Old 02-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
Andy Hamm
Human being with feelings

Default Live Mix Theme - TourTech

I just posted the theme that I use with Reaper to mix FOH with on reaper stash here: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1150/To...ReaperThemeZip

It's dark, and meant to be viewed in Mixer mode only (we don't use the tcp at all) and all of the automation and buttons that could potentially get you into trouble (ie the Solo Button) has been removed.

Fader knobs have been borrowed from White Tie's Imperial Theme and edited to fit this theame wich is based on the Default 3.0 theme.
Andy Hamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Andy Hamm

Sorry, the pic....

Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Snap

That's a nice idea. Removing the not needed buttons for live mixing.

But... not an specific theme question, sorry... how do you do AFL and PFL monitoring?
Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
Andy Hamm

I've always mixed to the room, never used headphones live and I've been mixing for close to 30 years now.

But, if you really want to use the solo function, you could use channels for your outputs as you would when using the DAW as a system processor.

There is also another issue, the mix rack sits side stage and you would have to put hardware at the FOH position that would tie you down.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Snap

Same here. I hardly ever use headphones excepting when hired as a monitor engineer. Then I want them always on hand. But, sometimes (FOH or monitors) you have to spot an issue, noise, buzzing, etc... going on during a show. Then I grab the cans and flick the PFLs to spot the problem on the fly. Never happened to you in 30 years? You lucky guy!!!

Of course with the solo mode set to solo in place as default in Reaper I udestand it's better hide the solo buttons. But that's not practical IMO. I don't see a reason to hide them. Or better said... why the heck Reaper cannot route the solos to a monitoring output instead of the master. This is one of the few things I still miss coming from Samplitude... That's why I'm asking.

Sorry for the OT... couldn't avoid it.

Last edited by Snap; 02-22-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Andy Hamm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap View Post
Same here. I hardly ever use headphones excepting when hired as a monitor engineer. Then I want them always on hand. But, sometimes (FOH or monitors) you have to spot an issue, noise, buzzing, etc... going on during a show. Then I grab the cans and flick the PFLs to spot the problem on the fly. Never happened to you in 30 years? You lucky guy!!!

Of course with the solo mode set to solo in place as default in Reaper I udestand it's better hide the solo buttons. But that's not practical IMO. I don't see a reason to hide them. Or better said... why the heck Reaper cannot route the solos to a monitoring output instead of the master. This is one of the few things I still miss coming from Samplitude... That's why I'm asking.

Sorry for the OT... couldn't avoid it.

No problem, I did put in a request for a routable solo bus, but I'm not holding me breath for it. It would be nice for the studio guys as well as you could route your solo to different sets of monitors....

As for ths glitches and noises in the system, I usually look for the musician with the bewildered look on their face and try their mute button first
Old 02-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Snap

Quote:
As for ths glitches and noises in the system, I usually look for the musician with the bewildered look on their face and try their mute button first
Yes, that's the usual method. But sometimes musicians doesn't notice it at all.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:45 AM   #8
XITE-1/4LIVE

Very Nice.
Good vision with emphasis on routing.
Less is more.

Thanks
XITE-1/4LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote