Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 04-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #41
Smiechu
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Is it possible that something was missed and Reaper is using the built in version which is limited in functionality and won't observe the INI?
This is my ques.
I've tried to place the ini file in other places with no success.
I've launched clean version of Reaper on my wife's profile (my path to resource folder contains some special signs, my wife's not), also without success.

I will try later on my other computer where a DE language version of windows is installed, I run a PL language version.
Smiechu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #42
kenm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiechu View Post
This is my ques.
I've tried to place the ini file in other places with no success.
I've launched clean version of Reaper on my wife's profile (my path to resource folder contains some special signs, my wife's not), also without success.

I will try later on my other computer where a DE language version of windows is installed, I run a PL language version.
Hi Smiechu,

I too struggled with this for a while. In the end placing the .INI file in the "Resources" directory and placing the .DLL files in the "Resources"\UserPlugins is what got it working for me. I did have some issue with actions but that sorted itself out when I installed the latest SWS extensions.

I have the .INI file located in: C:\Users\ken\AppData\Roaming\REAPER and the .DLL files located in C:\Users\ken\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins and it is working.

Another thing to be careful with and that is syntax errors in the .INI file. I had a typo in the file at one point and the customization didn't work at all. I've never tried it but I wonder if tabs vs. spaces in the file could cause issues?

Hope this helps,
Ken
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #43
Smiechu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
I have the .INI file located in: C:\Users\ken\AppData\Roaming\REAPER and the .DLL files located in C:\Users\ken\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins and it is working.
Thanks!!! That worked!!! but I'm still half way there...
As I expected the problem is caused by a diacritic sign in the path of the reaper resource folder. My wife's profile has no diacritic sign in the path and everything works on her profile.

Now i need to find a way to change the path of my user folder, if it's even possible.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #44
kenm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiechu View Post
Thanks!!! That worked!!! but I'm still half way there...
As I expected the problem is caused by a diacritic sign in the path of the reaper resource folder. My wife's profile has no diacritic sign in the path and everything works on her profile.

Now i need to find a way to change the path of my user folder, if it's even possible.
You can get around this by specifying a "portable install" during installation so Reaper keeps all of its bits together relative to the installation directory. You can even re-install Reaper to a portable location on a system that already has Reaper installed without affecting the existing setup.

Edit: For a portable installation the .INI file would go in the root install directory (C:\Reaper) and the .DLLs would go into UserPlugins directory just off of the install directory (C:\Reaper\UserPlugins).

Hope this helps,
Ken

Last edited by kenm; 04-12-2018 at 03:29 PM.
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #45
Smiechu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenm View Post
You can get around this by specifying a "portable install" during installation so Reaper keeps all of its bits together relative to the installation directory. You can even re-install Reaper to a portable location on a system that already has Reaper installed without affecting the existing setup.

Edit: For a portable installation the .INI file would go in the root install directory (C:\Reaper) and the .DLLs would go into UserPlugins directory just off of the install directory (C:\Reaper\UserPlugins).

Hope this helps,
Ken
Yeah! This could also work... not a bad idea!
But I already managed to change the user folder name, and the issue is solved! Thanks for help!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:57 AM   #46
Alleyoop

I haven't been using Faderport very long. The 'Off' button in Fader Mode doesn't work for me, doesn't latch, doesn't light up, doesn't disengage the Fader. Read, Write, Touch work fine.
Anyone able to help with that?
Alleyoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:47 PM   #47
Dyl

I'm new to Faderport and thanks to the Reaper forum I now have a functional Faderport. However, I've had much reading and learning to do for something that should have been a "plug in and go" piece of kit.
Presonus linked me to the Nimaj Faderport XT forum thread but that isn't easy to understand for someone like me.
I'm not clued up on .ini files, SWS, or any of the code discussed.
I just want an easy guide to start up my faderport.
I see other people discussing the same issues I've had.
Is someone working with Presonus on an "easy" start up guide?
I contacted Presonus but they don't seem that bothered that I'm finding it hard to understand the details of these forums.
Dyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #48
tompad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleyoop View Post
I haven't been using Faderport very long. The 'Off' button in Fader Mode doesn't work for me, doesn't latch, doesn't light up, doesn't disengage the Fader. Read, Write, Touch work fine.
Anyone able to help with that?
Is the OFF-button connected to an action in the .ini?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #49
themixtape

Extremely impressed, as I just found this thread.

