Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 10-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #5161
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Also tried saving a NEW FILE no joy, goes thru all the motions but no new file saved.

If I go to close LearnMode it tells me things have changed and it's unsaved but clicking saved does nothing, message still comes back up.
Ooops, yup, had New File hardwired -- now broken.

Will fix.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:39 PM   #5162
Geoff Waddington

Working on New File implementation.

It would be VERY beneficial IF we can enforce a convention.

I know we like to keep it free and Reaper-like, but bear with me for a second.

When you want to add a new .zon file you must choose where to put it -- e.g. CSI/Zones/MCU.

The file dialog will have a starting folder.

Right now it will have to be CSI/Zones.

You will then have to choose the Surface.

This is dangerous and error prone

It's going to be all to easy to save the iPhone .zon file to the iPad folder.

What can we do ?

With one simple rule we can fix this.

Don't forget you can ignore this rule if you don't use Learn Mode.

The rule is simple.

Control surface .mst/.ost names must match Zone root folders.

So CSI/Surfaces/Midi/MCU.mst will have a counterpart CSI/Zones/MCU folder.

This way, when we present the file dialog, you will be dropped right to the root folder for this surface.

You can of course drill down however you wish from here for a location to save the new file.

Just sayin' I think a LOT of grief, frustration, and confusion will be avoided if New File drops you at the right Zone folder for the Surface, rather than forcing you to choose.

However, to make this work -- and we already do this in the shipped structure BTW -- we just have to enforce this one convention (rule)

What say you ?
Old 10-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #5163
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
What say you ?
Fine by me I think the the direct tie-in between the Surface name and the Zone folder makes things easier to understand.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #5164
Freex

Sounds good, makes sense.

Am I right in this example,
You have FXZones in manufacturers folders, and all works.
You go into learn mode and save, it saves a new version in the "Main" folder rather than the manufacturer "sub" folder.
So I'd end up with 2 of the same fxzone, i'd then get a warning, but I could then delete/move as appropriate.

If this is the case all would be fine.

Last edited by Freex; 10-06-2019 at 02:32 AM.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 04:29 AM   #5165
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Sounds good, makes sense.

Am I right in this example,
You have FXZones in manufacturers folders, and all works.
You go into learn mode and save, it saves a new version in the "Main" folder rather than the manufacturer "sub" folder.
So I'd end up with 2 of the same fxzone, i'd then get a warning, but I could then delete/move as appropriate.

If this is the case all would be fine.
Not quite, it opens a file dialog pointing directly at the main (root) Zone for the surface.

You are then free to navigate to any subfolder you want from there.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:38 AM   #5166
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

New File implemented -- well... primitively.. with a workaround...

Geeky tech deets -- there is a Reaper API to choose a file, but none that I can find to choose a folder.

So, for now the workaround is to use the file chooser and fake it by choosing a file in the folder in which you wish to save your new Zone file.

We then strip off the file name, and use the folder path portion for the new file.

For this to work, there has to BE a .zon file present from which you can "steal" the path.

There is now a ReaComp.zon in every Zone folder in the build, so you can just choose that.

If you make subfolders, don't forget to put a dummy .zon file in your subfolder until this is straightened out, so that you can choose the folder.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:41 AM   #5167
Freex

Quote:
Not quite, it opens a file dialog pointing directly at the main (root) Zone for the surface.

You are then free to navigate to any subfolder you want from there.
Even better.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #5168
tdc

Default Inconsistence Data

Hi Folks, new CSI user who is looking to move from the Avid walled garden to Reaper. Key to my workflow a function control surface, and so I am of course drawn to Geoff's CSI. At present I have an Avid S3 and Transport, and am trying to build a Reaper based solution. I suspect that the S3 will be sold and replaced by a 16-24 fader bank as it is not well supported via HUI / MCU. (the top 16 encoders are not addressable it seems)

I have created some surfaces using Lemur and its worked as expected, apart from data being dropped somewhere in Reaper/CSI. I have created a simple Patch that has a Fader and a button, and is successfully switching focus on selecting a new track. My Test Reaper session has only three tracks and one audio file so CPU is 1-2%. When I am recording automation I was noticing that the response was a little laggy at times and seemed to drop data.

To rule out Lemur and Wifi, I built a MaxMSP Patch that generates a sinusoidal ramp and spits this out at 14bit. CSI is happily receiving this via internal MIDI routing (so no Wifi) but the results are the same as the Lemur-Wifi input. Inconsistent data being received and recorded as you can see in the screenshot. I tried changing the 15hz rate up and down and this didnt remedy the inconsistency.

Any thoughts? Is this a byproduct of the various scripts that CSI needs or something else do you think? I should note that this machine is my performance machine and is usually running Ableton and MaxMSP with oodles of internal MIDI, and until Reaper/CSI, I have not seen this dropping data issue before.

Thanks for your thoughts, tdc.

MacOS 10.14.3 / MBP / Reaper 5.983 / CSI latest.
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:47 PM   #5169
mschnell

The S3 seems to be rather expensive, hence replacing it seems quite steep to me.

Why do you think the top encoders don't work ? Don't you see them sending data in the CSI event log window ?

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-07-2019 at 02:13 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:25 AM   #5170
Freex

Still no save using windows 7

Anyone else on WINDOWS7 able to confirm?

Last edited by Freex; 10-07-2019 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:13 AM   #5171
tdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
The S3 seems to be rather expensive, hence replacing it seems quite steep to me.
Rationale is to sell the S3, and buy a more appropriate controller. S3 has held its value well so I ought to not lose too much.

Quote:
Why do you think the to encoders don't work ? Don't you see them sending data in the CSI event log window ?
S3 has 32 encoders, only bottom 16 are used in HUI / MCU mode it seems.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:16 AM   #5172
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
S3 has 32 encoders, only bottom 16 are used in HUI / MCU mode it seems.
Forcing MCU compatibility might be restricting regarding the functionality of the hardware. As CSI can be configured too use close any input (Midi or OSC), it might be viable to use a different "mode",

No clue at all about the functionality of the S3, but using an XTouch Compact that also can be started in two different modes (Native and MCU), with of which can be used with CSI, as some preliminary tests did show. In MCU mode some of rotaries are not functional, but only used as buttons.

-Michael
Old 10-07-2019, 04:22 AM   #5173
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Folks, new CSI user who is looking to move from the Avid walled garden to Reaper. Key to my workflow a function control surface, and so I am of course drawn to Geoff's CSI. At present I have an Avid S3 and Transport, and am trying to build a Reaper based solution. I suspect that the S3 will be sold and replaced by a 16-24 fader bank as it is not well supported via HUI / MCU. (the top 16 encoders are not addressable it seems)

I have created some surfaces using Lemur and its worked as expected, apart from data being dropped somewhere in Reaper/CSI. I have created a simple Patch that has a Fader and a button, and is successfully switching focus on selecting a new track. My Test Reaper session has only three tracks and one audio file so CPU is 1-2%. When I am recording automation I was noticing that the response was a little laggy at times and seemed to drop data.

To rule out Lemur and Wifi, I built a MaxMSP Patch that generates a sinusoidal ramp and spits this out at 14bit. CSI is happily receiving this via internal MIDI routing (so no Wifi) but the results are the same as the Lemur-Wifi input. Inconsistent data being received and recorded as you can see in the screenshot. I tried changing the 15hz rate up and down and this didnt remedy the inconsistency.

Any thoughts? Is this a byproduct of the various scripts that CSI needs or something else do you think? I should note that this machine is my performance machine and is usually running Ableton and MaxMSP with oodles of internal MIDI, and until Reaper/CSI, I have not seen this dropping data issue before.

Thanks for your thoughts, tdc.

MacOS 10.14.3 / MBP / Reaper 5.983 / CSI latest.
What automation mode are you using ?
Old 10-07-2019, 04:24 AM   #5174
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Forcing MCU compatibility might be restricting regarding the functionality of the hardware. As CSI can be configured too use close any input (Midi or OSC), it might be viable to use a different "mode",

No clue at all about the functionality of the S3, but using an XTouch Compact that also can be started in two different modes (Native and MCU), with of which can be used with CSI, as some preliminary tests did show. In MCU mode some of rotaries are not functional, but only used as buttons.

-Michael
The S3 is a EuCon based controller/interface that can do EuCon, HUI, and MCU (very limited), no OSC.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:29 AM   #5175
tdc

Quote:
What automation mode are you using ?
Hi Geoff, for that screenshot and test it was Latch, as the Midi or OSC source wasnt doing FaderIsTouched commands.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:00 AM   #5176
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Hi Geoff, for that screenshot and test it was Latch, as the Midi or OSC source wasnt doing FaderIsTouched commands.
Yup, makes sense, what happens if you use Write mode ?

[edit] One more thing... make sure you have Input and Output monitoring turned off (unchecked).

What frequency is that sine wave ?

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 10-07-2019 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:46 AM   #5177
tdc

Quote:
Yup, makes sense, what happens if you use Write mode ?

[edit] One more thing... make sure you have Input and Output monitoring turned off (unchecked).

What frequency is that sine wave ?
Yes, I tried various modes. The freq was tried across many frequencies (0.001 hz to 10hz) to try and see if there was some aliasing occurring with an internal Reaper refresh rate or something like that, but there appeared to be no pattern, and the errors look randomly placed.

I also tried direct connection using Reaper, and not CSI and the behaviour was the same. Even using a mouse and the Mixer fader shows this behaviour so I am beginning to think its an inherent aspect of the design coupled with my (perhaps too fastidious) expectations.

Leaping back to my Pro Tools rig, all movements were recorded as I would expect, so perhaps I am just expecting too much.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:49 AM   #5178
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yes, I tried various modes. The freq was tried across many frequencies (0.001 hz to 10hz) to try and see if there was some aliasing occurring with an internal Reaper refresh rate or something like that, but there appeared to be no pattern, and the errors look randomly placed.

I also tried direct connection using Reaper, and not CSI and the behaviour was the same. Even using a mouse and the Mixer fader shows this behaviour so I am beginning to think its an inherent aspect of the design coupled with my (perhaps too fastidious) expectations.

Leaping back to my Pro Tools rig, all movements were recorded as I would expect, so perhaps I am just expecting too much.
Thanks for the testing -- good to know.

We concentrated on performance from the start -- here's a demo from about a year and a half ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ravhFzHcYKI

You asked earlier about scripts, in the demo you see they are loaded on demand, but now every definition loads to ram on Reaper launch, it's a lot faster now than in the 1420 track torture test video linked above

The goal is to have CSI as "invisible" as possible, performance wise.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #5179
fabguitar69

Quote:
Still no save using windows 7

Anyone else on WINDOWS7 able to confirm?
i confirm : i can only save new zone in zone file widget+avtion are not record.
Is it possible to add modifier for rotary like linear, log anti log because there is the same number of steps between 0 and 100hz and between 1000 and 1100 hertz !!
thank you !!
fabguitar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #5180
mschnell

Quote:
EuCon, HUI
I am not familiar with theses. Are they using Midi (Like MCU) , TCP/IP (like OSC) or completely different low level streams ? Is CIS supposed to deal with those ?

-Michael
Old 10-09-2019, 05:11 AM   #5181
Freex

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabguitar69 View Post
i confirm : i can only save new zone in zone file widget+avtion are not record.
Yeah just checked the NewFile myself, and confirmed, File is created but that's it.

Inside file
Code:
Zone "VST: ReaComp (Cockos)" "ReComp"
ZoneEnd
No FXParam saved
Old 10-11-2019, 01:29 AM   #5182
sivert_h

Loving CSI so far! I've been using an older file from June 29th, and it's been working fine for me so far.
Tried updating to the latest one (October 6th), but there's an issue where the pan and width is linked, adjusting the pan knob on my controller also adjusts width. On the old dylib file pressing the pan knob button would switch from pan to width and back.

Also in the newest version, how do I get CSI to map sends to faders when I press the Flip Fader button on my controller?
sivert_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:58 AM   #5183
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

You still have to do the "get folder" dance at the beginning of a New File -- this allows you to put the .zon file where you want, so it's staying until we can make it better

A word about MapSelected/MapFocused -- When you add a new file you also must state the initial Zone -- now you must also choose Navigator -- make sure to choose Selected if you are using MapSelected... or things won't work real time

Same goes for Add Zone.

Also, Win 7 folks please let me know how things are now.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 10-11-2019 at 04:08 AM.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:07 AM   #5184
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivert_h View Post
Loving CSI so far! I've been using an older file from June 29th, and it's been working fine for me so far.
Tried updating to the latest one (October 6th), but there's an issue where the pan and width is linked, adjusting the pan knob on my controller also adjusts width. On the old dylib file pressing the pan knob button would switch from pan to width and back.

Also in the newest version, how do I get CSI to map sends to faders when I press the Flip Fader button on my controller?
What surface are you using ?

Which .mst are you using ?

What folder are you using ?
Old 10-11-2019, 05:05 AM   #5185
sivert_h

Quote:
What surface are you using ?

Which .mst are you using ?

What folder are you using ?
Surface is iCon Platform M+.
I made my own .mst based of the MCU.mst but both have the same issue.
Not sure what you mean by folder? EDIT: Zone folder? Same here, made one based of the MCU.zon, but again same issue happens for both.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:12 AM   #5186
Freex

Quote:

Also, Win 7 folks please let me know how things are now.
It took a really long time (and lots of clicks) before the zone displayed,

but glad to report save is now working and no crash on delete from zone.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:36 AM   #5187
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Surface is iCon Platform M+.
I made my own .mst based of the MCU.mst but both have the same issue.
Not sure what you mean by folder? EDIT: Zone folder? Same here, made one based of the MCU.zon, but again same issue happens for both.
Please post the content of your .mst and and .zon files.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:38 AM   #5188
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
It took a really long time (and lots of clicks) before the zone displayed,

but glad to report save is now working and no crash on delete from zone.
Great !!

Still work to do on this, but glad that you at least have something that is working.

Does it allow you to add a mapping in the centre window and test it immediately, like Midi Learn interfaces do ?
Old 10-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #5189
sivert_h

Quote:
Please post the content of your .mst and and .zon files.
I figured it out! I had made a copying error when updating my old .mst with the new MCU.mst. Pan/Width is no longer linked.

Next: How can I update the .mst so that the Flip button on my controller switches between Send levels and Fader levels? Right now I can get Flip to enable sends on fader, but not to go back from sends to regular faders.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #5190
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Next: How can I update the .mst so that the Flip button on my controller switches between Send levels and Fader levels? Right now I can get Flip to enable sends on fader, but not to go back from sends to regular faders.
Please post the content of your .mst file and any .zon files you use.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:12 AM   #5191
Freex

Quote:
Does it allow you to add a mapping in the centre window and test it immediately, like Midi Learn interfaces do ?
Yes, that's working immediately, without any need to save, perfect.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:54 AM   #5192
sivert_h

Quote:
Please post the content of your .mst file and any .zon files you use.
Zon file:
Code:
Zone Home
	Flip MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		Buttons
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
	Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
	Track ToggleMapSelectedTrackFXMenu
	Pan ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX
        ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
	Rewind Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play
	Record Record
	F1 NextPage

smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Read Reaper _RS1fcf3fcd541b9e07c39a6740feb04c4370f53922 //Cycle Read modes script
	Write Reaper _RSe3f1cb97ca1d272b089f230db6475443ebf92938 //Cycle Write modes script
	Trim TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Group Reaper 42023

Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode 1
	Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode 3
	Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode 0
	Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode 2
	Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode 4
	Shift+Group Reaper 42024

Save Reaper 40026
	Shift+Save Reaper 40022

Undo Reaper 40029
	Shift+Undo Reaper 40030

Shift Shift
	Option Option
	Control Control
	Alt Alt

Mixer Reaper 40078
	Shift+Marker Reaper 40157
	Option+Marker Reaper 40174

Nudge Reaper 40173
	Cycle CycleTimeline
	Click Reaper 40364

MasterFader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayLower|  TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayUpper|  TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackVolumeDisplay
	RotaryPush| GoZone PanWidth|
	Rotary| TrackPan 0
	RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	Select|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  TrackSelect
	Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
	Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
	Fader|  TrackVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
	RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|1-8
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone FXMenu|1-4
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  FXNameDisplay |
	RotaryPush| GoFXSlot |
ZoneEnd
Mst file: https://pastebin.com/Sjh8NSiB
Old 10-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #5193
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Yes, that's working immediately, without any need to save, perfect.
OK, so what isn't working now on Win 7 ?
Old 10-11-2019, 12:43 PM   #5194
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Zon file:
Code:
Zone Home
	Flip MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	OnTrackSelection MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		Buttons
		Channel|1-8
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone Buttons
	Send ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
	Flip ToggleMapSelectedTrackSends
	Track ToggleMapSelectedTrackFXMenu
	Pan ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX
        ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
	ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	BankLeft TrackBank -8
	BankRight TrackBank 8
	Rewind Rewind
	FastForward FastForward
	Stop Stop
	Play Play
	Record Record
	F1 NextPage

smpteBeats CycleTimeDisplayModes
	TimeDisplay TimeDisplay

Read Reaper _RS1fcf3fcd541b9e07c39a6740feb04c4370f53922 //Cycle Read modes script
	Write Reaper _RSe3f1cb97ca1d272b089f230db6475443ebf92938 //Cycle Write modes script
	Trim TrackAutoMode 0
	Touch TrackAutoMode 2
	Latch TrackAutoMode 4
	Group Reaper 42023

