Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 03-14-2019, 08:59 AM   #401
leighhunt
Human being with feelings

Hi there,
I seem to be stuck trying to get the Komplete Kontrol Mk2 to connect properly to Reaper using DrivenByMoss4Reaper.
Log from configuration window attached to post.
Any help would be welcome.
Kind regards,
Leigh

OSX 10.14.3
Reaper 5.973
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (25.5 KB, 303 views)
leighhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #402
leighhunt

OH MY GIDDY AUNT!!!!!
After three days of pondering over what was wrong with the Moss4Reaper plugin and Kontrol s61MK2 I have come to the following conclusion : check your external NI library disk is actually being seen by your computer. That explains why the script worked perfectly for a few days and then suddenly stopped connecting!
Please ignore my previous post and laugh at my stupidity if you will!

To Moss,
On a slight sidetrack, I wonder if there are any plans to open up the script source, from a point of view of learning more about scripts, and editing functionality to suit my needs. So far I haven't tried making control surface scripts, as I had learnt how to access the Reaper api, midi I/O and osc I/O within a vst plugin, built using iplug (controlling a multitouch monitor with a gui built with custom maxmsp external). It would, however, be a neater job if I didn't have to drop my plugin on a track in my project.
No worries if you don't wish to share, I understand.
Kind regards,
Leigh
Old 03-17-2019, 01:17 AM   #403
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighhunt View Post
On a slight sidetrack, I wonder if there are any plans to open up the script source, from a point of view of learning more about scripts, and editing functionality to suit my needs. So far I haven't tried making control surface scripts, as I had learnt how to access the Reaper api, midi I/O and osc I/O within a vst plugin, built using iplug (controlling a multitouch monitor with a gui built with custom maxmsp external). It would, however, be a neater job if I didn't have to drop my plugin on a track in my project.
The core of this extension is DrivenByMoss for Bitwig, which is available on GitHub. Around it is a thin but totally complicated wrapper to adapt it to Reaper. Since I do not want to support or answer questions about it I will not publish it :-)
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:47 AM   #404
leighhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
The core of this extension is DrivenByMoss for Bitwig, which is available on GitHub. Around it is a thin but totally complicated wrapper to adapt it to Reaper. Since I do not want to support or answer questions about it I will not publish it :-)
Hi there,
Fair enough, I'lll get digging!
Kind regards,
Leigh
Old 03-25-2019, 07:48 AM   #405
ericklind

Default Where is the install folder on Mac?

Hi Jügen,
I've been trying to install DrivenByMoss4Reaper on my MacBook Pro. The problem is that the folder path in the installation instructions does not exist, so I don't know where to put the files. I tried creating that path myself, but Reaper did not see the plugin. Is there something in Reaper that I need to enable for that path to recognize that path? I have the option set to show all hidden files on my system, so that is not the issue.

Thanks.
ericklind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 AM   #406
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericklind View Post
Hi Jügen,
I've been trying to install DrivenByMoss4Reaper on my MacBook Pro. The problem is that the folder path in the installation instructions does not exist, so I don't know where to put the files. I tried creating that path myself, but Reaper did not see the plugin. Is there something in Reaper that I need to enable for that path to recognize that path? I have the option set to show all hidden files on my system, so that is not the issue.

Thanks.
See the Reaper manual section 1.16 "REAPER’s Installed Folders and File Location".
If you still cannot find it, it should also work if you drop it in the Plugins folder of the Reaper installation.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:46 PM   #407
ericklind

Default Install path

Hey Jürgen,
Thanks for the heads up. I found it and Reaper is seeing the plugin. I'm posting it here for others.
---
Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/REAPER
With some versions (e.g. Lion) you may need to hold down the Options key
while displaying the Go menu to make this path accessible.
--

Last edited by ericklind; 03-26-2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Adding notice that I got it working.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #408
ericklind

Default Track focus Vs. Omni

Hey Jürgen,
I got things up and running for the most part, but I'm unable to isolate a track so that when it has focus the S49 only plays that track. When I select a track and play, it plays all tracks. What do I need to do to make this function how it does in Logic or Ableton, where whichever track has focus, that's what receives midi? I tried mapping midi channels and but I must not be doing it right. I've tried searching in the forums, but I was unable to find anything that would apply (there were way too many posts to search and I'm not quite sure what to search for.)

Thanks.

