Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-29-2023, 11:26 AM   #1
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Default CSI v3 - Now Includes Auto-FX Mapping -- Use this for Setup Help, Bug Reports, etc.

This is the place to discuss/ask about all setup, configuration, help, devices, bug reports, etc. related topics.

The red Wiki link below is another great place to get CSI info related to the above topics.

The CSI Technical Feature Discussion thread will be restricted to technical design considerations.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 04-30-2023 at 03:21 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 03:29 PM   #2
mschnell

Is there already an XTouch Compact file set for it ? (I might finally reconsider to jump in...)
But.... I am heavily using the pre-release "media item fixed lanes" comping, so I suppose I would need this to be supported. (Of course on the long ruin I would be able to make this happen...)
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 03:41 PM   #3
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Is there already an XTouch Compact file set for it ? (I might finally reconsider to jump in...)
But.... I am heavily using the pre-release "media item fixed lanes" comping, so I suppose I would need this to be supported. (Of course on the long ruin I would be able to make this happen...)
-Michael
In the X Touch world we only have X Touch Universal and X Touch One so far.
Old 04-29-2023, 11:19 PM   #4
mschnell

I am still not clear if with the Compact it would make more sense to use the Midi or the MC mode...
Old 04-30-2023, 05:55 AM   #5
Funkybot

General message to everyone starting off with CSI v3: if you have a device that supports "MCU" of any kind (Behringer, ICON, SSL, etc.), you can probably get up and running quickly with the included X-Touch files from CSI support. There may be some things the X-Touch supports that your hardware doesn't: like changing the display colors and feedback on buttons, but that should be no problem with other hardware that sticks closely to the MCU hardware. Your surface just won't change colors or display feedback, but all features should otherwise work. Hence why it's a great jumping off point until stock MCU files get added.

Just copy the zone folder and rename it for your surface and use that as a jumping off point. The closer your device adheres to MCU, the easier it will be.

Quote:
I am still not clear if with the Compact it would make more sense to use the Midi or the MC mode...
I'm not an X-Touch Compact owner, but I'd be happy to assist where I can as long as you share any working files.

I recall helping another user out with X-Touch Compact files somewhat recently and there was something really weird about it but I'm blanking on what.

If you want to get up and running quickly my advice would be the same as above:

1. Set the COMPACT up in MCU mode
2. Use the X-Touch files in the CSI support files
3. Copy and rename the zone files to X-Touch Compact
5. Post back here with details if anything doesn't work, doesn't work well, or you'd want to tweak

If we need to try it in MIDI Mode because of strange behavior, I may be able to find an .mst somewhere but try MCU first.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:58 PM   #6
mschnell

The thing is, that in MCU mode, some controls of the Compact are disabled. I could imagine to use those (ore anything ) for special purpose.
Unfortunately with the Compact the Faders feature only 7 bit resolution in either mode
Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 05-01-2023 at 05:06 AM.
Old 04-30-2023, 11:06 PM   #7
jakeman19

Default Master Track FX issues

So I got around to getting CSI v3.0 installed this weekend. In the Buttons zone file there is the following code:

Code:
Inputs                      GoAssociatedZone MasterTrackFXMenu
This calls up the expected list of FX's on my Master Fader.
When I select any of the FX's, the layout/readings on my MCU doesn't seem to work as the Rotary LED's are all lite up as well as the mutes. Display doesn't show proper info at all.

This all works fine for regular tracks when selecting FX's but not the Master Fader FX's

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong again?

Jd
jakeman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:35 AM   #8
luiza177

Just ported my v2.0 code to v3.0 for my FaderPortv2. I haven't done a ton of testing yet, but everything seems to work, except for banking through tracks.

I'm aware the syntax has changed. I used to have:
Code:
// v2.0
Prev            Reaper 40286 // prev track
Because I liked how, if no tracks were selected, it would select the first track. I tried changed it to the following
Code:
// v3.0
Prev            Bank Track -1
// or
Prev            Bank SelectedTrack -1
But neither works, and neither does calling the Reaper action like I used to have. Am I missing something?
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:25 AM   #9
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by luiza177 View Post
Just ported my v2.0 code to v3.0 for my FaderPortv2. I haven't done a ton of testing yet, but everything seems to work, except for banking through tracks.

