Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM   #7801
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Funkybot...All seems to be working like I think it should, except for the FX Mapping. I have checked the names and they match. It seems that when I press the top Left bank button, nothing changes. ? Where does the code for this toggling reside - CSI files or the MFT editor?
Hi tdc, the FX Mappings are setup using the "Focused FX Navigator" so when you open one of the plugins and focus it's GUI, it should just automatically be mapped to the MFTwister's first bank. Focused FX isn't 100% reliable at the moment, but works the vast majority of the time. Is it not working at all for you?

The top-left button is there in case you want to quickly flip back to the Reaper assignments for those widgets when you have an FX Focused and then want to flip back.

Last edited by Funkybot; Yesterday at 07:36 AM.
Funkybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM   #7802
Cragster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNdark View Post
*bump*

Hi mixmonkey / anyone - do you have a working version of the MCU jog wheel mst and zon please?
Check out page 194 post# 7747 of this thread . My zone and mst is posted there if you wanna have a look at my jog wheel set up. It works good for me.
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #7803
Geoff Waddington

New builds are up.

EuCon improvements, mostly with switching projects, seems best if you launch by double clicking .RPP, then you can switch between projects OK, at least here

You will need both dlls/dylibs AND you will need to modify your EuCon CSI.ini entry - see supplied CSI.ini for an example.

Let me know what happens
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #7804
Funkybot

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
New builds are up.

EuCon improvements, mostly with switching projects, seems best if you launch by double clicking .RPP, then you can switch between projects OK, at least here

You will need both dlls/dylibs AND you will need to modify your EuCon CSI.ini entry - see supplied CSI.ini for an example.

Let me know what happens
What happened? Well first I forgot to install the Eucon.dll's. Request: can you go back to including that in your sig? Or even better, just begin bundling it in the main CSI.dll?

But after I sorted that out and followed your instructions it works great! Opened an RRP from the File Explorer then switched projects with no crashes or errors. Created a new blank project in Reaper then switched projects with no crashes or errors. Everything looking good so far!
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM   #7805
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
What happened? Well first I forgot to install the Eucon.dll's. Request: can you go back to including that in your sig? Or even better, just begin bundling it in the main CSI.dll?
The sig only allows 3 lines, so can't do that.

Don't want to put it in the general -- confusing for folks without EuCon.

However, did do one small step -- the link to the EuCon software is in the main CSI download description, at least it's something

Quote:
But after I sorted that out and followed your instructions it works great! Opened an RRP from the File Explorer then switched projects with no crashes or errors. Created a new blank project in Reaper then switched projects with no crashes or errors. Everything looking good so far!
Fantastic, please continue to stress it out and see if it breaks
Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #7806
Funkybot

Quote:
Fantastic, please continue to stress it out and see if it breaks
Definitely will do! The more it works, the more I'll use it.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #7807
audio2u

Quote:
Please post the contents of your CSI.ini file.
Geoff, here ya go....

Page "audio2u" FollowTCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring { 0 0 0 }
MidiSurface "MCU" 2 0 "MCU.mst" "MCU" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends NoAutoMapFX AutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
MidiSurface "MCU test" 2 0 "MCU.mst" "MCU" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends NoAutoMapFX AutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc
Hey Bruce - sorry to hear of your trials. Emerging tech is always challenging. As a fellow Sydney-sider, I would be happy to chat locally if you wished, phone or Skype/facetime.
tdc,
Thanks for the offer. I work in a studio in North Sydney (and yes, we're still open for business, believe it or not). However, this line of questioning is for my home setup. But happy to chat. I'll pm you.
Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #7808
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2u View Post
Geoff, here ya go....

Code:
Page "audio2u" FollowTCP NoSynchPages UseScrollLink NoTrackColoring { 0 0 0 }
MidiSurface "MCU" 2 0 "MCU.mst" "MCU" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends NoAutoMapFX AutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX 
MidiSurface "MCU test" 2 0 "MCU.mst" "MCU" NoZoneLink NoAutoMapSends NoAutoMapFX AutoMapFXMenu AutoMapFocusedFX
See those 2 0 sections in both surface lines -- that's a no go.

You can only have one surface per Midi port.

Not sure if that is your problem, but it is definitely incorrect.

Try removing one whole surface line and see what happens.
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM   #7809
Funkybot

This is probably another EuCon known issue, but any centered pans initialize as fully left. The first pan movement you make on the surface will jump your Reaper pan position 100% left, but afterwards, everything works. Any non-centered pans initialize correctly.

Second issue: after closing Reaper, only the first 3 faders are returning to their minimum value. The last 5 faders remain where they were.

EDIT
Issue 2 sometimes works as expected. Even in the same project. Not sure what the difference is.

Last edited by Funkybot; Yesterday at 04:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #7810
tdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio2u View Post
tdc,
Thanks for the offer. I work in a studio in North Sydney (and yes, we're still open for business, believe it or not). However, this line of questioning is for my home setup. But happy to chat. I'll pm you.
Hi Bruce, thats quite a coincidence, as I am in North Sydney also. Speak on PM's.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM   #7811
tdc

Quote:
New builds are up.

Let me know what happens
Can confirm here Geoff that this new build does not cause the crash I was getting yesterday when switching projects.

(Is there a way to see the version number of these builds?, would be helpful with bugging out as we move forward)
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM   #7812
tdc

Default EuCon Build - quirks

Quote:
This is probably another EuCon known issue, but any centered pans initialize as fully left. The first pan movement you make on the surface will jump your Reaper pan position 100% left, but afterwards, everything works. Any non-centered pans initialize correctly.
Confirmed - same behaviour here with S3

Quote:
Second issue: after closing Reaper, only the first 3 faders are returning to their minimum value. The last 5 faders remain where they were.
Confirmed - similar behaviour here with S3, though I get the first 9 returning upon close. If I close all projects, but leave reaper open, all faders reset. (Actually, it appears obituary the number of faders being reset to -inf.)

Last edited by tdc; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #7813
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
(Is there a way to see the version number of these builds?, would be helpful with bugging out as we move forward)
I personally append the date to the file name, and if there's two builds in a day, label both separately. It's not often, but there have been a few times where things got a little wonky and I had to downgrade to the last working version.
Old Yesterday, 09:50 PM   #7814
tdc

Quote:
I personally append the date to the file name, and if there's two builds in a day, label both separately. It's not often, but there have been a few times where things got a little wonky and I had to downgrade to the last working version.
Do you mean renaming the dylib / dll files?
Old Yesterday, 10:17 PM   #7815
tdc

Default OSC Dropping Offline

Hi Geoff,

I am finding that the OSC Module is dropping offline if I go into the prefs and adjust something, causing CSI to refresh. I have three surfaces I am working on:
  1. OSC (iPad)
  2. Midi Fighter Twister
  3. Avid S3 EuCon

The MFT and S3 come back fine but dear OSC doesn't. Only able to restore functionality if I reboot Reaper.

Attached is my CSI folder;CSI_TDC_200401-1600.zip