Old 01-19-2019, 04:04 PM   #1
Jimmy James
Human being with feelings

Default Quantize troubles

I have searched all over for a answer and all I can find is folks with the same problem, but no answer. I have drum tracks in midi that the hits are just a touch before the mark. If I quantize them they don't move.
I am totally stumped on what is causing this. Any ideas?
Jimmy James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
If I quantize them they don't move.

ello-try selecting a few random notes and look at the values each give..note the starting/ending positions.>? > it may be graphical glitch if your numbers do not match what you 'see'.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 04:41 PM   #3
Bri1
Banned

^actually- just had a look with v.5963/x64 noticing a different error appeared...
bug= if 'frame' is selected in main arrange area as a time/ruler measure- midi editor shows grid of 256.. which is not actually available as a default selectable option in the default set m.editor... <devs>

try checking your grid settings in both areas+ how many tpqn are you using as an option for midi?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
Jimmy James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
^actually- just had a look with v.5963/x64 noticing a different error appeared...
bug= if 'frame' is selected in main arrange area as a time/ruler measure- midi editor shows grid of 256.. which is not actually available as a default selectable option in the default set m.editor... <devs>

try checking your grid settings in both areas+ how many tpqn are you using as an option for midi?
I am so lost reading this. I dont know what a tpqn is. I have my grid set to show 1/4. But it does it no matter what I set it to. In other parts of the midi drums that are say 4 bars, all the notes are perfect on beat. The sections where the midi is 12 bars or so, it is off when I zoom in.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
I have searched all over for a answer and all I can find is folks with the same problem, but no answer. I have drum tracks in midi that the hits are just a touch before the mark. If I quantize them they don't move.
How much is "a touch"? If a touch is smaller than one tick, then the notes can probably not move any closer to the grid. This would be due to some misalignment between the item's grid and the project's grid, if the item doesn't start on the project grid, or if the item is stretched.

Try setting your MIDI editor to View -> Piano roll timebase -> Source beats. Are the notes now aligned?

Could you upload a GIF or RPP to demonstrate the problem? Otherwise it is a bit difficult to know what's going happening.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
Jimmy James

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
How much is "a touch"? If a touch is smaller than one tick, then the notes can probably not move any closer to the grid. This would be due to some misalignment between the item's grid and the project's grid, if the item doesn't start on the project grid, or if the item is stretched.

Try setting your MIDI editor to View -> Piano roll timebase -> Source beats. Are the notes now aligned?

Could you upload a GIF or RPP to demonstrate the problem? Otherwise it is a bit difficult to know what's going happening.
YES! I did just what you said with view.piano.etc. That made it start perfect. Thank you! No clue why it didn't work right before, but now it does. I will bookmark this thread