I'm aware the syntax has changed. I used to have:
Code:
// v2.0
Prev            Reaper 40286 // prev track
Because I liked how, if no tracks were selected, it would select the first track. I tried changed it to the following
Code:
// v3.0
Prev            Bank Track -1
// or
Prev            Bank SelectedTrack -1
But neither works, and neither does calling the Reaper action like I used to have. Am I missing something?
I didn't know about that trick with the 40286 action. That may qualify as a feature request for Geoff: if no tracks are selected and "Bank SelectedTrack" is pressed, select track 1. I run into that somewhat regularly myself because of how it easy it is to end up with a non-selected track in Reaper.

Additionally, you don't have to use Bank SelectedTrack at all. You could go back to the native Reaper actions if you prefer.
Old 05-01-2023, 06:28 AM   #10
Funkybot

Quote:
The thing is, that in MCU mode, some controls of the Compact are disabled. I could imagine to use those (ore anything ) for special purpose.
Unfortunately with the Compact the Faders feature only 7 bit resolution in either mode
Michael
Yeah, that's what the "issue" I was thinking of was. If it's only 7-bit faders regardless of mode, wouldn't it just be best to then use MIDI mode and base around that?

The wiki covers how to create an .mst from scratch and I'd be happy to assist where/how I can. After that, it should be relatively straightforward to create the zone files.

It's a shame Behringer crippled the Compact the way they did. I guess they wanted to differentiate it between an Extender and really severely limited it.
Old 05-01-2023, 07:43 AM   #11
UNdark

Quote:
Hi - any one else finding :

ClearAllModifiers

Not working in the latest versions?
Thats the December the 14th 2022 and April 12th 2023 combination
(GEOFF)
Quote:
Are you using local modifiers ?
I think i know what that issue is - on the ol MCU i'm using mixmonkeys trick of duplicating modifiers to buttons with lights..

Maybe I can't do that anymore?
Old 05-01-2023, 08:38 AM   #12
andyp24

Maybe it's just me, but I can't see an explanation of the AutoFX mapping in the CSI Wiki.....

Is updated documentation on the way, or am I just missing it somehow?

Thanks
Andy
andyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:45 AM   #13
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyp24 View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see an explanation of the AutoFX mapping in the CSI Wiki.....

Is updated documentation on the way, or am I just missing it somehow?

Thanks
Andy
There's an updated wiki link in my sig. See the Change Log page for details.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:31 AM   #14
andyp24

Thanks, I was looking at the right wiki, but not in the Changelog section...

Just had a quick read, and as usual with anything new in CSI, I don't understand it much at all :-(

But this time I REALLY want to get to grips with how to set it all up and get it working for me, so as soon as I have time in my work schedule I will be asking a lot of basic questions....

A.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:40 AM   #15
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks, I was looking at the right wiki, but not in the Changelog section...

Just had a quick read, and as usual with anything new in CSI, I don't understand it much at all :-(

But this time I REALLY want to get to grips with how to set it all up and get it working for me, so as soon as I have time in my work schedule I will be asking a lot of basic questions....

A.
What surface will you be using it with?
Old 05-01-2023, 12:40 PM   #16
luiza177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I didn't know about that trick with the 40286 action. That may qualify as a feature request for Geoff: if no tracks are selected and "Bank SelectedTrack" is pressed, select track 1. I run into that somewhat regularly myself because of how it easy it is to end up with a non-selected track in Reaper.

Additionally, you don't have to use Bank SelectedTrack at all. You could go back to the native Reaper actions if you prefer.
That's the thing... It seems like neither Bank SelectedTrack nor Reaper 40286 is working for me. Everything else seems perfectly fine though.
luiza177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #17
MixMonkey

Quote:
That's the thing... It seems like neither Bank SelectedTrack nor Reaper 40286 is working for me. Everything else seems perfectly fine though.
This is working here:
Code:
SomeButton   Bank Track "-8"
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:02 PM   #18
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
(GEOFF)
I think i know what that issue is - on the ol MCU i'm using mixmonkeys trick of duplicating modifiers to buttons with lights..
Don't waste four buttons by duplicating them, use the original buttons for something else!
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 02:20 PM   #19
andyp24

Quote:
What surface will you be using it with?
SCE24 and X Touch
Old 05-01-2023, 04:59 PM   #20
Funkybot

Quote:
SCE24 and X Touch
If you're using the X-Touch, try the included files. The Auto-FX mapping should "just work".

For the SCE-24, I suspect that until the new firmware is in the can, this feature may not work just yet. But let's pretend it's the future and we have the new firmware already. In that case, the SCE24 should just work like a Mackie C4.

You'd start with a SurfaceFXLayout.zon file. This says "hey, use rotary widgets for the FX Params. Use Display Upper to show the Param name (FixedTextDisplay, as shown below, will allow for easy editing of the name after the fact). Use Display lower for the FXParamValue Display.
Code:
Zone SurfaceFXLayout SCE24FXLayout
	Rotary FXParam
	DisplayUpper FixedTextDisplay
	DisplayLower FXParamValueDisplay
ZoneEnd
Next, we need an FXLayout.zon file. This is saying, there are A, B, and C rows for the Rotary and Display widgets from the SCE24FXLayout. Each of those rows has 8 widgets. I want to also auto-assign modifiers for Shift, Option, Alt, and Control. Which looks like this...
Code:
Zone FXLayouts
     SCE24FXLayout                   A 8
     SCE24FXLayout                   B 8
     SCE24FXLayout                   C 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Shift             A 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Shift             B 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Shift             C 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Option            A 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Option            B 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Option            C 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Alt               A 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Alt               B 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Alt               C 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Control           A 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Control           B 8
     SCE24FXLayout+Control           C 8
ZoneEnd
Now let's hypothetically say that there are some CSI specific WidgetModes we can send to the SCE24 with a corresponding SetSCE24Display action. And we wanted to change the Text Alignment whenever we enter and exit the FX Zones. If we want to put those at the top of our Auto-FX zones, we create an FXPrologue zone file.
Code:
Zone FXPrologue
	OnZoneActivation	SetSCE24DisplayUpper TextAlign=Center
	OnZoneDeactivation	SetSCE24DisplayUpper TextAlign=Left
ZoneEnd
Lastly, pretend you want to automatically add some "NoAction" commands (or any trailing text) to your RotaryPush widgets in these Auto-FX zones so you don't accidentally tweak something by accident. You'd create an FXEpilogue.zon like this.
Code:
Zone FXEpilogue
     RotaryPushA1     NoAction
     RotaryPushA2     NoAction
     RotaryPushA3     NoAction
     RotaryPushA4     NoAction
     RotaryPushA5     NoAction
     RotaryPushA6     NoAction
     RotaryPushA7     NoAction
     RotaryPushA8     NoAction

RotaryPushB1     NoAction
     RotaryPushB2     NoAction
     RotaryPushB3     NoAction
     RotaryPushB4     NoAction
     RotaryPushB5     NoAction
     RotaryPushB6     NoAction
     RotaryPushB7     NoAction
     RotaryPushB8     NoAction

RotaryPushC1     NoAction
     RotaryPushC2     NoAction
     RotaryPushC3     NoAction
     RotaryPushC4     NoAction
     RotaryPushC5     NoAction
     RotaryPushC6     NoAction
     RotaryPushC7     NoAction
     RotaryPushC8     NoAction
ZoneEnd
Then all you have to do is activate an FX you don't already have a map for on that surface. Once you do that, it will produce an Auto-FX Zone.

Just a reminder: the SCE-24 in it's current state, may require more commands than we'd reasonably want to send using this syntax. Might be best to hold out for the new firmware.

