Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
er1c
Human being with feelings

Default New user, and after search 2 questions.

Hello,

Comming from protools i'm new to Reaper but very, very impressed by this "little" software.

But i've two questions :

First is it possible for tracks with VSTi's to "auto-arm" the thru-playback by external midi controller when i just select the track ? And de-arm when it is not selected anymore ? This function is by default on sequencers like Protools and Cubase.

Second, is there a way to fix send values (example : i want to enter -21 with keypad for a send to a track) ? Actually volume track can be fixed by right click but i've not found the trick for sends.

Sorry if the solution is here in the forum, there is so much posts that i've not found it, an sorry for my english, i'm French.
er1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by er1c View Post
Hello,

Comming from protools i'm new to Reaper but very, very impressed by this "little" software.

But i've two questions :

First is it possible for tracks with VSTi's to "auto-arm" the thru-playback by external midi controller when i just select the track ? And de-arm when it is not selected anymore ? This function is by default on sequencers like Protools and Cubase.

Second, is there a way to fix send values (example : i want to enter -21 with keypad for a send to a track) ? Actually volume track can be fixed by right click but i've not found the trick for sends.

Sorry if the solution is here in the forum, there is so much posts that i've not found it, an sorry for my english, i'm French.
Hi, and welcome to the forums! Your english is better than my french and i am from Belgium so go figure ;-)

1st question: yes this is possible, but it is not on by default. You can do this per track by right-clicking the track meter and enabling 'Automatic record-arm when selected', or as a global setting in the track menu (set all tracks to automatic record-arm when selected)

2nd question: oddly enough that doesnt seem to be implemented, which is also find weird. Let me check the F/R list to see if it's already implemented. If not, I'll open up an F/R.

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:08 AM   #3
er1c

Hey Yves thanks ! as simple as a checkbox option. And thaks again for the second question. A F/R seems to be a "Feature Request" is'nt it ?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
yhertogh

Quote:
Originally Posted by er1c View Post
Hey Yves thanks ! as simple as a checkbox option. And thaks again for the second question. A F/R seems to be a "Feature Request" is'nt it ?
Yes, someone else already posted exactly the same request in the Feature Request forum.

Why dont you also post your support there, thereby bumping the thread?

Yves
yhertogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
er1c

Hey great idea it's done !

Thanks !