Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Sinner
Human being with feelings

Default Fun Damn Mentalists

New album from my side project the Fun Damn Mentalists.

This is a country/folk/americana tribute to Glenn Danzig, one of my all-time favorite singer/songwriters. It started somewhat as a joke; me and Willy D. getting boozed up and singing “I want your skull” with bluegrass harmonies on banjo. We quickly realized that some Danzig songs translate well to banjo or acoustic guitar, so there is a mix of over and under the top.

Recorded, mixed, and mastered in Reaper.

Also regarding software….hugely happy that Valhalla Vintage Verb came out while we were doing this. I was going for a much less than pristine tone on many of the instruments, using older country tracks as reference while we mixed. Lots of Toneboosters and Variety of Sound plugins used and abused, but Vintage Verb was the icing on that cake of degradation.

I played all the instruments except mandolin on Naked Witch and it is I and Willy D. singing. Tracy Hoose (archaeologist and general cool gal) added vocals on Skulls.

You can listen to samples here
http://www.amazon.com/Lucifudge-Explicit/dp/B00BVBHG4A

or on iTunes

https://itunes.apple.com/album/lucif...ign-mpt=uo%3D1

As much helpful advice as I’ve gotten from this forum, I’d be happy to send some free full mp3s if you’d private message me the 2 or 3 songs you’d like. (I don’t want to post them generally since I need to keep track of downloads for royalty purposes)

I hope you find this enjoyable.

Scott Sinner

Last edited by Sinner; 04-22-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote