Old 07-26-2017, 12:36 PM   #1
colonel_claypool
Human being with feelings

Default Switch between FX parameter values via Midi CC?

Hello,

I bought a midi footswitch and was wondering how I can configure an FX paramter to switch between two values when the footswitch is hit. For exammple, I`d like to compare the "ratio" control of ReaComp, e.g. 4:1 vs 8:1 by switching between those two parameter values when I step on the footswitch.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
colonel_claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
foxAsteria

Yes, if the switch outputs MIDI. If it's just a sustain pedal, it will be more difficult. Honestly this is probably not worth your time to set up.

For simple A/B comparisons I'd suggest using SWS snapshots instead, since you'll also need to compensate for the difference in volume, to get a useful comparison.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:24 AM   #3
colonel_claypool

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Yes, if the switch outputs MIDI. If it's just a sustain pedal, it will be more difficult. Honestly this is probably not worth your time to set up.

For simple A/B comparisons I'd suggest using SWS snapshots instead, since you'll also need to compensate for the difference in volume, to get a useful comparison.
Thanks for your answer. The footswitch is a Logidy UMI3. I also want to use it for switching settings on guitar VST plugins, e.g. the gain-knob.

If haven't used SWS Snapshots much but I seem to recall that switching back and forth between snapshots was not instantaneous. This might be problematic when switching during a song playback.

Is there a better approach to this?

Thanks.
colonel_claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 05:11 AM   #4
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Hello
Hello
Hello,
This should be fine todo- the thing with switches is as you know your just getting 2 states-on<>off-- so if you can find a jsfx like witti's control linker-offset the scaling by your degrees-probably will work but not tried with footswitch yet.
It's really nice n easy todo switches with a spare midi keyboard.Lots can be set up per channel.=)
Another way is to clone your fx on another track and use the switcher to select either track.

Last edited by Bri1; 07-27-2017 at 05:14 AM. Reason: 1Xtra.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote