COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 12-08-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings

Default AU build failing with "exit code 1"

Trying to build AU in XCode and it's failing with exit code 1 - "path-VST3-Info.plist" not found.

First of all, why is an "AU" build looking for a VST3 plist?

Second of all, the file it says it can't find exists in the exact path where it says it can't find it! I checked and it's access is set to read/write.

SO, what's wrong here? The VST3 product DOES build - but AU does not.

(BTW - the first attempt to build this plugin gave me a second exit code 1 error for "knob.png" file not found. There is no "knob.png" anywhere in the project! I did find it listed in the XCode file tree and deleted it there - which got rid of that error - but I still have the problem above.)

Last edited by Nonlinear; 12-08-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
olilarkin

There is a script to generate the P list files which might be what's causing the error, could you post exactly what the Xcode error is copy and paste the transcript?
Old 12-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #3
Nonlinear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olilarkin View Post
There is a script to generate the P list files which might be what's causing the error, could you post exactly what the Xcode error is copy and paste the transcript?
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the problem appears to be with the "generate_plists.py" script. I tried running it directly in Python and get the same result (can't find file ...-VST3-Info.plist).

What's odd is that it DOES work in the IPlugEffect example but it does NOT work in my plug that was duplicated from IPlugEffect - and I have both projects in the IPlugExamples folder. The paths should be the same (except for the project folder itself which it seems to find).

Don't know WHY but it seems to be a path problem so I tried changing the generate_plists "scriptpath =" line to use the absolute path rather than the relative path. That indeed solves the "cannot find VST3-plist" problem but now it says it can't find "/resources.h" which is also RIGHT THERE!

I'm going cross eyed trying to see what the difference is between IPlugEffect and my plug but I can't find it. Why does this script work in one place but not the other?

BTW - "generate_plists" seems to be a bit of a misnomer - the files have to already exist in order for this script to open them. In other words, it doesn't actually "create" them, correct?

If that's the case I'm not understanding the difference, or need, for the "update_version.py" script. It seems to do the same thing.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #4
olilarkin

Those scripts are changing a bit in the new version. what was the name that you duplicated to?
Old 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
Nonlinear

Quote:
Originally Posted by olilarkin View Post
Those scripts are changing a bit in the new version. what was the name that you duplicated to?
I duplicated IPlugEffect to a new plugin folder called "Recon". I also tried IRecon and IPlugRecon - no difference. All of them gave the same Python error about file not found (some kind of path or naming issue).

What are the naming restrictions/requirements for plugins and are they IPlug or Python requirements?

Last edited by Nonlinear; 12-10-2018 at 01:57 PM.