Old 11-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
lowellben
Human being with feelings

Default Subprojects and Regions Chunks

Hello.

I used DP for many years and scored for TV and have really missed chunks since coming to Reaper. I have tried to wrap my brain around subprojects but I am lost. Can someone help me please?

Here are some questions. Please keep in mind my goal is to get close to chunks as possible but with Reaper's signature power and customizable-ness.

1) Can you render a selected region to a subproject? I can't find an action for that.
2) If #1 is not possible, how can you send stuff to a subproject that's smaller than a track? I see only one actions send track to subproject.
3) Can you send selected media items to a subproject as they are? Just to save them ala chunks for reusing?
4) Is there any option in Reaper for rendering TO a new project? That would be mint. Render dialog? Render to RPP or subRPP.

Ideally I'm searching for a "render selected region to subproject" sort of thing. But the render region options are not there nor is there an action.

Thank you so much.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:18 AM   #2
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellben View Post
Ideally I'm searching for a "render selected region to subproject" sort of thing. But the render region options are not there nor is there an action.
SWS Region Playlist has a "Crop project to playlist (new project tab)" feature. Maybe that could help?
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
lowellben

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
SWS Region Playlist has a "Crop project to playlist (new project tab)" feature. Maybe that could help?
Actually this looks quite useful thank you. But is there no way to in one step, save project "as subproject"?

What's the fastest way to "convert" a project to a subproject? Let's say I crop playlist project, to new tab, then save it as SubP1.rpp.

What's the way you would convert this to a subproject? I hope this makes sense. Do I have to open it each time and basically insert as sub?

I see an option when you right click a media item to "move items to subproject" which is awesome, but does this not exist for regions? I kind of wanted to avoid having to selected all items of a region each time for a subproject.

Last edited by lowellben; 11-19-2019 at 10:24 AM.
lowellben is offline   Reply With Quote