Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 06-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
Saltamontes
Human being with feelings

Default Emu 1616 and ADA8000 -clicks

Hi all.

I'm having a bit of trouble in that I'm getting clicks when I try to get 14 channels into Reaper.

Increasing the latency makes no odds. It's fine up to 12, but if I add another it just results in these spontaneous clicks, across seemingly random channels.

These show up if I arm the tracks and monitor the inputs. It makes no difference if I unarm some tracks, but instantly disappears if I delete any ASIO send from the EMU patchmix mixer application.

Any help would be much appreciated.

For further info, trying to obtain 3 microphone inputs and 7 ADAT inputs. ASIO only operates in stereo channels as I recall, hence the 14 channels I need in total. Is there some limitation I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.
Saltamontes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
Justin
Administrator

Make sure the ADAT output of the Emu1616 goes to the input of the Ada8k, and make sure the ada8k's clock is set to slave to the adat input. Likewise make sure the emu1616 is set to be the master clock... alternatively if the 1616 has a bnc clock connector on it you could synchronize them to an external clock that way...

-Justin
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
Diogenes

Justin is right on about connecting the ADAT Out from the 1616 to In on the ADA8000. Unfortunately, the bozos at EMU dropped the WC option with the 1616 series. I have an 1820M + ADA8000 and I use the Wordclock synch. Smooth as glass man... AND if I want to change sample rate to/from 44.1 to 48 or back, I don't have to dig around behind the ADA8000 and move that stupid little switch. The EMU boys messed up ditching that synch option IMO.

D
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #4
Saltamontes

Thanks very much to both of you. I've taken your advice and I'm still getting those clicks when I go up from 12 to 14.

To clarify, I now have ADAT cables both into and out of the soundcard, EMU 1616 set as master, with ADA8k set as slave. Both display being 'locked'.

I've replicated exactly the same clicking results in Cubase, so I'm thinking it's something on the EMU end, so I'm going to head over to there forums and see what I can find...

Thanks very much and if anyone has anything else to add that'd be grand.

Thanks again,

M
Saltamontes is offline   Reply With Quote