But this already works for other surfaces, including the X-Touch you have.
Old 05-01-2023, 05:00 PM   #21
Funkybot

Quote:
Post your zone contents. You sure you're using a SelectedTrack.zon? Did you set the FaderPort to 1 channel in the preferences?
Old 05-02-2023, 05:22 AM   #22
xeonblack

Default X-Touch Extender CSI 3.0

Hello, where can I get Zone and Surface Files for X-touch Extender?
xeonblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 06:11 AM   #23
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeonblack View Post
Hello, where can I get Zone and Surface Files for X-touch Extender?
You can probably just use the X-Touch files for now, until we get a set of extender files uploaded.
Old 05-02-2023, 06:12 AM   #24
Nantho

Hi there !

This new version seems awesome

I've got my Midi Fighter Twister running in no time thanks to the included support file. But if I'm not wrong, there also used to be a TouchOSC "companion" in order to display the mapping on the Twister and I can't find it... Am I missing something here ?
Nantho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:16 AM   #25
vlab

Hi !

EDIT: Just to the faders working, but I get no text in the display !!

----

I've just updated my CSI to V3, to use along my X-touch Extender. (I only have the extender), and it seems the control surface is not responding anymore since more recent versions.

I had similar issues with some recent CSI2 that just seems to break the connection to my Xtouch. I was forced to stay with a version that is, IIRC from July 2021..

- I backuped my CSI2 files outside of the CSI folder, along with the DLL and DYLIB files
- I haven't ported my CSI2 ZON files yet, I'm only trying to get track faders to go up
- I made sure my X_touch Extender MIDI ports were not in use in the MIDI devices menu
- When checking the CSI action to show input data, I can see the logs when moving a fader: Zone -- C:\Users\Vincent\AppData\Roaming\REAPER/CSI/Zones/X-Touch/Track.zon
However, no fader is moving in Reaper
- The other way around, if I log Reaper's output to CSI, I get nothing.
- If I replace the new files with my older CSI files, everything works.

Let me know if anyone has a clue on how to get it working, much appreciated !

Cheers!
V

Last edited by vlab; 05-02-2023 at 07:27 AM. Reason: progress!!
vlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:20 AM   #26
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantho View Post
Hi there !

This new version seems awesome

I've got my Midi Fighter Twister running in no time thanks to the included support file. But if I'm not wrong, there also used to be a TouchOSC "companion" in order to display the mapping on the Twister and I can't find it... Am I missing something here ?
I didn't want to include that setup in the stock files as it's a little more complex and requires a TouchOSC host, but I'm happy to share it here.

Note: widgets A1-A8 here are an FXMenu style setup. This is a very different setutp than the "stock" files I created for the CSI Support Files. Example: there are no volume and pan controls here, the encoders don't do much in the main zone since it's a mix of FX Menu and some Reaper options/settings. Feel free to modify for your own use of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdux8lvqfi...CSIv3.zip?dl=0

Reach out if you have questions or issues.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:28 AM   #27
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlab View Post
Hi !

EDIT: Just to the faders working, but I get no text in the display !!

----

I've just updated my CSI to V3, to use along my X-touch Extender. (I only have the extender), and it seems the control surface is not responding anymore since more recent versions.

I had similar issues with some recent CSI2 that just seems to break the connection to my Xtouch. I was forced to stay with a version that is, IIRC from July 2021..

- I backuped my CSI2 files outside of the CSI folder, along with the DLL and DYLIB files
- I haven't ported my CSI2 ZON files yet, I'm only trying to get track faders to go up
- I made sure my X_touch Extender MIDI ports were not in use in the MIDI devices menu
- When checking the CSI action to show input data, I can see the logs when moving a fader: Zone -- C:\Users\Vincent\AppData\Roaming\REAPER/CSI/Zones/X-Touch/Track.zon
However, no fader is moving in Reaper
- The other way around, if I log Reaper's output to CSI, I get nothing.
- If I replace the new files with my older CSI files, everything works.

Let me know if anyone has a clue on how to get it working, much appreciated !

