Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
staticmaker
Human being with feelings

Default Amplitube & Guitar Rig Issues AND more!

You know, I was skeptical, at first, about Reaper. Been using it for about a month and I was just starting to love it when suddenly it began doing crazy things to my VST's and channels/tracks. I was even ready to send them an email telling them how amazed I haven't even found one mistake in their user manual yet- and how well it was written. very good. I just wish the damn software was more reliable.

I thought the wacky behavior of Amplitube and GuitarRig disappearing may have been caused by an install of IK Multimedia's CSR...but have since removed it and was not the problem.
Here's what happens:
I start a new project. Add an audio track. Add Amplitube and select a patch. It works fine. Add another channel, stack some guitar parts and still fine. Add a virtual instrument track (say.... Alchemy synth). Keep in mind I unarm channels while doin this...... and when I go back to hear my guitar tracks the plugins have been removed and replaced by some weird little window with sliders.

Here's another prob:
I add virtual instrument DFH /Ez Drummer. I set it up as multi channel by saying "yes" to routing different drum mics to cooresponding inputs then go to EZD and select "multichannel" from EZD's mixer area. All is fine. I add some verb to the snare and toms.....Sounds amazing! NOW If I understand correctly, if I tell the top folder to become parent folder (which is the master to EZD), I can neatly "nest" all the other drum channels below- making my workspace much cleaner (and I don't need to see all the drum channels anymore anyway). HOWEVER....... the moment I do this all the drums cease working. I can still se the input meter registering sound but it will not come thru the speakers. I tried enabling and disabling the routing from parent folder (or whatever that tick box says in the master I/o options for that top track) but no change.

EVEN so.... when I do not nest the folders (in my 2nd prob) and I do not add the synth (from prob#1) the plugins are beginning to act funky and remove themselves under other conditions. They are all proper software titles.
staticmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
karbomusic

Quote:
I thought the wacky behavior of Amplitube and GuitarRig disappearing may have been caused by an install of IK Multimedia's CSR...but have since removed it and was not the problem.
Here's what happens:
I start a new project. Add an audio track. Add Amplitube and select a patch. It works fine. Add another channel, stack some guitar parts and still fine. Add a virtual instrument track (say.... Alchemy synth). Keep in mind I unarm channels while doin this...... and when I go back to hear my guitar tracks the plugins have been removed and replaced by some weird little window with sliders.
Something is wrong; the above isn't normal.

My money goes on IK but that's just me since so many people have strange issues with IK (some don't). All my Kontact/NI stuff and other major VSTs work without issue. The sudden change to sliders is typically a problem with the VST itself being buggy or some other reason its running properly is impeded if I remember correctly.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
DarkStar

Sliders? Click the [UI] button in top-right corner of the plug-in.

Top track to folder? The top track is the one with EZDrummer on it, isn't it? Do NOT make that into a folder.

Plug-ins removing themselves. Never happened here.

-----------
Can you recall what changed before "it began doing crazy things"
Old 10-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #4
ObiK

Our support is always available for 1 on 1 help with your set up.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
staticmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Something is wrong; the above isn't normal.

My money goes on IK but that's just me since so many people have strange issues with IK (some don't). All my Kontact/NI stuff and other major VSTs work without issue. The sudden change to sliders is typically a problem with the VST itself being buggy or some other reason its running properly is impeded if I remember correctly.
The sliders aren't changing- A little box shows up that contains sliders.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
staticmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post

Top track to folder? The top track is the one with EZDrummer on it, isn't it? Do NOT make that into a folder.

-----------
I think it may have been the install of IK's "CSR". The other thing was I updated a few of IK's stuff and things got very nasty and no patches AT ALL showed up in amplitube. Kept saying "this cabinet isn't available" and so on. SO.... I rolled erything back to where it was (Would'a been nice to have all the updates but I'll deal with it). I thought everything was fine until this. I only recently started adding synths so I'm not sure if the problem existed before the update episode. So basically I add a synth and it's kicking amplitube out of the above tracks (they're are not nested or connected in any way.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
staticmaker

I found some articles about win7 needing C++ runtime for .NET 2003. I have this. I almost reinstalled it but... you I had 2nd thoughts. I still may try it. I'd tried to find out if only certain versions ofc "IK's stuff requires the C++ runtime for .NET 2003 but can't find out. I just removed IK's CSR (and that really sucks because I like them on my drums) and in a minute I"ll fire REAPER back up and see what happens..
Old 10-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
JHA

