Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 03-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #521
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamazai View Post
I've got a ridiculous problem. Installation is O.K. no problem but Reaper doesn't find that program. What's the problem ?
Should be in the VSTi or Instruments section
Old 03-14-2016, 05:44 AM   #522
mamazai

I checked the path, rescan is O.K. but I've searched "playtime", there's no playtime.
mamazai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:43 PM   #523
Gerry P

Quote:
I checked the path, rescan is O.K. but I've searched "playtime", there's no playtime.
Are you sure you did a "clear cache and rescan" and not just a rescan?

It does appear as "Playtime" in the VSTi's
Old 03-16-2016, 03:46 AM   #524
sec_goat

Default Controller Support?

I have just got a Behringer CMD Touch TC64, It's a very nice controller, and it has a Launchpad compatibility mode.

At least in launchpad compatibility mode I am able to launch clips and such from Playtime, but there is no feed back from playtime / reaper to light the pads up to indicate what is a happening.

I am able to get basic feedback from reaper on the pads if I reroute midi through a new track and out to the controller, I can't seem to get that to work with playtime.

So my question is: Am I doing something wrong? Does playtime light up the regular Launchpad? How can I get this one to light up or have comparability with this controller.

Thanks!
sec_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:21 AM   #525
unmixed

Quote:

You can either

a)re-install and make note of the install paths

b)find the "playtime.dll" file and point reaper to it or move to a folder reaper scans
unmixed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:57 PM   #526
MCCY

Any chance that you use the possibilities of reapers new tool "super8" to record the first item for live looping?
That way we would have PERFECT timing for the tempodetection and the recording of the first item...
MCCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:19 AM   #527
toxizz

Hello guys!!
Since this thread was becoming pretty overwhelming (thanks & appreciation to HelgoBoss, bugs report, new features, questions, etc.) I thought we could move the "how to" questions related to workflow & features that are already implemented specifically to a new thread.

Please, head over here and help me with this little problem i'm having regarding the "record start time - next measure"

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...=1#post1679526

Cheers & thanks!

Last edited by toxizz; 06-05-2016 at 06:42 AM.
toxizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:30 AM   #528
lxm

User guide seems to be down on your website. Just a heads up
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #529
memyselfandus

Can't wait to see what's next. I wonder what other types of stuff can be done utilizing the same options the developer has used for playtime? Has anyone else jumped into this at all? Maybe the same type of ableton type functions from a different perspective?
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #530
TheWhistler

Hi there,

I am still procrastinating to really use playtime.
My main issue is, what controller to use.
I would love use it like a luxurious looper.
Does anyone of you use controllers that were made for ableton live?
Old 06-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #531
Win Conway

Launchpad here, but playtime has such bad latency for me, i stopped using it, I need to get the developer a video at some point.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:04 PM   #532
memyselfandus

I guess I'm also wondering if someone could make a video with tips on how to make our own playtime type stuff with the same options that are inside reaper. Props to the developer for making the first awesome plugin the way he did. But is that where it ends? There has to be other cool stuff that can be done.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:48 PM   #533
TheWhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Launchpad here, but playtime has such bad latency for me, i stopped using it, I need to get the developer a video at some point.
Interesting, so launchpad works, triggering scenes and clips ?
Is it a real mess to set it up?

What do you mean with latency? I thought playtime will go with the reaper latency (as much as your audio buffer has).
Old 06-04-2016, 11:42 PM   #534
PitchSlap

I don't think I've even used Playtime since I bought it. I have a new computer now so plan to set it up with my FCB1010 (MIDI foot controller) and hope it works half as good as Mobius (freeware).
Old 06-05-2016, 02:32 AM   #535
TheWhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
I don't think I've even used Playtime since I bought it. I have a new computer now so plan to set it up with my FCB1010 (MIDI foot controller) and hope it works half as good as Mobius (freeware).
You are the one with the MSI notebook, aren´t you?
Old 06-05-2016, 04:27 AM   #536
PitchSlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhistler View Post
You are the one with the MSI notebook, aren´t you?
As of Dec 24, yes. I've been using it exclusively for the last few months.

Discovering "Link Shell Extension" was a godsend so I didn't need to worry about every single sample and plugin being installed in the exact same place...
Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 AM   #537
toxizz

Yo guys! Just wondering if you've experienced this strange behavior with playtime when trying to record & loop stuff.

I have a GIF demonstrating here : http://gph.is/1Yk6lmx

So typically, when using other loopers with default settings (Boss Rc-300/Rc-505), If there's already a track playing (say you just record it and now it's looping) and you want to record onto the next track, you can hit the record button of that new track on ANY beat and it's gonna wait for the new measure on beat #1 to actually start the recording.

That way, you have time to prepare yourself : press record and put your hands back on the guitar or keyboard for that upcoming measure.

PLaytime doesnt do that for me, it just start recording right away and puts the created item (thus with a gap at beginning) to next measure...
toxizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:51 AM   #538
Win Conway

Quote:

What do you mean with latency? I thought playtime will go with the reaper latency (as much as your audio buffer has).
Pretty much plug n play, it is near enough designed as default to work with Launchpad.
I have been struggling with latency and lost notes, but i finger drum DnB, so nobody else here has experienced it, i keep meaning to do a video for the developer, but honestly it is of little importance to me right now, I rarely post here anymore because i prefer to just load Maschine/MPC/Studio One and actually make a tune/build a performance.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #539
TheWhistler

Quote:
Pretty much plug n play, it is near enough designed as default to work with Launchpad.
I have been struggling with latency and lost notes, but i finger drum DnB, so nobody else here has experienced it, i keep meaning to do a video for the developer, but honestly it is of little importance to me right now, I rarely post here anymore because i prefer to just load Maschine/MPC/Studio One and actually make a tune/build a performance.
Thank´s for answering instead
Old 06-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #540
TheWhistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
As of Dec 24, yes. I've been using it exclusively for the last few months.

Discovering "Link Shell Extension" was a godsend so I didn't need to worry about every single sample and plugin being installed in the exact same place...
You have given me some helpful input for buying a notebook.
I was considering to buy an MSI but I changed my mind and bought a Schenker/XMG.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:42 PM   #541
loxnbabybagels

Does anyone have the windows 64-bit installer for Playtime v1.11 they could share with me? The Helgo Boss website is returning a "502 Bad Gateway" error.
loxnbabybagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:06 AM   #542
loxnbabybagels

Ok, looks like the site's back up--nevermind!
loxnbabybagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:52 AM   #543
helgoboss

Hi Playtime users,

you've probably noted that I've been silent for a while in this thread. Amongst other things, I've been working on a way to improve controlling Playtime via general-purpose MIDI controllers. For example, one thing which used to be surprisingly difficult was to navigate Playtime slots with MIDI buttons such as foot switches or keys (with knobs/faders it was very easy). You either had to write a controller configuration file yourself - which is not very intuitive (because it has a different focus - to support 3rd-party "single-purpose" matrix controllers like the Launchpad). Or you had to make extensive use of MIDIToReaControlPath, JS MIDI plugins ... very messy.

I could have fixed that in Playtime itself of course by providing additional controllable parameters tailored to the use with MIDI buttons. But eventually I realized that the cleanest way of fixing this would be to have more MIDI-learn features in REAPER. So I decided to write the new, free plug-in ReaLearn which you can use standalone without Playtime. A plug-in which supports advanced MIDI-learn scenarios - which I personally often encounter, also without Playtime. The advantage: You can benefit of those new MIDI-learn features also with other plug-ins (not only Playtime). And there's more to it than just controlling plug-in parameters.

Here's how you would set it up with Playtime in order to let the middle "C" key on your MIDI keyboard navigate to the previous slot and the "D" next to it navigate to the next slot:

Here's the corresponding REAPER project file. Before opening it, you need to install ReaLearn of course.

I'm going to answer the questions of your previous posts in the next post.