Last edited by ericklind; 03-27-2019 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Clarifications
Old 03-28-2019, 01:30 AM   #409
moss

Quote:
Hey Jürgen,
I got things up and running for the most part, but I'm unable to isolate a track so that when it has focus the S49 only plays that track. When I select a track and play, it plays all tracks. What do I need to do to make this function how it does in Logic or Ableton, where whichever track has focus, that's what receives midi? I tried mapping midi channels and but I must not be doing it right. I've tried searching in the forums, but I was unable to find anything that would apply (there were way too many posts to search and I'm not quite sure what to search for.)

Thanks.
E.g. look here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=58551
Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #410
ericklind

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Thank you for your help, and thanks for creating DrivenByMoss4REaper. That has helped me transition from Logic so easily!
Old 03-31-2019, 11:34 AM   #411
ericklind

Default No midi signal from keyboard

Hey Jürgen,
I got this working a few days ago, but now I'm not sure what is going on. All the midi functions work, except for notes from the keyboard. I can browse, preview, use the transport functions, but there are no midi signals coming from the keys. Everything looks good in the plugin window as well.

Any ideas on where I should look?

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:57 AM   #412
moss

Quote:
Hey Jürgen,
I got this working a few days ago, but now I'm not sure what is going on. All the midi functions work, except for notes from the keyboard. I can browse, preview, use the transport functions, but there are no midi signals coming from the keys. Everything looks good in the plugin window as well.

Any ideas on where I should look?

Thanks.
Which keyboard?
Old 03-31-2019, 11:58 AM   #413
moss

I just released DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 6.0 with lots of new features!
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Use native dialog for selecting the configuration file.
    • Fixed: Fixed a typo (CC40 was named CC30).
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • Switched to new MIDI protocol (requires Komplete Kontrol 2.1.2)
    • Support for A-series and M32
  • Mackie HUI
    • Support added
  • Mackie MCU
    • Fixed: Knob LED was not turned off on non-existing tracks for panorama mode.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: Reduced the size of a OSC bundles to stay below 64 Kb, which is the maximum for an UDP packet.
  • Push
    • Automation could not be activated if an effect track or the master track was selected.

Enjoy!

Last edited by moss; 04-05-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 02:59 PM   #414
dragonslair

I am trying to set up my JL Cooper CS102, it has a button that cycles through 4 options, Mute, Solo, Locate, Track Select, how would one go about setting it up?
dragonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:43 PM   #415
analogexplosions

Quote:
I just released DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 6.0 with lots of new features!
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Use native dialog for selecting the configuration file.
    • Fixed: Fixed a typo (CC40 was named CC30).
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • Switched to new MIDI protocol (requires Komplete Kontrol 2.1.2)
    • Support for A-series
  • Mackie HUI
    • Support added
  • Mackie MCU
    • Fixed: Knob LED was not turned off on non-existing tracks for panorama mode.
  • OSC
    • Fixed: Reduced the size of a OSC bundles to stay below 64 Kb, which is the maximum for an UDP packet.
  • Push
    • Automation could not be activated if an effect track or the master track was selected.

Enjoy!
Just tried to install this on Windows 10 and I'm not getting anything from my Push 2. Previous versions have worked great for me, this one just leads to a blank Push. Excited to get the new version going and trying it out!
Old 03-31-2019, 06:59 PM   #416
ericklind

Quote:
Which keyboard?
Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2.

I figured out that I need to Enable it in the input section. Now it works as expected.

Thanks!

Last edited by ericklind; 04-02-2019 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Adding note it works
Old 04-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #417
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonslair View Post
I am trying to set up my JL Cooper CS102, it has a button that cycles through 4 options, Mute, Solo, Locate, Track Select, how would one go about setting it up?
I looked in the manual of the device: the mode button does not have any state it just sends a button down/up. Same for the Mute buttons.
Therefore, you cannot configure a mapping which provides all those features.

You would need to implement a specific extension, which keeps track of the mode state.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #418
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogexplosions View Post
Just tried to install this on Windows 10 and I'm not getting anything from my Push 2. Previous versions have worked great for me, this one just leads to a blank Push. Excited to get the new version going and trying it out!
Did you fully replace all files? Delete all old ones before copying the new ones.
If you did this: do you get any errors? Have you selected the correct in-/outputs?
Old 04-05-2019, 02:22 PM   #419
analogexplosions

Quote:
Did you fully replace all files? Delete all old ones before copying the new ones.
If you did this: do you get any errors? Have you selected the correct in-/outputs?
This is on a fresh Windows install.

