Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
ziflingus
Human being with feelings

Default TouchOSC for Android with Reaper

Hello,
Did anyone have any success using TouchOSC for Android with Reaper, and would like to tell about it?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
earlabs

Over here it's quite flaky. I bind the OSC sliders to Reaper via the action list but the result is quite disappointing. When I use the slider to control the volume of track 1 I get a half-ass result (meaning that the slider at Reaper moves only partially) and after that nothing whatever I try (rebinding, eg).

Because I have already set up an iPad connection I don't want to mess too much. I see that connecting more than 1 device via OSC via action binding leads to clean up work.

Perhaps it works better when someone builds a .reaperosc file specifically for this but the interface with Android is still too skinny. It's not possible to design personalized interfaces for Android devices and the current default stuff is definitely below par for decent use.

The best advice at the moment: go buy and iPad. But that's kinda expensive when you buy it just as a controller.....
Old 03-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
ziflingus

I guess we'll just have to be patient about this...
I'll stick to my bcf2000 in the meantime
Old 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
jonespnice

Are you all able to get it working with Reaper 32bit? It works on Reaper 64bit for me but not Reaper 32bit.
Mac 10.14.6, Windows 10 pro, Reaper 5, Akai Advance keyboard, MPC X, Maschine 2, Arturia V Collection, Komplete 12 Ultimate, Omnisphere 2.6, KeyScape, Trilian, Akai VIP, Albino, Minimonsta, Moog Modular vsti, Apollo interface, Korg M1 vsti, Reason.
jonespnice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Quest The Wordsmith

I'm trying desperately here and getting nothing. Little help?
Old 03-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Quest The Wordsmith

Default Please Help!

I think I have it set up correctly, but it's not actually controlling anything. When I go to OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > CONTROL SURFACES > EDIT and hit "Listen...", I see information in the window as I move the sliders, push buttons, etc:

This means that I'm connected. Now how do I assign the various buttons / sliders to specific actions in Reaper? Play, pause, stop, etc...

P.S. - I'm not liking the fact that the moderators made a new forum for these threads. I feel like we went from an audience of a few hundred to like 10!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #7
jonespnice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest The Wordsmith View Post
I think I have it set up correctly, but it's not actually controlling anything. When I go to OPTIONS > PREFERENCES > CONTROL SURFACES > EDIT and hit "Listen...", I see information in the window as I move the sliders, push buttons, etc:

This means that I'm connected. Now how do I assign the various buttons / sliders to specific actions in Reaper? Play, pause, stop, etc...

P.S. - I'm not liking the fact that the moderators made a new forum for these threads. I feel like we went from an audience of a few hundred to like 10!
Which template are you using? I know that a lot of people are using the Logicpad template, you may have to create your own template. What CC messages are being sent out by the template that you are currently using?
Mac 10.14.6, Windows 10 pro, Reaper 5, Akai Advance keyboard, MPC X, Maschine 2, Arturia V Collection, Komplete 12 Ultimate, Omnisphere 2.6, KeyScape, Trilian, Akai VIP, Albino, Minimonsta, Moog Modular vsti, Apollo interface, Korg M1 vsti, Reason.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
Banned

Take the time to read the Default.ReaperOSC template in your /OSC subfolder. Study it carefully.

Also, do realize that for Android there is no TouchOSC editor.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziflingus View Post
I guess we'll just have to be patient about this...
I'll stick to my bcf2000 in the meantime
Wrong. (Your BCF can be pimped with some OSC love )
Old 04-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
lxm

anyone got this working?
lxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
Om_Audio

Ya I would love simple remote control from my Android phone (HTC Amaze). Just to be able to start/stop recording would be a big help.
C
Om_Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
jonespnice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxm View Post
anyone got this working?
Yes it works well for me on my iPad version 1.
It didn't work for me at first because I skimmed over the directions and skipped a step.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
lxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonespnice View Post
Yes it works well for me on my iPad version 1.
It didn't work for me at first because I skimmed over the directions and skipped a step.
anyway you could make a video using it with REAPER with the ipad? what can you control?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
jonespnice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxm View Post
anyway you could make a video using it with REAPER with the ipad? what can you control?
I've never made a internet video, I'm really green when it comes to that, if you can tell me how to do a video (what software I need, how to post it, ect.) then I'd be more than happy to make a video.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
lxm

hermmm i really green on all that as well. can someone else chime in on how to make a video?

what are you able to control ATM?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #16
LoSau

Default youtube clip of iOS instructions from reaper blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUgyhQwyWRY

As far as the android version note the midi bridge drivers on bottom of this page

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc-android

I'm using win7 64bit so they are useless to me

The android version of this app is lagging a fair way behind the iOS version. Its a shame really cause I can imagine a Nexus 7 would do a great job at this...

But that doesn't mean that a .Reaperosc template can't be made for each of the settings templates in the android version. It just wont have this sort of functionality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2QoJzDWVuw
LoSau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #17
ivansc

I too am having no real luck with this. FWIW.

Just as well I bought my android phone mostly to do phones texs and gsp nav.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #18
LoSau

DAWOSC is the business for Android. A very active developer making almost weekly updates.
LoSau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #19
Susan G

Hi-

I know this is an old(er) thread, but I just wanted to say I'm having good success with TouchOSC and REAPER on my Thrive (Android) with the LogicPad layout. I was inspired to try it because Image-Line came out with its remote app for FLS the other day.

So far everything is bi-directional, the Thrive picks up the track names from REAPER, etc. The MIDI Bridge is working for assigning stuff to the Action List, too. I don't know if the layouts are editable yet for Android, but I still like what I see so far.

-Susan
Susan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:49 AM   #20
ivansc

Another necro post... Somehow I completely missed DAWOSC all these years ago. Just had a look on play store & its free so I am going to see if it is any easier to set up and (importantly) edit layouts on my elderly Hudl2 than HEXLER`s puzzle factory, which seems to work or not for me depending mostly on the weather...

EDIT: Just fired up TouchOSC & it worked with LogicPad right away. So.... Anyone have any better/more relevant layouts for Reaper than the Logic Pad one? I would also like to be able to add names or at least numbers to the mixer/tcp channels.

FWIW Hexler havent updated their Reaper install documentation since Reaper 4.2, so there is a certain amount of guesswork translating their instructions, fwiw.
I just wish I could get their editor to do what I tell it.

Last edited by ivansc; 03-01-2020 at 08:21 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote