Old 11-02-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
tomphil
Human being with feelings

Default ezdrummer

I just purchased EZdrummer 2. I does not show up as virtual instrument. I have scaned and rescanned, copied the path etc. It shows up in the path but not as an add on. I hope I am asking this question correctly. Just need some help. Thanks
tomphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:37 AM   #2
ivansc

Hello and welcome to the forums! If you didnt already, download and check out the free User Guide and the free video tutorials both at Reaper.fm.

To you rquestion:

Did you use the Toontrack Product manager to install EZD2 as indicated by Toontrack?

Assuming you did, it should be showing up as C:\Program Files\VSTplugins\Toontrack\ EZDrummer.dll and you should also have a straight C:\Program Files\Toontrack\ folder for all the odds & sods.

So go look and make sure the .dll is where I said & then try doing a "clear\rescan" in Reaper`s options/preferences/VST menu.

Let us know if EZD still isnt showing up.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:24 AM   #3
tomphil

Default .dll

I did use Toontrack installer. I think it shows up as you said except there is no .dll after ezdrummer (in the path at the top, it shows up in the list under the path at top). can I just type it at the end, or do I need to reinstall or do something different. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:40 AM   #4
dug dog

Re: .dll

It may be the case that your operating system is set in such a manner that it doesn't show file extensions and, therefore, no need to change the file name at this point.

Have you told Reaper where to look for this EZDrummer file? You do that in Options>Preferences>VST. You may need to add the path to the EZD plug in so that Reaper can find it.
dug dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
tomphil

I have tried that but I am not sure I am doing it correctly. I will try again to ad path. Thanks for the help. Tommy
Old 11-07-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
tomphil

Default ez drummer and reaper

Does anyone have any other options, Reaper is not seeing ezdrummer as an add on. I have tried copying the path to the VST plugin paths in preferences\options. I have rescanned and tried typing the path in the vst path in preferences\options. I have tried both ways several times. Any suggestions and help greatly appreciated. Tommy
Old 11-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #7
TheMaartian

Just to check...has EZDrummer been activated via the Toontrack Product Manager?
TheMaartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:56 AM   #8
dug dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomphil View Post
I have rescanned and tried typing the path in the vst path in preferences\options. I have tried both ways several times.
It may be that you've not followed the correct procedure. There's a section in the manual called Enabling VST Plugins that you should take a look at if you haven't already.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:46 PM   #9
tomphil

Thanks, I am pretty sure I did it correctly but I will take a look at the procedure in the Manual (I assume the Reaper Manual). I saw a response on another forum that I need to be signed on as administrator, for Reaper to pick it up. Any thought on this and if so how do I make sure I am signed on as administrator on Reaper. Thanks in advance for the help. Tommy
Old 11-09-2018, 12:40 AM   #10
ivansc

Open toontrack product manager.
Make sure EZD is showing in My products as installed.
Go to the entry for EZD and click on the Show Details button & it should show you in the drop-down all the info you need, including what you have downloaded what you have installed & what you have authorised.

At least that will give you some solid information on what you have actually done in the TT product Manager & then we can start looking at your Reaper install.
Presumably you have other vst and vsti that you installed that are showing fine?

Oh and you don`t need to be running as Admin for this to work.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:09 AM   #11
tomphil

Toon Track product manager is showing EZD installed authorized and ready to use. FYI, I do not have any other plugins installed (just the ones that came in reaper). EZD is the first one I have tried to install. When I go to Reaper Options/pref to the VST plugin path EZD show up at the end of the path but there is no .dll on the end of ezd path. Thanks for your help any other suggestions appreciated.

Last edited by tomphil; 11-10-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #12
dug dog

Hey Tom:

Did you check the Reaper manual instructions for adding VST?
Old 11-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #13
solger

Quote:
When I go to Reaper Options/pref to the VST plugin path EZD show up at the end of the path but there is no .dll on the end of ezd path. Thanks for your help any other suggestions appreciated.
Just to clarify:

- Have you already tried doing a [Clear cache/rescan] (instead of a 'normal' [Rescan]), as ivansc suggested in post #2?
- What operating system (Windows, macOS, linux) are you using?
- And can you please copy & paste the whole VST plugin path (currently shown in Reaper's preferences) here?

EDIT: in case you're using Windows, this video might be helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXRpl5tX9wg

Last edited by solger; 11-10-2018 at 09:59 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:39 AM   #14
ivansc

Just a thought: I know it is obvious to all of us and probably you too, but you ARE trying to add EZD to an existing track in a project, arent you?
Also, have you tried using the standalone version which is installed at the same time as the plugins?

Assuming you are on Win10 or similar, if you do have the standalone installed correctly, you should be able to open it by left clicking on the Windowes icon on your desktop, then scrolling down to "Toontrack" & opening that folder.

Within it you should find EZDrummer (64bit) as an option.
Click on it and EZD should open oin your desktop.

If it doesnt or you cant find any of this, you have not installed EZD correctly.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #15
tomphil

I found and tried the you tube video first, that did not work. I have tried clear/cache and rescan several times, I am using Windows 10. Toontrack product manager says ezdrummer installed and ready to use. The standalone works fine. I am trying to create a drum track and move it to reaper to build a song. I can build in ezdrummer but can't drag it to a reaper track. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the vst path from reaper

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3;C C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack;C C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\Ezdrummer

Thanks for everyones help, but I am still looking for a solution.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:29 PM   #16
bigearz

Just bringing up some other possible things to check.

I don't have EZD2, but with EZD1 I remember that the name of the plugin was not the expected name.

Also, I've had issues in the past with a plugin that had an issue installing correctly the first time and had gotten on Reaper's blacklist. I had to dig around in the Reaper data directory and delete an ini file in order for Reaper to re-scan correctly.
bigearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #17
ivansc

Quote:
Here is the vst path from reaper

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3; *C* C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack; *C* C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\Ezdrummer

Thanks for everyones help, but I am still looking for a solution.

If that really IS your plugin paths you need to remove the two extra letter Cs that I have surrounded with asterisks (*) in your response and below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins;C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3; *C* C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Toontrack; *C* C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\Ezdrummer

Next thing to look for is WHERE the EZDrummer .dll file is located & make sure you are scanning that location.

On my computers I have two locations in C:\ Program Files. One is a folder called Toontrack, which has the stand alone executable version in it, the other is another Toontrack folder but this one inside the C:\Program Files\vstplugins\ folder & it contains the EZdrummer.ddl file, which is the actual plugin.

Needless to say there is another folder on one of my other drives containing all the actual drum and cymbal sample files, although this will of course be somewhere in your C:\ drive if you allowed a stock installation.

Last edited by ivansc; 11-12-2018 at 03:40 PM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #18
tomphil

Solved, Thanks to all that helped, I took out the two Cs that IVANSC suggested, rescanned and it worked. Now on to making music. Have a great day all that helped.tomphil