I'm getting this:

Ableton Push 2: Starting...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/css/DOMImplementationCSS
at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder. <init>(SVGAbstractTranscoder.java:123)
at org.apache.batik.transcoder.image.ImageTranscoder. <init>(ImageTranscoder.java:75)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.graphics.SVGImage$ BufferedImageTranscoder.<init>(SVGImage.java:191)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.graphics.SVGImage. <init>(SVGImage.java:93)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.graphics.SVGImage. getSVGImage(SVGImage.java:62)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.daw.HostImpl.loadS VG(HostImpl.java:195)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.resource.ResourceHand ler.addSVGImage(ResourceHandler.java:82)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.daw.resource.ResourceHand ler.init(ResourceHandler.java:34)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.graphics.display.VirtualD isplay.<init>(VirtualDisplay.java:47)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.controller.PushDisp lay.<init>(PushDisplay.java:106)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createDisplay(PushControllerSetup.java:237)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.push.PushControllerSetup .createSurface(PushControllerSetup.java:230)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractContro llerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.delayedStart(AbstractControllerInstance. java:219)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.utils.SafeRunLater.lambda $execute$0(SafeRunLater.java:37)
at java.desktop/java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I have Push 2 Live Ports selected for my Midi i/o's and anything Push 2 related disabled in Midi Device Preferences. It will connect live Live 10, so I know its working!
Old 04-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #420
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by analogexplosions View Post
This is on a fresh Windows install.

I'm getting this:

Ableton Push 2: Starting...
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/css/DOMImplementationCSS
at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder. <init>(SVGAbstractTranscoder.java:123)
Seems there is a file missing. Will fix this in the next update.
For the time being you can get it from here:
http://central.maven.org/maven2/xml-...pis-1.4.01.jar

Put it in the drivenbymos-libs folder.
Old 04-06-2019, 05:58 AM   #421
moss

Version 6.1 is online!
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • Generic Flexi
    • Fixed: Exception when Send volume was mapped/changed and a FX or the Master track was selected.
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • New: Added information about mute state due to soloed track(s)
    • New: Added more selected track information to confirm to updated protocol
    • New: Added scene navigation and play
    • New: Slowed down knob change rate on MkII
  • OSC
    • New: You can now configure the value range. So far, this was 128. Now you can increase the range to 1024 or 16384. Note that you also need to configure the widgets in your OSC client accordingly.
  • Fixed: NullPointerException on hierarchical track navigation
  • Fixed: A Jar file was missing in the 6.0 release.
  • Fixed: Toggling Note Repeat did not work

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html

Enjoy!
Old 04-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #422
dnafis

Default What am I doing wrong with 6.1?

My KK A series keyboard browses and plugin adjustments seem to work. Keyboard no longer plays, transport controls are not highlighted and don't work. I made sure that all KK midi devices are disabled in Reaper midi device prefs.

To update I deleted 6.0 files and folders with Reaper down and rebooted windows. installed 6.1 and tried to reconfig.

This now happens during configuration:

Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A / MkII: Starting...
Midi not available.
javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: The specified device is already in use. Wait until it is free, and then try again.
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiOutDevice.nOpen(Native Method)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiOutDevice.implOpen(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDevice.doOpen(Unkn own Source)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.AbstractMidiDevice.open(Unknow n Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.setOutput(MidiConnection.java:76)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createOutput(MidiAccessImpl.java:76)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createOutput(MidiAccessImpl.java:68)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolMkII ControllerSetup.createSurface(KontrolMkIIControlle rSetup.java:149)
at de.mossgrabers.framework.controller.AbstractContro llerSetup.init(AbstractControllerSetup.java:107)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolMkII ControllerSetup.init(KontrolMkIIControllerSetup.ja va:101)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.controller.AbstractControlle rInstance.delayedStart(AbstractControllerInstance. java:219)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.utils.SafeRunLater.lambda $execute$0(SafeRunLater.java:37)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessI mpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)

Midi not available.
javax.sound.midi.MidiUnavailableException: The specified device is already in use. Wait until it is free, and then try again.
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDevice.nOpen(Native Method)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDevice.implOpen(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.setInput(MidiConnection.java:111)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiInputImpl .<init>(MidiInputImpl.java:57)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createInput(MidiAccessImpl.java:93)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolMkII ControllerSetup.createSurface(KontrolMkIIControlle rSetup.java:150)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolMkII ControllerSetup.init(KontrolMkIIControllerSetup.ja va:101)

