Old 08-23-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
REDTone Studio
Human being with feelings

Default Newbie Full Production

This is a song I have been working on mixing for the last few months... I've been spending time trying to get it as close to "radio" ready as I can make it. I have also been working on building my studio, so I am not monitoring in perfect conditions...yet!

Tracked and Mixed all in Reaper. I play every instrument, with drums from MT PowerDrum and bass from AmpleBass I believe. I am mainly a strummer and singer so be kind on the lead parts.

I am looking for some feedback, I have been at this way too long and I think I am losing perspective. I've only really been at this for the last 6 months and I know I have a long way to go. Any suggestions???

Link here:
https://soundcloud.com/user-32453572...he-run-limited
REDTone Studio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
mschnell

Is the heavily pumping compression intentional ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:54 PM   #3
REDTone Studio

No it isn't, I think that happened because I was pushing it way to hard to get it as loud as I could to match professional songs in my truck.

Any suggestions on how to keep the loudness but not make it pump? I assume not mixing the bass so loud. I need to get my room sorted out first I think...
Old 08-25-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
REDTone Studio

Ok, So I have gone back and given it another go. I have still probably limited and compressed to too much but I think I have gotten rid of the pumping and the other things I didn't like about the first try.

Does this make it better? What am I missing besides 5-10 years of more practice?

https://soundcloud.com/user-32453572...the-run-master
Old 08-28-2019, 07:47 AM   #5
REDTone Studio

I felt that last mix was much to muffled and flat, no highs or anything on top. I adjusted it the best I can and uploaded it again. Same name but different link.

https://soundcloud.com/user-32453572...the-run-master

I think the vocals might be sitting to much over the top of the song, but other than that I can't think of anything else to change. But, I don't know much...