Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
Magpel
Human being with feelings

Default Bizarre, MIDI/VSTi Crisis HELP

Well, crisis in terms of when this problem just popped up out of nowhere, crippling me at a vital time.

Will try to explain as best I can.

All of a sudden certain but not all of my VSTis and AUis will not play incoming MIDI data from my controller. No logic as to which ones. For example, the first two I discovered were SampleTank 3 and Kontakt 5, so I thought it was Sample based issue, but no. Certain NI VAs (Reaktor) don't work, but certain NI VAs (Massive, FM8) do. G-Player ( A Giga translator) works fine. Garritan does not. Sylenth works great, my Sonnox Harpsichord saple in fine, etc.

More details about the problem instruments:

--The VSTis in question WILL play sound from their internal keyboards if they have them, so the samples seem to fine and properly located.

--They WILL play previously recorded MIDI tracks in Reaper.

--The Reaper track meters DO show MIDI data being received. I CAN record MIDI data to the VSTi tracks but the newly recorded data WILL NOT play back sound, even though older data on the same tracks DOES play back sound.

Things I have tried:

--tried multiple times with fresh projects
--Many reboots
--Many resets of Reaper and Mac MIDI
--Updated Reaper just now

When I thought it was just SanmpleTank, I was like "oh, just IK acting up again." But when I saw it was all of Kontakt and Garritan...

My rig:

Latest Reaper on an i Mac running Sierra 10.12.6
MOTU Micro Lite MIDI interface
UA Apollo 8 TB, blackface

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for even reading this. If you have any clues please do share!
Magpel is offline   Reply With Quote