Seemingly, can you customize every single button and function, via Reaper Actions? What about a Reaper Custom Action? If it has a legit ID#, can this be done?

Such as...

1. The pan encoder as a jog wheel (by measure)?
2. The fader, with midi feedback (without enabling it as a control surface in Reaper)?Or does this extension/plugin not allow the fader as track volume (motorized)?
3. Do the shift+ buttons work as a separate action? God, I'd love to have shift+, for more functions from a tiny little unit!
4. Does this possibly work with Faderport V2?
5. Does anyone have a list of what specific CC# is sent by the Faderport's buttons, fader, and pan encoder? Even if the assignments are fixed, I'd love to know what they're assigned to.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #50
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Extremely impressed, as I just found this thread.
It's really amazing how many different (and demanding) attempts have been made to create extensions for Reaper to allow for certain dedicated or just a bunch of Control Surfaces, and some dedicated kinds of workflow with same.

Happily the comprehensively customizable extension is rapidly growing into maturity. (And a dedicated forum for discussions on Control Surfaces has been established.)

So I happily wait some more time before trying to put my controller(s) in use, and keep on watching, commenting and testing.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-07-2019 at 11:31 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:14 AM   #51
ThanatoSchizO

First post here!

Hello everyone. I've been reading tons of stuff in the forum about how to customize some extra Faderport actions through the scripts Karbomusic, The_Nimaj and amagalma have created/perfected.

I bought Faderport v2 last week and I can say I have some above average computer skills. However I'm going crazy because I can't make the scripts work in Reaper:

reaper_csurf_fpxt64 is in C:\Users\Guilhermino\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPl ugins

reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini is in C:\Users\Guilhermino\AppData\Roaming\REAPER
(and I already tried it inside UserPlugins too)

On Reaper's preferences\control Surfaces I have it on PreSonus FaderPort XT and the Midi in and out are Presonus FP2.

...And it won't work! The only way to make it alive is to choose Mackie Control Universal as the Control Suface mode. But this allows me to work only with a very limited set of movements/actions (the default ones, with 0 customization).

I have:
Win7 Ultimate, SP1
Reaper 5.974 (x64)
Faderport v2

I appreciate any help/suggestions you can give me.

Cheers guys!
ThanatoSchizO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:06 AM   #52
Regisfofo

This driver is not compatible with faderport v2, only the classic one. If stock driver don't do what you want, csi will probably do, I think...
There is a thread in the control surface subforum about it
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:54 AM   #53
amagalma

2020 Update (sort of)

Instead of PAN_MODE=3 you can use PAN_MODE=2 and assign the following improved actions from Reapack:
- amagalma_Float centered exclusively the next FX for the current track
- amagalma_Float centered exclusively the previous FX for the current track
Old 05-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #54
DutchDoctor

Hey everyone, I've just come back to my Faderport after a few years and checked in on the development of this plugin. Someone finally figured out FX paramater automation! So happy. What a complete package now.

For those of you who are still having trouble getting the newer features to work such as FX automation, or getting the INI to even register properly... You probably made the same mistake I did.

reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini goes into the resources folder for reaper. (For me it's the root directory.)

reaper_csurf_fpxt64.dll goes into the "UserPlugins" folder.

They must be seperate.
Hope this helps.
DutchDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 06:30 AM   #55
MikeKravets

Default Momentary mode for footswitch

Hi ! Is there some way to make footswitch work in momentary mode ? I want to bind it with unmute one track for listen back. Regards !
MikeKravets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 02:16 PM   #56
A.jenkins

On custom firmware, pressing and holding shift+bank at the same time does nothing, and the controller does not go into fx mode to control effects parameters. The ini file contains all the necessary settings. Who knows what could be the problem? Can anyone come across?
A.jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 04:03 PM   #57
MikeKravets

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.jenkins View Post
On custom firmware, pressing and holding shift+bank at the same time does nothing, and the controller does not go into fx mode to control effects parameters. The ini file contains all the necessary settings. Who knows what could be the problem? Can anyone come across?
Do you have plugins on selected track before pressing shift+bank ?
MikeKravets is offline   Reply With Quote