Midi not available.
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDevice.nOpen(Native Method)
at java.desktop/com.sun.media.sound.MidiInDevice.implOpen(Unknown Source)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiConnectio n.setInput(MidiConnection.java:111)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiInputImpl .<init>(MidiInputImpl.java:57)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createInput(MidiAccessImpl.java:93)
at de.mossgrabers.reaper.framework.midi.MidiAccessImp l.createInput(MidiAccessImpl.java:85)
at de.mossgrabers.controller.kontrol.mkii.KontrolMkII ControllerSetup.createSurface(KontrolMkIIControlle rSetup.java:153)

Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol A / MkII: Running.
dnafis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 PM   #423
analogexplosions

Quote:
Version 6.1 is online!
  • Requires Bitwig 2.4.
  • Generic Flexi
    • Fixed: Exception when Send volume was mapped/changed and a FX or the Master track was selected.
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • New: Added information about mute state due to soloed track(s)
    • New: Added more selected track information to confirm to updated protocol
    • New: Added scene navigation and play
    • New: Slowed down knob change rate on MkII
  • OSC
    • New: You can now configure the value range. So far, this was 128. Now you can increase the range to 1024 or 16384. Note that you also need to configure the widgets in your OSC client accordingly.
  • Fixed: NullPointerException on hierarchical track navigation
  • Fixed: A Jar file was missing in the 6.0 release.
  • Fixed: Toggling Note Repeat did not work

Enjoy!
Thanks! 6.1 works as expected.
Old 04-07-2019, 05:16 AM   #424
tsmaeder

Default Crash When Creating Control

Hi Juergen,

Reaper exits for me when I try to select the "Driven by Moss" type of control when adding a control surface. I have been able to catch the problem in windbg and the stackttrace looks like this:

KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x69
VCRUNTIME140!_CxxThrowException+0xc2
reaper_drivenbymoss!ReaperPluginEntry+0xcad
reaper_drivenbymoss+0x11bce
reaper_drivenbymoss!ReaperPluginEntry+0x2d36
reaper_drivenbymoss!ReaperPluginEntry+0x2a6a
reaper_drivenbymoss+0x126c8
reaper_drivenbymoss+0x12b85
reaper+0x5055fe
reaper+0x52ccab
USER32!UserCallDlgProcCheckWow+0x130
USER32!DefDlgProcWorker+0xd2
USER32!DefDlgProcA+0x39
USER32!UserCallWinProcCheckWow+0x266
USER32!SendMessageWorker+0x218
USER32!SendMessageW+0xf8
COMCTL32!ComboBox_CommandHandler+0x701f2
COMCTL32!ComboBox_WndProc+0x434
USER32!CallWindowProcAorW+0xe0
USER32!CallWindowProcA+0x1b
reaper+0x14de32
USER32!SendMessageW+0xf8
COMCTL32!ListBox_NotifyOwner+0x47
COMCTL32!ListBox_ButtonUp+0x17f
COMCTL32!ListBox_TrackMouse+0x16d
COMCTL32!ListBox_WndProc+0x6b21f

This is 6.0. I'll give 6.1 a try. The crash only happens on my laptop (Win 10 with all updates installed)

Update: the crash happens with 6.1, as well, reaper version 5.973/x64

Last edited by tsmaeder; 04-07-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Update
tsmaeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 02:44 AM   #425
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmaeder View Post
Hi Juergen,

Reaper exits for me when I try to select the "Driven by Moss" type of control when adding a control surface. I have been able to catch the problem in windbg and the stackttrace looks like this:

reaper_drivenbymoss+0x11bce
reaper_drivenbymoss!ReaperPluginEntry+0x2d36
reaper_drivenbymoss!ReaperPluginEntry+0x2a6a
reaper_drivenbymoss+0x126c8
reaper_drivenbymoss+0x12b85
reaper+0x5055fe
reaper+0x52ccab
USER32!UserCallDlgProcCheckWow+0x130
USER32!DefDlgProcWorker+0xd2
USER32!DefDlgProcA+0x39
USER32!SendMessageW+0xf8
COMCTL32!ComboBox_CommandHandler+0x701f2
COMCTL32!ComboBox_WndProc+0x434
USER32!CallWindowProcAorW+0xe0
USER32!CallWindowProcA+0x1b
reaper+0x14de32
USER32!SendMessageW+0xf8
COMCTL32!ListBox_NotifyOwner+0x47
COMCTL32!ListBox_ButtonUp+0x17f
COMCTL32!ListBox_TrackMouse+0x16d
COMCTL32!ListBox_WndProc+0x6b21f