Cheers!
V
If you're going all the way back to July 2021, there have been a lot zone changes since then. Do you only have an Extender? Or also an X-Touch?

We're currently waiting for some "official" MCUXT files from Mixmonkey, who is tied up with other things, but I can probably port over the CSI v2 with little to no effort to see if that helps.

EDIT
...in fact, you can probably just use the X-Touch files from the CSISupportFiles.zip to get up and running quuickly. An extender is basically an MCU/X-Touch with less buttons so the X-Touch files should work. At least for the basics. Geoff points out the same a few posts above.

Last edited by Funkybot; 05-02-2023 at 07:39 AM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:36 AM   #28
vlab

Quote:
If you're going all the way back to July 2021, there have been a lot zone changes since then. Do you only have an Extender? Or also an X-Touch?

We're currently waiting for some "official" MCUXT files from Mixmonkey, who is tied up with other things, but I can probably port over the CSI v2 with little to no effort to see if that helps.
Hi ! I only have the Extender, no Xtouch. I remember having issues with the FB_XTouchDisplayUpper 0 back in the days, I tried replacing it with FB_MCUDisplayUpper 0 instead, but it has not resolved my issue.

I know a lot has changed and, I refrained myself from updating, as it always broke my ZON, and the general functioning of the Xtouch for me. But I'd really need to get more into subzones to get the most out of the few faders/knobs/displays I have.

If there is anything that can be done to make it work, I really would appreciate it, and if you'd like me to test some stuff too, let me know !

Cheers!
V
Old 05-02-2023, 07:57 AM   #29
Funkybot

Quote:
Hi ! I only have the Extender, no Xtouch. I remember having issues with the FB_XTouchDisplayUpper 0 back in the days, I tried replacing it with FB_MCUDisplayUpper 0 instead, but it has not resolved my issue.

I know a lot has changed and, I refrained myself from updating, as it always broke my ZON, and the general functioning of the Xtouch for me. But I'd really need to get more into subzones to get the most out of the few faders/knobs/displays I have.

If there is anything that can be done to make it work, I really would appreciate it, and if you'd like me to test some stuff too, let me know !

Cheers!
V
Yes, let's try some stuff out!

Here's my advice, let's try this on a self-contained Reaper installation so you don't mess with your existing setup until you're ready to make the switch and know things are working:

1. Download the latest Reaper installer
2. Run it
3. Check the "Portable Install" box, then select a different directory for the install like C:\Temp\Reaper Portable\
4. Install CSI v3 there
5. Install the CSI Support Files there
6. Setup CSI on the Portable Install using the X-touch .mst and .zon folders

After that, do you still have problems with the displays? Let us know one way or the other.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:06 AM   #30
MT4U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
You can probably just use the X-Touch files for now, until we get a set of extender files uploaded.
I have X-Touch Extender files I can post here if anyone needs them, but the most important thing is to make the proper configuration of the start channel on each surface and the banking (+16/-16) on the main surface.

CSI_FX
: SubZone based GUI/Automapper for CSI.(UPD:2024-01-13)
Video Demo/Tutorial
Scripts for CSI: Reaper EEL2 scripts to use with CSI
MT4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:11 AM   #31
vlab

Quote:
Yes, let's try some stuff out!

Here's my advice, let's try this on a self-contained Reaper installation so you don't mess with your existing setup until you're ready to make the switch and know things are working:

After that, do you still have problems with the displays? Let us know one way or the other.
Just tried with a fresh new portable install, along with the new CSI3 files, and I get the same behavior, displays stays blank (and remains blue).

Thanks,
V
Old 05-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #32
mduque

I have just installed CSI V3 and configure so far. It is working and I like, but when I close Reaper and start over (after some hours) the XTouch does not respond to faders or buttons. I have to switch off the controller and restart several times until my project faders and buttons work again.

This makes the whole effort useless.

