Old 07-02-2022, 09:46 AM   #1
jo.joannes
Human being with feelings

Default Fixed (minimum) TCP width

Is there a way to set a fixed certain TCP width (not resizable by the mouse) or at least set a minimum width other than 0. I'd like it to be say 250 pixels wide and never narrower.

(An ideal world would be to completely disable the draggable border to the right of the TCP so I never accidentally grab it again.)
jo.joannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #2
ErBird

I wish there was a way to lock parts of the UI, but sadly it's not possible. I have the same issue with accidentally click+dragging the TCP width, MCP height and others.

Even accidentally dragging docker tabs out of the dock so I suddenly, for example, have a floating mixer.

TCP width is especially bad because your toolbar icons and TCP controls get hidden when the width is too narrow.

It's a bit of a buzzkill at times.
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:38 AM   #3
jo.joannes

I fiddled around the rtconfig and I found these lines like "tcp.size", "tcp.MinSize", even "tcp.width"... But I just couldn't wrap my mind around how they work.

By the way, I could easily "fix the very same issue" as far as heights are concerned by changing the following line to my desired values:
tcp_heights 0 61 61 61 ; supercollapsed, collapsed, small(norecarm), recarm size

And now my minimum track heights work like a breeze, always 61 pixels tall (except for when I do the complete fold, which makes the folded tracks disappear completely from view, which behavior I like).

Isn't there something similar for the TCP width in the rtconfig file?
jo.joannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:09 PM   #4
abnegative

even if you set a minimum TCP width, the panel still breaches the limit. i wish there was a way to disable resizing or at least set a minimum width.
abnegative is offline   Reply With Quote