This is 6.0. I'll give 6.1 a try. The crash only happens on my laptop (Win 10 with all updates installed)

Could you please try to start from the command line? This should give you some startup logging.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:02 AM   #426
tsmaeder

Quote:
Could you please try to start from the command line? This should give you some startup logging.
Start what from the command line? Starting reaper.exe in a command window does not yield any output.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #427
parapentep70

Default Komplete Knotrol extra features

Hi,

I installed Komplete 10 2 months ago. At the time I was concerned about the kind of compatibility among Reaper, Komplete Kontrol SW and Komplete Kontrol S49 MK1.

At the time I browsed different forums (specially Native Instruments & Reaper) and I was concerned about Komplete Kontrol SW/HW full compatibility with Reaper. I found some issues and some advice to overcome them... specially for other DAWs, not so much about Reaper. I (wrongly) assumed that this was because Reaper is not the most popular DAW for NI users.

Then I knew about DrivenByMoss4Reaper, I thought it could be the solution to the issues mentioned in formums. But I did not install it because I was in the middle of a project. In fact Komplete was not installed yet.

Later Native Instruments updated Komplete Kontrol SW for better compatibility. I read in some forums that nothing is really required for full compatibility between Kontrol SW, Kontrol Hw and Reaper. I finished my project and I installed all my Native Intruments SW. Then I simply tried and... Everything worked 100% as supposed. Normal MIDI, generic MIDI controls, specific MIDI controls with their pages and names in the screens, transport controls, Komplete sound browser... Now I think I did not find specific information for Reaper users because there are LESS issues with Reaper than with other DAWs.

Today I was cleaning my computer and I saw "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" installer. My question is: provided that everything is working, is there a good reason / advantage / extra feature for Komplete Kontrol (Hw + Sw) if I install DrivenByMoss4Reaper software? Am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks a lot
parapentep70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #428
moss

Quote:
Hi Juergen,

I looked into this and the crash happens when the full path to the java.dll should be converted to a wstring. What language is your Windows 10 and do you have any special characters in that path (the path of the UserPlugins)?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:52 PM   #429
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by parapentep70 View Post
Hi,

I installed Komplete 10 2 months ago. At the time I was concerned about the kind of compatibility among Reaper, Komplete Kontrol SW and Komplete Kontrol S49 MK1.

At the time I browsed different forums (specially Native Instruments & Reaper) and I was concerned about Komplete Kontrol SW/HW full compatibility with Reaper. I found some issues and some advice to overcome them... specially for other DAWs, not so much about Reaper. I (wrongly) assumed that this was because Reaper is not the most popular DAW for NI users.

Then I knew about DrivenByMoss4Reaper, I thought it could be the solution to the issues mentioned in formums. But I did not install it because I was in the middle of a project. In fact Komplete was not installed yet.

Later Native Instruments updated Komplete Kontrol SW for better compatibility. I read in some forums that nothing is really required for full compatibility between Kontrol SW, Kontrol Hw and Reaper. I finished my project and I installed all my Native Intruments SW. Then I simply tried and... Everything worked 100% as supposed. Normal MIDI, generic MIDI controls, specific MIDI controls with their pages and names in the screens, transport controls, Komplete sound browser... Now I think I did not find specific information for Reaper users because there are LESS issues with Reaper than with other DAWs.

Today I was cleaning my computer and I saw "DrivenByMoss4Reaper" installer. My question is: provided that everything is working, is there a good reason / advantage / extra feature for Komplete Kontrol (Hw + Sw) if I install DrivenByMoss4Reaper software? Am I missing anything obvious?

Thanks a lot
The DBM4R implementation uses directly USB to read the button presses and fill the display. This gives you some new possibilities like full track names, better device support and access to the Reaper browser. The drawback is that you loose the Komplete plugin support. Since it is free you can simply give it a go and see if it is for you (make sure to use the latest version from my webpage).
Old 04-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #430
moss

Quote:
I looked into this and the crash happens when the full path to the java.dll should be converted to a wstring. What language is your Windows 10 and do you have any special characters in that path (the path of the UserPlugins)?
Could you please give this DLL a go:
http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/reaper_drivenbymoss.zip

Should at least not crash and hopefully converts the string...
Old 04-09-2019, 12:04 AM   #431
tsmaeder

Quote:
Could you please give this DLL a go:
http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/reaper_drivenbymoss.zip

Should at least not crash and hopefully converts the string...
I haven't been able to try the new dll yet, but the plugin works fine for a user that does not have any umlauts or spaces ("Thomas Mäder" vs. "thomas").

thx for the quick feedback.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:40 AM   #432
moss

Quote:
I haven't been able to try the new dll yet, but the plugin works fine for a user that does not have any umlauts or spaces ("Thomas Mäder" vs. "thomas").

I need to look into that more closely and do some testing first (no need to test with the new DLL).

Last edited by moss; 04-09-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:20 AM   #433
moss

Quote:

Third try, tested now with your user name, so should definitively work. Please give it a try: http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/reaper_drivenbymoss.zip
Old 04-10-2019, 04:18 AM   #434
parapentep70

Quote:
The DBM4R implementation uses directly USB to read the button presses and fill the display. This gives you some new possibilities like full track names, better device support and access to the Reaper browser. The drawback is that you loose the Komplete plugin support. Since it is free you can simply give it a go and see if it is for you (make sure to use the latest version from my webpage).
Ok, I see your point. Now it makes sense to me. Thanks a lot!
parapentep70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:44 AM   #435
tsmaeder

Quote:
Third try, tested now with your user name, so should definitively work. Please give it a try: http://mossgrabers.de/stuff/reaper_drivenbymoss.zip
Worksforme. Thx.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:03 AM   #436
moss

Quote:
Worksforme. Thx.
Great!
Old 04-15-2019, 09:31 PM   #437
knadles

Default Doesn't show...wrong location?

I feel pretty confident that I followed the directions correctly. I unzipped the file to the userplugins folder for Reaper application support (see attached screenshot). I also installed JAVA and rebooted. DrivenbyMoss still doesn't show up as an option in Reaper. Any thoughts on what I may be missing?

Thanks,
Pete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot.jpg (61.7 KB, 219 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 11.30.42 PM.png (39.4 KB, 205 views)
knadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 AM   #438
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by knadles View Post
I feel pretty confident that I followed the directions correctly. I unzipped the file to the userplugins folder for Reaper application support (see attached screenshot). I also installed JAVA and rebooted. DrivenbyMoss still doesn't show up as an option in Reaper. Any thoughts on what I may be missing?

Thanks,
Pete
Hi Pete,

in the latest release you do not need to install Java; it's all in the ZIP file.
The error you made was to put the files in a sub-folder (named like the ZIP file). Move all files one level up, like:

UserPlugins/reaper_drivenbymoss.lib
UserPlugins/drivenbymoss-libs
UserPlugins/java-runtime
UserPlugins/docs
Old 04-16-2019, 07:28 AM   #439
knadles

Quote:
Hi Pete,

in the latest release you do not need to install Java; it's all in the ZIP file.
The error you made was to put the files in a sub-folder (named like the ZIP file). Move all files one level up, like:

UserPlugins/reaper_drivenbymoss.lib
UserPlugins/drivenbymoss-libs
UserPlugins/java-runtime
UserPlugins/docs
Thank you so much! I'll do that first thing when I get home. I wondered if it might be something like that, but I wanted to maintain the folder structure.

I appreciate your help. I purchased one of those Icon Platform units, but frankly it's wiggy. I want to see how it runs with a decent interface before I decide if I'm keeping it.

Pete
knadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 02:19 AM   #440
moss

I released version 6.2!

• APC40
    • New: Shift mode stays active until you release the Shift key.
    • Fixed: Clip indicator was not displayed.
  • Launchpad Pro
    • Improved 2 colors.
  • Komplete Kontrol
    • Fixed: Record option "Record clip" did not start recording when transport was stopped.
    • New: Adapted to protocol version 1.9
  • Midi Monitor
    • New: Log system realtime events
    • New: Setting to filter system realtime events
  • Push 1/2
    • New: You can now tweak the speed of the knobs in the settings (Workflow -> Knob Speed Normal / Knob Speed Slow)
  • Fixed: Did crash Reaper on startup if UserPlugins folder was located in a path with non-ASCII characters.

Enjoy!