Old 03-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
GreyLion
Human being with feelings

Default WALTERed Themes offset problem

Hi, Guys,

I've been away from Reaper for awhile, but am getting back to it. I've tried loading several WALTERed themes, and they all have components with items that don't display where they're supposed to. I'm really liking WT Imperial and ReBorn, and both are unfortunately unusable because of this.

I'm running WinXP SP3 with 4 GB RAM, and a Radeon HD 6670 with the latest drivers. I seem to have a pretty stable system, with no other notable problems besides WALTER.

Sorry if this is a known issue with a known fix, but I've searched as best I can without any results.

Here's a screen shot of a piece of Reaborn, though the problem occurs throughout the themes:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReaBorn.jpg (7.1 KB, 237 views)
GreyLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
Mr. Data

Dunno really what happens there, but it might have something to do with your monitor resolution.

Some themes work properly only with a resolution of 1920x1080, but I don't know whether ReaBorn is one of them, WT Imperial surly is.

-Data
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
GreyLion

Thanks, Mr. Data! -- I guess I should have mentioned that I'm running a dual monitor setup. One is 27" and the other is 32". Both set at 1920 x 1080. The offsets happen on both of them.

I know that part of WALTER programming has to do with defining offsets.
It almost feels like there's some setting that I should know how to tweak; like in Reaper prefs or something.

I'm hesitant to just blow away the prefs and re-establish, in case something Bad happens, but maybe that's the next step to try?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Mr. Data

You could have a look at the "rtconfig.txt" that is attached to every ReaperTheme in the graphics folder. If you have a .ReaperThemeZip, you must rename it to .zip and unzip it first to get to the file.

It might also be good, to know what all that means and how it works, so you can download a themers guide at: http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reape...mers_guide.pdf.

I don't mean that you have to learn to program WALTER necessarily, but you also find information about how to fix offsets and stuff.

I assume that your two screens make one big screen that's too big to handle those offsets correctly. I also assume that, if you make the Reaper window the size of one screen (just for testing), you won't have these display errors.

-Data
Old 03-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
GreyLion

Thanks, Mr. Data!... I'll follow up on this later tonight and tomorrow. Will be back if I can't straighten things out...
Old 03-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #6
Youn

First of all, It also looks like your UI is scaled. Double check that in the Preferences > General > Advanced UI. Some themes works OK in scaled mode, but many do not, mostly due to large background images found on the transport, tcp and mcp.

Also, many themes like ReaBorn have transports that aren't designed fit a smaller window size. The background image gets squashed while the buttons stay fixed in position.

Here is my recent fix for the ReaBorn transport. It involved getting rid of the background and using overlays instead:
https://stash.reaper.fm/15709/transp.gif

You can get the theme here: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=260

Best of luck. And oh, you can import/export configurations in Preferences > General
Youn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
GreyLion

My apologies for not getting back regarding this sooner -- work has been ...challenging, of late...

Basically -- Youn is like unto a god!

As soon as the scaling was turned off, both Imperial and ReaBorn snapped into place. I'm enormously pleased and grateful. I'd likely have never found this fix on my own.

Both themes look gorgeous now, as does Youn's modded Reaborn!

Thanks, Youn!