Old 06-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
ajs
Human being with feelings

Default Loop-record for MIDI

I'm looking for the best way to build a drum loop by playing it on a MIDI controller one note at a time, the way a DJ would set up a loop using a drumpad, for instance.

The idea is to loop a few bars while recording, so that every note you press gets added to the existing MIDI information, and you can hear that hit along with the others are you create your pattern.

I tried this in Reaper, but each time it loop, it seemed to actually create a new MIDI file, which isn't very elegant for this sort of thing.

Any suggestions on a better way to do this?

-a
ajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:41 AM   #2
ajs

is this one of the new features? i've been out of town so i can't try it for a few days. i didn't see it listed in the new features, but i'd guess it was added if all those others are. can anyone confirm?

-a
ajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
alex zonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs

I tried this in Reaper, but each time it loop, it seemed to actually create a new MIDI file, which isn't very elegant for this sort of thing.

Any suggestions on a better way to do this?

-a
ajs, be sure so select 'Record: channel MIDI output' (after pressing the REC button) and try it again. Added MIDI events should merge with the existing ones (on a track) in a single new MIDI file. Here it works
alex zonder is offline   Reply With Quote