Old 12-12-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
MatthewB
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper SET-UP

Hi,
Just to started with Reaper Tutorials they have been a great help. I have a question . I have just purchased a new laptop for home recording and I want to set-up Reaper in the proper way to be most beneficial for my small home studio. Should I start with the "Setting Up Shop" tutorials and work down the list or Start with Reaper 5 Explained and work down the list or maybe there is better way Thanks.

Best,
Matthew
MatthewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:17 PM   #2
martifingers
Human being with feelings

Hi Matthew. Obviously people learn best in their own way but here's my take on this.

Reaper 5 explained does a great job of going into fair detail about the interface, navigation, tracks, editing etc. In fact I think these were what I started with. Not all may be directly relevant straight away (eg Themes and Layouts) but you will know a lot if you remember it all.
But Kenny being so talented and Cuckos being so generous there is an alternative. The series Recording Your Band assumes no prior knowledge and takes you through the process in a logical and very practical sort of way. If that suits your preferred learning method it should work really well.

The Setting up Shop series are again fairly detailed and in some cases quite specific such as Custom Actions etc. For me these became more relevant when I came across something that was a bit awkward to do and I needed to delve a bit deeper. One exception however was the tutorial on The Master Track - that was of immediate benefit. Just my opinion of course.
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote