Old 09-08-2018, 08:35 AM   #1
jbraner
Human being with feelings

Default Track Notes - visual indication?

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible at all - but I thought I'd throw it out there to see what anybody else thinks.

Is there any way to set some kind of visual indicator to let us know that there are track notes on a particular track? I recently discovered track notes (well, I knew they were there but I couldn't find how to add them) and it would be handy to have a little indicator to show there is a note on a track.

It would have to be something that doesn't care what theme is in use (even if it is possible, it would be a major PIA to re-invent this for every theme)

What do you think?
jbraner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
sammydix

I'm surprised nothing came of this. I just searched looking for the same thing, thinking maybe there at least was a script or something. Maybe a slight change in the track color, a tiny "light," anything.
I might have track notes on old projects and never know they're there unless I just amazingly remembered. Item notes are perfect and clearly indicated.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #3
BenK-msx

There should be a prefs media items tick box that shows a little indicator above media item to indicate it has notes..

See prefs and search media items section
Old 03-10-2020, 05:12 PM   #4
sammydix

Thanks BenK, but I know about the media item notes.

It's the track notes that I'd like to see indicated.
I found a workaround, though: since there's rarely anything before the first few beats of a song, I placed a small, empty item for the track I comment on at the very zero start. When I see that, I know I have a note for that specific track. In short, I use a track note the same as I would an media item note and don't bother with the real track not at all--though I do like Track notes little box better. hah

Last edited by sammydix; 03-10-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:49 PM   #5
BenK-msx

ah yeh - forgot about track notes..
can always colour your empty item or use an image or something if wanted more 'pop' - but you know that, i mention for passers by...
Old 03-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #6
sammydix

The little media item "quote" symbol is clear enough. I have the option on for it to "light up" when there's a comment. But the coloring idea is great since it may be too small to show the symbol sometimes if the track isn't wide or tall enough. Thanks.