Shift+Read GlobalAutoMode 1
	Shift+Write GlobalAutoMode 3
	Shift+Trim GlobalAutoMode 0
	Shift+Touch GlobalAutoMode 2
	Shift+Latch GlobalAutoMode 4
	Shift+Group Reaper 42024

Save Reaper 40026
	Shift+Save Reaper 40022

Undo Reaper 40029
	Shift+Undo Reaper 40030

Shift Shift
	Option Option
	Control Control
	Alt Alt

Mixer Reaper 40078
	Shift+Marker Reaper 40157
	Option+Marker Reaper 40174

Nudge Reaper 40173
	Cycle CycleTimeline
	Click Reaper 40364

MasterFader MasterTrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone Channel|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayLower|  TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayUpper|  TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackVolumeDisplay
	Rotary| TrackPan 0
	RecordArm|  TrackRecordArm
	Solo|  TrackSolo
	Mute| TrackMute
	Select|  TrackUniqueSelect
	Shift+Select|  TrackRangeSelect
	Control+Select|  TrackSelect
	Shift+Control+Select| TogglePin
	Option+Select| TrackFolderDive
	Fader|  TrackVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone Pan|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPan 0
ZoneEnd

Zone PanWidth|1-8
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| TrackPanWidth 1
	RotaryPush| GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

Zone Send|1-8
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  TrackSendNameDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayUpper|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
	Mute| TrackSendMute
	Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	TrackTouch+Fader|  TrackSendVolume
	FaderTouch|  TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone FXMenu|1-4
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  FXNameDisplay |
	RotaryPush| GoFXSlot |
ZoneEnd
Mst file: https://pastebin.com/Sjh8NSiB
Ok, you need to upgrade your .mst -- PressRelease is no longer valid -- use Press instead, CSI figures it out since there are 2 midi messages.

Also note the changes I made to your Zone, that should get you going.

Don't forget you need to Select a Track.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:00 AM   #5195
Freex

Quote:
OK, so what isn't working now on Win 7 ?

As far as LearnMode goes, I think everything is sorted,

So far, so good.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:01 AM   #5196
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
As far as LearnMode goes, I think everything is sorted,

So far, so good.
Excellent, thanks for being the Win 7 tester

Ok, so anything left in Learn Mode will be considered bugs, I'm sure they are lurking, it's hardly tested at all, pretty fresh code

Now on to fix modifiers....
Old 10-12-2019, 03:02 AM   #5197
sivert_h

Quote:
Ok, you need to upgrade your .mst -- PressRelease is no longer valid -- use Press instead, CSI figures it out since there are 2 midi messages.

Also note the changes I made to your Zone, that should get you going.

Don't forget you need to Select a Track.
That works perfectly, thank you!
Old 10-12-2019, 04:08 AM   #5198
Geoff Waddington

FYI -- just did a performance test, now that our feature set is coming together.

!420 Track torture test:

The Run loop -- the time CSI uses to do it's thing is averaging about 3 msec per run -- at a 15 Hz surface refresh rate that's about 50 msec total time -- about 5% of every second.

It's quite linear and drops to about .3 msec pre run with 150 Tracks -- at 15Hz surface refresh rate that's about .5% of every second.

CSI "footprint" remains sufficiently within design goals
Old 10-12-2019, 05:03 AM   #5199
mschnell

That does sound GREAT !!!
-Michael
Old 10-12-2019, 05:45 AM   #5200
rothchild

Is there any sense of when folder diving and advanced navigation will come on to the menu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothchild View Post
I've been musing on the 'cadillac solution' for diving / navigating a few features and have an initial idea to present. I've skipped groups for now as I don't use them a lot so don't have use cases but I do use a lot of folders and sends (and would like to use more VCAs) as much as the detail of the which button it should be (although I think what I've done is relatively intuitive) this is about a consistent working method.

I'm sure once it touches anything like reality all the issues will surface but for now I think this could be a workable start.

‘Cadillac’ MCU folder management
(Klinke behaviour is the baseline here.)

Global View pages up / back a menu level

Track mode Default (pan surround) = show top level track/folder (regular track view)
Press and hold select = dive to folder (keep folder track to left and children to right)

Press Track (latch VCA master view mode) and press select to see VCAs
Hold select to dive to VCA master

Hold track and press select to see VCA slaves
Hold select to dive to VCA slave

Press Send (latch send view mode) and press select track to see all sends
Hold select to dive to send

Hold send and press select track to see all receives
Hold send and hold track select to dive to receive
rothchild is offline   Reply With Quote