CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Krillo
Human being with feelings

Default Buffer size OS X client?

Hi all,
I'm sorry if I'm "double posting" this, I also started a thread in the Reaper OS X section. My question is: How to set buffer size when using Ninjam client on Mac OS X 10.4? I'm guessing setting buffer size in OS X is different from PC and ASIO, and that it is set via menu in the software used, and not in the control panel for the soundcard (M-audio Audiophine 2496 PCI), but I can find no such menu. Help please

thanx
/Krillo
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
pljones

I don't know Mac but...

In the standalone NINJAM client, under "Options->Audio configuration", when that's set to "ASIO", you should have an "ASIO Configuration" button that takes you to your ASIO driver's panel for setting buffer sizes and such like.

For CoreAudio or whatever it's called, you may have the "Buffer [ ] x [ ] bytes (latency XXms)" on the Audio configuration panel.

---

For Reaper itself, click the right-hand end of the menu bar where it says your sample rate, channels, latency and driver. That'll pop up the Reaper audio configuration panel. From there, it's much as above - pick the audio system (ASIO, CoreAudio, whatever) then set the other bits.
pljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
Krillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljones View Post
I don't know Mac but...

In the standalone NINJAM client, under "Options->Audio configuration", when that's set to "ASIO", you should have an "ASIO Configuration" button that takes you to your ASIO driver's panel for setting buffer sizes and such like.

For CoreAudio or whatever it's called, you may have the "Buffer [ ] x [ ] bytes (latency XXms)" on the Audio configuration panel.

---

For Reaper itself, click the right-hand end of the menu bar where it says your sample rate, channels, latency and driver. That'll pop up the Reaper audio configuration panel. From there, it's much as above - pick the audio system (ASIO, CoreAudio, whatever) then set the other bits.
I will check it out tonight, try reaper demo too.
Krillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #4
mrelwood

In OSX the buffer size is determined by the software itself, not the audio device settings.

I suggest using the ReaNINJAM plugin instead, so you can control the buffer size from within Reaper.