Old 04-24-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
Oscar Myer
Human being with feelings

Default "Sound on Sound"

Hi all...

I'm having trouble with finding the right terminology within Reaper to record midi that will allow me to record "sound on sound."

In other words, I record a part in it's own track. After which I want to record some more sounds on the same track without disrupting the previous notes that were recorded. And then be able to hear everything on the track on playback.

My previous daw called it "sound on sound."

I've been looking at the manual but I'm having trouble understanding this new terminology within Reaper. Again, I'm a total newb in Reaper and am hoping that I can possibly get some answers and tips here that will save me a lot of time and frustration.

I'm trying to get the hang of it on my own but spending an hour or so trying to find the way to do some little thing that I don't understand does become maddening at times.

Much appreciated!!!

/OM
Oscar Myer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:50 AM   #2
domzy

i think MIDI overdub is what you're looking for, it's in the record options dropdown
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:22 AM   #3
Oscar Myer

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
i think MIDI overdub is what you're looking for, it's in the record options dropdown
Yes... you're so right. In fact, I found this out on my own just after I posted this.

Please forgive me for wasting time and space on questions that I can answer for myself. I just have to wait until my frustration level goes down and then seek out the answers.

Thanks...

/OM
Oscar Myer is offline   Reply With Quote