Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old Yesterday, 04:56 AM   #1
mindlessgenius
Human being with feelings

Default CLAP host bpm problem - looking for plugin to cross-check

I just realised that when I activate sync in the Linux Studio Plugins Slapback Delay, the CLAP version always shows 120bpm, no matter what the project default tempo is or if I change it via marker/tempo map.
The LV2 version however works fine.

Does anybody know of a Linux-native CLAP plugin from not LSP that reports host bpm back in its UI, so I can test on which end the bug is (host or plugin)?

Last edited by mindlessgenius; Yesterday at 05:13 AM.
mindlessgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM   #2
elcalen

I can think of some plugins that sync with the host bpm, but I can't immediately think of one that would actually display the bpm, so testing would have to rely on hearing... Odin 2, for instance, is a free synth that has an arpeggiator and delay that can sync with host. (I only have the vst3 version currently installed, so can't easily test that.)

I suspect this might an issue with LSP, though. I've been using the CLAP version of U-he's Diva, for instance, which also has a synced arpeggiator, and I haven't noticed issues. I just did a very quick test, and the arp's speed definitely responds to changing the project bpm.

Edit: TAL Filter 2 is another plugin I use a lot which relies on host tempo sync, and I've never had sync issues with the CLAP version.

Last edited by elcalen; Yesterday at 07:46 AM.
elcalen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #3
mindlessgenius

Thanks, I have Odin2 for a while now and did some listening tests with it and some other plugins.
So far it seems a problem with LSP.
mindlessgenius is offline   Reply With Quote