What Amplitube you have? Windows 7 64-bit, no .net 2003 and the oldest C++ is 2005. Amplitube Custom Shop and T-RackS CS work here.
JHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
staticmaker

Default sliders in wrong place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post

-----------
I got this understood. thamnks guys.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
staticmaker

Default STACKING GUITARS WITH AMPLITUBE IN REAPE R

I"VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR MONTHS AND CANT FIND THE ANSWER T THIS. I WANT TO STACK MY RHYTHM GUITARS IN REAPER USING AMPLITUBE. noWnOW, IT SEEMS OBVIOUS TO ME THAT FOR EACH GUITAR TRACK I'm GOING TO RECORD, I DON'T WANMT TO BE INSERTING ANOTHER INSTANMCE OF aMPLITUIBE INTO ANOTHER CHANNEL. I THINK TAHT SOMEHOW I"M, SUPPOSED TO USE IT ONCE ON ONE TRACK AND THEN FOR THE NEXT TRACK, USE THE FIRST IMNSTAMNCE OF AMPLITUBE INSTEAD OFPUTTING ANOTHER AMPLITUBE INSERT INTO EACH RHYTHM TRACK. cAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS? in O THER WORDS, I think, IN THE END (oops....caps) that I should have 4 guitar tracks (all identical). Bus them all to a stereo pair. Now at this point I should remove any amplitube plugins if there are any. Now I think I should insert amplitube into the stereo track that I route all the guitar tracks to. Therefore, all tracks are only affected one time through a single instance of amplitube. Understand? Otherwise, I'd end up with 4 tracks of guitars with each having its own instance of amplitube running and this doesn't seem right because if each of thos instances of amplitube have a little verb or delay in them, it will cause four tracks of disgusting noise. I want them to be clean (even though there's a little distortion on them. Each channel is set identically. I hope I'm getting this across for yo to understand. . This way, I can add little fx nuances on only one instance of amplitube thus affecting all tracks of guitars at one time. My email address is staticmaker@gmail.com if you can let me know how to do this. I"ll trade you back with some help from my little bag of tricks for hwelping me out. Thank
Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
BobF

So bounce/freeze, drag the clip to an empty track and record the next on the original track.
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #12
staticmaker

Default I figured it out

1- All I had to do was hit the 'UI' button to display my amplitube tracks

2- I needed to create an ADDITIONAL folder (as a 'parent' folder') then drag EZX into that.

DUH

now Im cranking out amazing product!!!

however... I still have a nasty wiz whine buzz (like the sound if you were to plug a cord into an amp and touch the other end with your finger) goin on in my left speaker. its plugin related. something I installed caused it and even after uninstall everything and reinstall, its still there. it doesn't show up in recordings anywhere.....just the damn left speaker. believe me when I say its nothing basic or obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticmaker View Post
You know, I was skeptical, at first, about Reaper. Been using it for about a month and I was just starting to love it when suddenly it began doing crazy things to my VST's and channels/tracks. I was even ready to send them an email telling them how amazed I haven't even found one mistake in their user manual yet- and how well it was written. very good. I just wish the damn software was more reliable.

Here's what happens:

Here's another prob:
I add virtual instrument DFH /Ez Drummer. I set it up as multi channel by saying "yes" to routing different drum mics to cooresponding inputs then go to EZD and select "multichannel" from EZD's mixer area. All is fine. I add some verb to the snare and toms.....Sounds amazing! NOW If I understand correctly, if I tell the top folder to become parent folder (which is the master to EZD), I can neatly "nest" all the other drum channels below- making my workspace much cleaner (and I don't need to see all the drum channels anymore anyway). HOWEVER....... the moment I do this all the drums cease working. I can still se the input meter registering sound but it will not come thru the speakers. I tried enabling and disabling the routing from parent folder (or whatever that tick box says in the master I/o options for that top track) but no change.

EVEN so.... when I do not nest the folders (in my 2nd prob) and I do not add the synth (from prob#1) the plugins are beginning to act funky and remove themselves under other conditions. They are all proper software titles.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #13
ivansc

Ground fault on that speaker?

If it isn't showing up in recordings, it is getting into your signal chain AFTER your master out.

(grin) Are we having fun yet?
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #14
thequietroom

Sure you aren't just living up to your forum name?

kidding. I hope you get it sorted soon
thequietroom is offline   Reply With Quote