Please help. I like this extension and I would like to continue using (donate).
mduque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:14 AM   #33
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by mduque View Post
I have just installed CSI V3 and configure so far. It is working and I like, but when I close Reaper and start over (after some hours) the XTouch does not respond to faders or buttons. I have to switch off the controller and restart several times until my project faders and buttons work again.

This makes the whole effort useless.

Please help. I like this extension and I would like to continue using (donate).
Haven't experienced this myself.

When I close Reaper and expect to leave it closed for a while, I turn off the X-Touch.

Have you tried that ?
Old 05-02-2023, 10:20 AM   #34
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Cheers!
V
Oops, I forgot, in the .mst file, you need to replace these:

Code:
FB_XTouchDisplayUpper
FB_XTouchDisplayLower
with these:

Code:
FB_XTouchXTDisplayUpper
FB_XTouchXTDisplayLower
Old 05-02-2023, 10:33 AM   #35
vlab

Quote:
Oops, I forgot, in the .mst file, you need to replace these:

Code:
FB_XTouchDisplayUpper
FB_XTouchDisplayLower
with these:

Code:
FB_XTouchXTDisplayUpper
FB_XTouchXTDisplayLower
Hi Geoff !
Thanks for this, it partially works, from what I experience here, if I have less than the 8 faders assigned, ALL displays are dark, whenever all 8 faders are assigned, then I get text and colour on the displays.

Cheers!
V
Old 05-02-2023, 11:11 AM   #36
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff !
Thanks for this, it partially works, from what I experience here, if I have less than the 8 faders assigned, ALL displays are dark, whenever all 8 faders are assigned, then I get text and colour on the displays.

Cheers!
V
Hmmm...

Strange, just checked here and it works fine on the X-Touch with less than 8 tracks in a project.

When you say 8 faders assigned, how are you assigning them ?
Old 05-02-2023, 11:21 AM   #37
Geoff Waddington

New support files are up.

CSI Support Files.zip

Support for:

Code:
MCU
MCUXT
C4
iPad
Thanks MixMonkey !
Old 05-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #38
Funkybot

Quote:
Hmmm...

Strange, just checked here and it works fine on the X-Touch with less than 8 tracks in a project.

I vaguely recall you having to fix something to make it work with less than 8 channels on the X-Touch also. Is it possible that what you're doing in the code to make it work for that one didn't trickle down the to the XT widgets?

I could just be recalling events incorrectly too. That happens more and more.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:55 AM   #39
vlab

Quote:
Hmmm...

Hi !
Strange indeed, maybe it's something only related to the extender code?

I picked up the newest support files you just sent. Adjusted the MST according to the info above. And I get the same result.

(I was supposed to replace all instances of FB_XTouchDisplayUpper/Lower with FB_XTouchXTDisplayUpper/Lower right?)

When I say that I assign tracks, I actually just create tracks in TCP.

Here are the steps to recreate the issue here:

- I create a new project (all 8 displays are black)
- I create 1 track: Fader raises, Display1 flickers blue, then goes black
- I create 6 more, Faders raise, Displays 1-7 flickers bleu, then goes black
- I create a 8th track, all displays light up fine

- If I delete the 8th track or more, all displays go blank again
- If, after that, I add a track, then all displays that has tracks assigned to, will light up.

What I found out is, the issue only occurs on projects that are less than 8 tracks, As long as you have more than that, the behavior seems fine.

Also, I tried unassingning tracks to MCP (in the Track Manager), and I notice that all displays go blank whenever
- there is less than 8 tracks in a project
- if I unassign the LAST track of the project from MCP, then all display goes blank.
- unassigning any track but the last one keep the desired behavior.

Another way to resolve the issue in this case,is to go in the Track Manager, and toggle on and off any MCP tracks.

I hope this helps,

Cheers!
V
Old 05-02-2023, 12:00 PM   #40
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I vaguely recall you having to fix something to make it work with less than 8 channels on the X-Touch also. Is it possible that what you're doing in the code to make it work for that one didn't trickle down the to the XT widgets?

I could just be recalling events incorrectly too. That happens more and more.
Just rechecked the code, should be fine with the extender.