Old 12-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
-kiff-
Human being with feelings

Default Zombie Panties

Here's a song that my friends and I have been working on. It was originally recorded on 2 fostex vf16's and then exported/imported into Reaper/pc. There were around 30 tracks and they were in pretty bad shape. Some were incomplete and some had accidental punch-ins in places. Basically, this was a "learn Reaper by cleaning up this mess" project This version is pretty old, from around May, I'm guessing, when we'd pretty much cleaned up the tracks and got the initial mix. The current version is a lot better, but we're going to start recording more songs right now and then mix/master/release them all. Anyways, hope you like it...

Zombie Panties
-kiff- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Sambo Rouge

Kiff.

I like it a lot. I can hear all of the hard work you guys have put into it.

Interesting time play and guitar licks. For me personally, the only thing I would change would be the bass -- it is too right centric. I would either centre it or duplicate it on the left for balance. This is a minor niggle ---
I think you have an ace song here.

Sorry there is another thing I think you could improve --- the title.
I'm sure you disagree with this,

Anyhow great stuff guys --- oh, and very nice mix.

Cheers
Sambo Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kiff- View Post
Here's a song that my friends and I have been working on. It was originally recorded on 2 fostex vf16's and then exported/imported into Reaper/pc. There were around 30 tracks and they were in pretty bad shape. Some were incomplete and some had accidental punch-ins in places. Basically, this was a "learn Reaper by cleaning up this mess" project This version is pretty old, from around May, I'm guessing, when we'd pretty much cleaned up the tracks and got the initial mix. The current version is a lot better, but we're going to start recording more songs right now and then mix/master/release them all. Anyways, hope you like it...

Zombie Panties
I really LOVE the over-all sound of the mix...What is the mastering chain look like? I mean that has been an elusive sound for me, very thick and warm and still bright...I like to call it the PT sound because a lot of commercial records sound like that these days....(-:
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
-kiff-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo Rouge View Post
...the bass -- it is too right centric. ...

Anyhow great stuff guys --- oh, and very nice mix.
yea, we centered up the bass a little since that mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewayout View Post
What is the mastering chain look like? I mean that has been an elusive sound for me, very thick and warm and still bright...I like to call it the PT sound because a lot of commercial records sound like that these days....(-:
well, it's really not even mastered yet. we just cleaned things up as much as possible and did some eq'ing to separate things as much as possible. the keys had a lot of lows and highs that needed taming. once we did that the mix really came to life. there might be a little multiband compression on the master track, but I honestly dont remember what exactly that version of the mix had. it was several months ago...

Thanks for the compliments guys and looking forward to posting more when we have more to offer.
-kiff- is offline   Reply With Quote