Old 06-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
XITE-1/4LIVE
Human being with feelings

Default Possiblities...?

I have been really enjoying customizing themes, menu sets and toolbars.
I have a few wishes I hope can be achieved still.
Below is a jpeg. of the way I create a composition. I first install the meter changes, tempo envelope. And make sure I can just start recording so that all tempo changes, and inserted measures of different meters are complete. Once I start doing music, I do not want to have change the arragement.

I really want to have all black backgrounds, and remove the whole idea of a box ( toolbar ) where the icons reside, I want to see only the symbols or text with selected bright colors. Perhaps the png. can be all black with white image, so any color chosen can shine through.??

I can't seem to alter the Gray color behind the main toolbar, which is buried by the arrange window, but when dragging the arrange window right and exposing the tracks, I would like those toolbar icons showing without edges, and also the the various track parameters, buttons and names
also without the geographic edges.

Even the top of the main window I want all black, and if I could just leave the Reaper logo and get rid of the text like which version, non business license, and ASIO settings. I know what these values and versions are already and do not need a reminder.

In other words, a clean black slate, similar to those giant 8 foot by 8 foot touch screens you'd see in an NSA office.
They latch onto an image and drag it the center, and even throw it off of the screen.

I just want to eliminate the shapes and see only images or text....

If this is a complicated procedure, I will pay in advance as I need to feel comfortable and get going with the music and MIDI automations.

I can understand the geographic rectangle for the transport bar. But it would be so cool to have the buttons arranged side by side, just hide the shape with all black....

Name your price.....

Ankyuvarymush

Last edited by XITE-1/4LIVE; 06-30-2011 at 12:18 PM.
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're after, but I think your toolbar stuff sounds do-able. Could you explain a bit more?

Oh, and press F11
Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks So Much WT.
I work in dark rooms where Lights cause glare, etc. WHen I come I come home at 3 am after gigs, I just stay up and program/practice until My boy gets up at 0630 Hours.
So it's lights off for me everywhere, and since I am in Vegas, someone pointed out I have been here too long, and they are correct, as the neon colors on black is something I feel very comfortable with.
I am attempting to convert from hardware to DAW, and we like Reaper because of it's precision playback.
I just completed my first arrangement, and will record MC automations into Reaper this weekend.

But the gray colors are really annoying in a dark room.
Below is a jpeg. and I'll explaing what I would love to pay someone to do, since I tried the SDK but it's so new to me, I'll have to pass.

Roman Numeral I points out the 3 remaining gray areas I cannot change to black. Transport controls, loop option, bpm, meter,etc.etc. everything, can have black backgrounds so only the text and symbol, using bright neon colors are visible.

Roman Numeral II is a wish of mine to use png. with bright colors and black backgrounds for all toolbars, so that only the text and symbols are visibile also.
I don't need dark/bright toggled features, so the 2 choices for colors during a toggle request may in fact be the same bright neon color.

I'd also like the very top gray area black. And it's really no biggie, but I will even upgrade to the Business license for the asking price(especially since I gig 6 nights a week and love the app ) but I'd really like to remove the unnecessary ASIO settings and other text. Maybe just have the text black, with a black background so it isn't visible. I really don't need to know what ASIO settings are, it seems redundant for what I need.

So I stricly want whoever is watching the lighting cues to have a screen with as little unimportant information as possible.

I will pay for these services and also share the theme publicly as I am sure there are many live performers here who know how hard it is to read an LCD with MC and 1000 watt PAR Lamps overhead.

Also, I never will need to have the TCP visible and just drag the arrange window left to hide it.
I will use it for editing and alterations and can always summon it.

Thanks So much...

Old 06-21-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
XITE-1/4LIVE

Is it possible maybe to have all toolbar icons black ( hidden )as I can easily memorize their placements, and then when clicking on them they light up and reveal the task...?
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
XITE-1/4LIVE

And here's another example of something I seem to be missing.
I have colored the track to be black, checked media item settings all in the hopes of having MIDI information white over black without grids, etc.
Can't seem to isolate this either.
Are there colors in RADO 4 that cannot be over-ridden maybe..?

My goal is to expose MIDI automation data. Each channel will have it's own color, the grid at the top of the arrange window is all that's needed.