Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
sodium
Human being with feelings

Default AAARGH! I shot myself in the foo...Help me please! !

...and believe me, foos hurt..

Hi all,

I recently ran out of room on my hard drive and moved my REAPER Media folder to a new drive. To do this I physically copied the entire folder which contained many many sub folders of separate songs/projects, all with their own individual sub-folders of media for each project.

Now of course I can open Reaper just fine but all the track items come up as being "OFFLINE" and upon loading I receive this message:

----
"There were 253 media items in the project that were of a type that require an extension plug-in (the instance that saved the project had the extension plug-in).

There were 1 files in 1 places in the project that are in an off-line state, reload the project once the files are available. Note that saving the project is OK, the filenames should be preserved.

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired...etc."

----

I have searched everywhere to find a way to re-import the tracks or to marry the wav files with their respective songs but I cannot for the life of me find a command to achieve this.

Surely there must be a way of doing this by telling reaper to look in the new directory but I am not sure how to achieve this result.

I am slightly embarrassed to post such a blatantly " dumb newbie" question as whilst I'm relatively new to Reaper(a few years), I have been using Cubase since its inception as Steinberg Pro16, so I think of myself as a relatively savvy DAW user. Well...that was until today.....

Any and all help will be very very VERY much appreciated.

Thank you, thank you thank you in advance
nick andrews

Last edited by sodium; 12-09-2013 at 11:47 PM.
sodium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodium View Post
There were 253 media items in the project that were of a type that require an extension plug-in (the instance that saved the project had the extension plug-in).
Any chance that your current Reaper install is actually missing an extension plugin you had when you originally saved your files? If you cannot load in any wavs, you could check if you have all the necessary dlls in Reaper\Plugins folder, eg. the reaper_wave.dll, reaper_wavpack.dll etc.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
sodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Any chance that your current Reaper install is actually missing an extension plugin you had when you originally saved your files? If you cannot load in any wavs, you could check if you have all the necessary dlls in Reaper\Plugins folder, eg. the reaper_wave.dll, reaper_wavpack.dll etc.

ah okay, thank you xpander. I will have a look. the error message referencing a missing plug in sounded a bit odd to me, so that may be the thing. will get back to you as soon as I get a chance to check ( am out of studio right now). thank you
Old 12-10-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
sodium

xpander,

you nailed it. a quick re-install of the latest version of Reaper 64 and the load prompt came up with a "cant find wave file" message, which is way better than I was getting before. initiated a quick search, it found them all and now my tracks are happily full of many coloured waveforms!!

thanks you sir/madam!

cheers,
nick a.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:55 AM   #5
xpander

Oh you're welcome, good to hear you got it going.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:02 AM   #6
g8torcliff

Sodium....

I can really almost feel your sigh of relief when you saw those projects loading up again.....

cliff
g8torcliff is offline   Reply With Quote