Old 11-25-2023, 08:27 AM   #1
philwrightsound
Human being with feelings

Default Integrated Dolby Atmos

Hi Everyone,
I've been using Reaper with Dolby Atmos now for 2 1/2 years. I use the Dolby Renderer with the Dolby Audio Bridge and it's seemless and I've done some really big studio and live projects using Atmos.
My question is - by using the renderer and bridge, I'm having to render in realtime. Given that ADM is an open model and Dolby want as many people creating content as possible when will Reaper be catching up with the other DAW manufacturers and offering native ADM renders offline within Reaper?
I've loved the fact that from day 1 I could use 128 objects with LTC on 129 using the bridge, which was a larger channel count than many DAWs (including PT to begin with), but the realtime render occasionally causes me issues with time, and I'm just wondering when Reaper will address this?
Ignoring Avid PT,...... Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Resolve, Pyramix, even PreSonus Studio One (6.5) have the integration, so the last two DAWs I'd consider professional tools are Ableton and Reaper. Who's coming in last?
philwrightsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
Gass n Klang

yes, much needed.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:21 PM   #3
Gass n Klang

pro tools got an integrated atmos renderer with the new 2023.12 update
Old 12-12-2023, 10:10 PM   #4
plush2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
pro tools got an integrated atmos renderer with the new 2023.12 update
Yes, and for studio and ultimate...I guess I have to eat my hat on that one.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:49 AM   #5
Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by philwrightsound View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've been using Reaper with Dolby Atmos now for 2 1/2 years. I use the Dolby Renderer with the Dolby Audio Bridge and it's seemless and I've done some really big studio and live projects using Atmos.
My question is - by using the renderer and bridge, I'm having to render in realtime. Given that ADM is an open model and Dolby want as many people creating content as possible when will Reaper be catching up with the other DAW manufacturers and offering native ADM renders offline within Reaper?
I've loved the fact that from day 1 I could use 128 objects with LTC on 129 using the bridge, which was a larger channel count than many DAWs (including PT to begin with), but the realtime render occasionally causes me issues with time, and I'm just wondering when Reaper will address this?
Ignoring Avid PT,...... Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Resolve, Pyramix, even PreSonus Studio One (6.5) have the integration, so the last two DAWs I'd consider professional tools are Ableton and Reaper. Who's coming in last?
Yes we are waiting...so long before the light is coming
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 03:04 AM   #6
jm duchenne

An interesting video from AudioBrewers to compare Dolby Atmos production in six DAWs.
The good part is that Fiedler Audio's Dolby Atmos Composer plugin is always better than integrated Atmos renderer, so Reaper is already in the top rank ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0r_52cpgqY
Old 01-04-2024, 03:09 AM   #7
Berg

Hi JM ! Best wishes !
Dealing now with Fiedler integration, it’s very valuable, working on some bugs, and
metadata adjustments !

Last edited by Berg; 01-04-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 05:42 AM   #8
ScuzzyEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm duchenne View Post
The good part is that Fiedler Audio's Dolby Atmos Composer plugin is always better than integrated Atmos renderer, so Reaper is already in the top rank ;-)
I had been watching lots of videos of people using Logic, and other DAWs. I only had Fiedler's Atmos Composer. Other than the no post-fader inserts, I felt like everything doing in Reaper was more flexible. I just got the 6.5 update to Studio One, and tried working with it for a bit. I still felt more limited there, than with Reaper + Fiedler.
ScuzzyEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:42 AM   #9
drichard

I agree completely about post-fader inserts. Because of licensing, Reaper will probably never have its own native Atmos integration, and Fiedler might be the only solution. But post-fader inserts would make it everything I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuzzyEye View Post
I had been watching lots of videos of people using Logic, and other DAWs. I only had Fiedler's Atmos Composer. Other than the no post-fader inserts, I felt like everything doing in Reaper was more flexible. I just got the 6.5 update to Studio One, and tried working with it for a bit. I still felt more limited there, than with Reaper + Fiedler.
drichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:16 AM   #10
jm duchenne

This news has already spread in other posts, but the Essential version of Fiedler Dolby Atmos Composer is now free!
So it could mean that Atmos can be everywhere, thus why not in Reaper, OR that it doesn't have anymore to be integrated since it is already free to use...
https://fiedler-audio.com/dolby-atmo...ser-essential/