Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-25-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
JBrowning
Human being with feelings

Default Edit data recorded from midi learn?

I assigned the cutoff of a filter in Massive to a knob on one of my midi controllers. I recorded a drone and transferred it to a separate track which was sent to the original. Then I hit record again and tweaked the knob, which Reaper tracked no problem. How do I get to this info to edit it? Double clicking the midi file opens up an empty edit window.
JBrowning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:51 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrowning View Post
I assigned the cutoff of a filter in Massive to a knob on one of my midi controllers. I recorded a drone and transferred it to a separate track which was sent to the original. Then I hit record again and tweaked the knob, which Reaper tracked no problem. How do I get to this info to edit it? Double clicking the midi file opens up an empty edit window.
You can edit automation envelopes in the arrangement view. More info in the User Guide - chapter 18.

In case you're looking for something different, please post more info about what you mean with 'How do I get to this info to edit it' exactly.

Last edited by solger; 01-26-2017 at 04:05 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
JBrowning

I have assigned a filter cutoff to a knob on my X-session midi controller. When I hit record and turn the knob, Reaper creates what looks just like a midi track, but with the automation lines at the bottom of the graphic instead of midi notes. I want to be able to edit that. Double clicking it brings up the editor, and there is a drop down at the bottom left that is on velocity. There are over 100 options in that menu, I have tried a few with no luck. See attachment for screen grab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg automation massive.jpg (53.0 KB, 182 views)
Old 01-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
ashcat_lt

Ideally, you would know which CC that controller is sending, but...

When you pull down that dropdown list, there should be a dot or something next to controller numbers that actually have data recorded.

You could put the JS midi monitor on the track and that would also tell you which CC is running, but looking for the dot should be quicker.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
JBrowning

Ahhh the dot, great, thank you that was it.