Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
jscomposer
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI editor bugs? (SOLVED)

I can't seem to drag select multiple midi notes. I've tried all mod keys. I also tried "midi editor mouse modifiers," but I can't access any context menus. If I double click on the list, a context menu appears for a split second and disappears. (If I 2-finger-tap or control-click, nothing happens.)

OS 10.12.5

Last edited by jscomposer; 07-07-2017 at 08:31 PM.
jscomposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
solger

In case these notes are on different MIDI channels, make sure you have [All channels] selected at the bottom right corner of the MIDI editor.

Otherwise can you please post a screenshot or attach a little .RPP project so we can have a closer look at this: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=140670
And which list do you mean, exactly?
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
jscomposer

The forum's limit on size makes taking a screenshot impractical. You'd need a magnifying glass.

I sort of followed this post: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/7539220-post5.html

I go into preferences > editing behavior > mouse modifiers, context "midi editor." The problem (I think) is that there's no "right drag" on Mac. That'd be control+drag. And double-clicking on the behaviors makes the menu pop up for only a split second, so I can't change anything. That's gotta be a bug.

Maybe I should just ask: how do you drag-select multiple midi notes on Mac?
Old 07-07-2017, 06:50 PM   #4
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
The forum's limit on size makes taking a screenshot impractical. You'd need a magnifying glass.

I sort of followed this post: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/7539220-post5.html

I go into preferences > editing behavior > mouse modifiers, context "midi editor." The problem (I think) is that there's no "right drag" on Mac. That'd be control+drag. And double-clicking on the behaviors makes the menu pop up for only a split second, so I can't change anything. That's gotta be a bug.

Maybe I should just ask: how do you drag-select multiple midi notes on Mac?
What mouse are you using?

If it's a Magic Mouse then you can turn right click on in system preferences. I use right-click drag to select multiple items in the midi editor.

Not sure what you mean about double-clicking behaviours.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 07:11 PM   #5
jscomposer

Sorry, should've mentioned I'm not using a mouse. Only trackpad.

But good news, I figured it out! I had to go into preferences > mouse and check "control+left click emulates right click."

I also figured out the "bug" in the mod key window. Double clicking fast like I normally do makes the menu pop up for a split second. Double click slow, and it pops up and stays up so I can change mod key behaviors.

Old 07-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #6
Judders

All's well that ends well!

You can change mouse behaviour to pretty much whatever you want in REAPER, which is nice.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote