Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 08-25-2019, 08:05 AM   #1
Herbert
Human being with feelings

Default Issues with MIDI in general (ports maybe?)

Hi everyone, this is my newbie thing: when I adjust the input into ALL MIDI Devices, there’s a hitting reverb which is sounding kind of like a tolling bell in the background and there's this red bar on the side of the volumeter track hitting high as well (attached gif below), while I can still play the keys on the keyboard and it sounds as the expected VSTi plug-in sound (the bell still sounds at the same time on the background), but after 1-2 minutes playing with the annoying hell’s bells on and on, both the background bell and the normal play decay stepwise down to silence. Then no matter what I play, what I readjust on the MIDI ports or different plugins, it won’t sound anymore, even though I check my Focusrite sound target and the monitor is still lighting every time I play, like it is receiving the sound, but it won’t output anymore. If I try to unplug the Keyboard and play with the virtual midi instrument, the result remains the same -nulliness-. Moreover, sometimes REAPER crashes in the middle of these crazy adjusting...

Sometimes when I find the specific MIDI port working on (usually Focusrite A.E Ltd Impulse-Impulse works) the background bell stops and the real sound remains, so it all fixes fine. But some other times it doesn’t behave the same when I do the same stuff over and over, hence I used the term “erratic” and I overused the term “sometimes". The only thing that works ALWAYS is the control HUI Automap from the Novation Impulse, which means that I can adjust some presets straight from the keyboard (recording, master volume, etc). But that doesn’t help much when the plugins and sounds collapse.

I don’t know whether the setup is behaving erratic, the plugins are behaving erratic or it’s me behaving erratic with them all. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Reaper, upgrading the version but It’s still the same stuff. In the beginning I got the illusion that the problem was my AU plugins, because VSTi usually worked well, but now it happens also with both plugin types, so I am clueless.
I need your help, guys. Thanks a lot in advance.

My setup is:

MacAir 13”2017 1.8GHz intel core 5, RAM 8GB 1600MHz DDR3, 128SSD (or flash storage, I can’t figure it out yet) with 32GB available yet.
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5
Reaper v.5.981
Focusrite 6i6 (2019)
Novation Impulse 49 (2019)

P.D:
As for the usual crash, the problem report for reaper identifies the path as /applications/REAPER64.app/Contents/MacOS/Reaper, code type X686-64 (native).

(See the attached .img with the crash report pop-up)

Here the link to attachments:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtkxH5tYwI31guQp8Qhw6LZVjl4Grg

Thanks again!

Last edited by Herbert; 08-25-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Herbert is offline   Reply With Quote