Benjamin
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #544
memyselfandus

Amazing
Old 07-03-2016, 01:06 PM   #545
helgoboss

Quote:
That would be greatly appreciated. Just an RPP file and some instructions what you intend to do would be enough actually. As soon as I'm aware of the latency problem, I can fix it. That would be my highest priority because Playtime is very much about timing

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandus View Post
How cool would something like this be? To control playtime from an iPad?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=s_qOGMUzpAU
Some support for Lemur and Co. is on my list but doesn't have high priority for me currently to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regrant View Post
I'm having trouble with MIDI recording and "Auto-play recorded clips".

Basically I've got a 1 bar click loaded up and started. Then I click the record button in a slot in another group (mapped to a synth track), play some notes then click the record button again. The result is that there is roughly 2 beats of silence before the notes play - everything is shifted to the right - the loop length is correct so at the end things just get truncated. Now, my timing is bad but not that bad, if I record the same thing directly to the track in Reaper the recording is as I would expect.

I'm using the latest version, all settings are at at their defaults except for auto play after record. If I turn off the auto play setting things work as expected, except that I have to manually trigger the newly recorded part obviously.

Also, the behavior is the same whether I use mouse clicks or map automation to my MIDI controller.
Any chance you can send me the RPP file and instructions in which track you want to record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec_goat View Post
I have just got a Behringer CMD Touch TC64, It's a very nice controller, and it has a Launchpad compatibility mode.

At least in launchpad compatibility mode I am able to launch clips and such from Playtime, but there is no feed back from playtime / reaper to light the pads up to indicate what is a happening.

I am able to get basic feedback from reaper on the pads if I reroute midi through a new track and out to the controller, I can't seem to get that to work with playtime.

So my question is: Am I doing something wrong? Does playtime light up the regular Launchpad? How can I get this one to light up or have comparability with this controller.

Thanks!
With the original Launchpad, visual feedback just works if you set Launchpad as MIDI hardware output of the Playtime track (setting it as hardware output is mandatory). Could you try that with your Behringer CMD Touch TC64 as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
Any chance that you use the possibilities of reapers new tool "super8" to record the first item for live looping?
That way we would have PERFECT timing for the tempodetection and the recording of the first item...
Rather not. super8 doesn't work with MIDI clips for example and it has a very different concept. I would rather work on Playtime's timing itself. But in order to do that, I need to know what's the actual problem. Is the problem that with "Auto-play recorded clips" switched on, the recorded clip starts too late?

Quote:
Playtime was built with Launchpad in mind. Just set Launchpad as MIDI input and MIDI output for the Playtime track and choose "Launchpad" as "Connected controller" on settings page 2. That's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxizz View Post
Yo guys! Just wondering if you've experienced this strange behavior with playtime when trying to record & loop stuff.

I have a GIF demonstrating here : http://gph.is/1Yk6lmx

So typically, when using other loopers with default settings (Boss Rc-300/Rc-505), If there's already a track playing (say you just record it and now it's looping) and you want to record onto the next track, you can hit the record button of that new track on ANY beat and it's gonna wait for the new measure on beat #1 to actually start the recording.

That way, you have time to prepare yourself : press record and put your hands back on the guitar or keyboard for that upcoming measure.

PLaytime doesnt do that for me, it just start recording right away and puts the created item (thus with a gap at beginning) to next measure...
OK, that's weird. I mean it's normal that Playtime starts recording right away (for better timing) and crops the clip later. But the shift of 2 beats in your second recording looks like a bug. I'll look into it.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #546
vanhaze

Playtime seems so incredibly powerful but it lacks a very in depth video tutorial, explaining all aspects
of Playtime.
And i know alot of people are feeling the same way.
There are some Playtime vids out there but they are not in depth enough.
I just wanna know EVERYTHING about Playtime.

I fiddled around abit with Playtime but alot of it's functionality i just don't get.
For me, it's just not that intuitive and userfriendly, so i need a well laid out explanation, preferably a tutorial vid.

Please !
vanhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:12 PM   #547
Diego Roinich

Suggestion for Realearn: Soft takeover

And the track volume assignation does not work very well.

Great job!!!
Diego Roinich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 02:22 PM   #548
Diego Roinich

It works well when the assignment to the volume control is done by action type. And respect my track control panel preferences.

Last edited by Diego Roinich; 07-03-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:30 PM   #549
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Roinich View Post
And the track volume assignation does not work very well.
Thanks for that info. Can you please go more into detail? Is it an issue with "Target learn" or have you already learned the volume target and now controlling the volume doesn't work as expected? OS X or Win?
Old 07-03-2016, 02:38 PM   #550
Diego Roinich

The problem is not with the assignment. It is with the behavior. It works very logarithmically, not linear. When the assignment is by actions function works as it did from the assignment to track volume control through the list of Reaper actions.

Sorry for my English. I do not know if I was clear.

Windows 7.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #551
Diego Roinich

Instead the track pan works well.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #552
cutnpaste
Banned

Default Questions

1. Is playtime available only 32 bit.

2. Is there a distributor in the US.
cutnpaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #553
Diego Roinich

Quote:
The problem is not with the assignment. It is with the behavior. It works very logarithmically, not linear. When the assignment is by actions function works as it did from the assignment to track volume control through the list of Reaper actions.

Sorry for my English. I do not know if I was clear.

Windows 7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fz90RQLvBM
Old 07-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #554
helgoboss

Quote:
Hi Diego. Thanks for the explanation and the video. Got it. This will be fixed in beta4 (soon to be released). Then it works exactly like the action. (Just in case anybody wonders, the advantage over the action is that it is independent of track numbers.)

By the way, I forgot to mention: There's an official ReaLearn forum thread. Would be nice to keep the ReaLearn stuff there from now on. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutnpaste View Post
1. Is playtime available only 32 bit.

2. Is there a distributor in the US.
1. It's also available in 64-bit.

2. No, it's just sold on the website.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:16 AM   #555
rcl

This may have been addressed, but reading though this thread I didnt see it.

Does Playtime allow for following action?

In Live for example you can set parameters for how many times a clip plays and what happens when its finished. Goto next clip in group for example or goto first clip.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:21 AM   #556
rcl

I spent some time last eve and came up with a way using mega baby sequencer to trigger clips and scenes. It actually works really well. But it is limited to 64 beats. Not long enough for a whole tune. I tried using a regular midi item but because Playtime jumps to the end of the project, any item you try to use will be skipped over.

Are there maybe some actions that I am not thinking of that could do the same thing?
Old 07-13-2016, 04:57 AM   #557
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
Does Playtime allow for following action?
Not yet. I experimented with it once and realized it's technically indeed possible and feasible to implement this feature. Can't tell you any release date though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcl View Post
I spent some time last eve and came up with a way using mega baby sequencer to trigger clips and scenes. It actually works really well. But it is limited to 64 beats. Not long enough for a whole tune. I tried using a regular midi item but because Playtime jumps to the end of the project, any item you try to use will be skipped over.

Are there maybe some actions that I am not thinking of that could do the same thing?
Settings => Play arrangement with clips => On (then Playtime doesn't jump to the end anymore)
Old 07-13-2016, 06:57 AM   #558
rcl

Thanks, Ill try it out. That would be better for me than the follow action.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #559
Ozman

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Settings => Play arrangement with clips => On (then Playtime doesn't jump to the end anymore)
Super... I've been wondering if that was doable

Is there or will there be an option to remove media items from the arrangement and just retain in the project bay? And thus give the experience of them being retained in the playtime interface (as well as add/creating items there and they only show on the arrangement for editing or during recording (like live)?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:52 AM   #560
MW1

Question.
Can Playtime be controlled using Program Change messages?

All footswitch actions I do are with Program Change messages.

I would thus want to control Playtime without having to redo all my actions and whatnot.

Thanks!
MW1 is offline   Reply With Quote