Old 11-12-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
devilsgirth
Human being with feelings

Default Rewire gone

So on my MacBook Pro I upgraded to Catalina which is apparently all 64 bit now, and I installed the latest 64 bit version of Reaper. I just recently bought Reason 11 and am trying to rewire it but in Reaper there is no “Rewire” option under the plugin FX anymore. I tried preferences -> clear cache/rescan but nothing. Does anyone have any ideas how to get rewire back? I used to use it no problem with Reason 6 and the IOS before Mojave.
devilsgirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #2
themixtape

Rewire is gone as of Reason 11. The last supported version of Reason with Rewire support was version 10 (Standard, or Suite, but not Intro).

Pretty disappointing. You might want to downgrade, or only use Reason 11 as a plugin, if you want to keep both installed on your computer.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/faq

Scroll down a little bit where it says "Can you Rewire Reason 11..."
Old 11-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
nait

They do mention in there that you can keep a previous version of Reason installed alongside 11.. so maybe that's another answer? If you can install 10 or earlier, in addition to 11.

That sucks they dumped ReWire though, but maybe the VST version will be better in the long run, as they update it, and will make ReWire somewhat unnecessary. I have done ReWire before (funny enough, like you, with version 6), and that worked OK.. but I think being able to drop the Reason instruments in any DAW would be a lot preferred.. then just use Reaper (or DAW of choice) for everything else.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Greg Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsgirth View Post
So on my MacBook Pro I upgraded to Catalina which is apparently all 64 bit now, and I installed the latest 64 bit version of Reaper. I just recently bought Reason 11 and am trying to rewire it but in Reaper there is no “Rewire” option under the plugin FX anymore. I tried preferences -> clear cache/rescan but nothing. Does anyone have any ideas how to get rewire back? I used to use it no problem with Reason 6 and the IOS before Mojave.
They also removed the midi out feature which is a bummer. They take Rewire (which had it) and give you a VST to make things easier and use less resources but strip midi out. smh
Greg Savage is offline   Reply With Quote