Old 03-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #841
SerchOH
Human being with feelings

Hi everyone! I┤m new to both reaper and the forum, so far impressed by both program and this amazing community!

It's honesty night and day, coming from protools.

I┤m having real trouble getting my MCU pro to work with Reaper. I downloaded Klinke┤s plugin but it just won't work. However, if I select HUI (limited) mode in reaper instead of Klinke┤s MC, it gets the faders, pan knobs and track names working. Not much more than that.

When I turn on my MCU pro, its screen shows "loading HUI emulator"... I think this is because HUI was the protocol it used to work with protools (worked fine actually). Anyone knows if there┤s a way to "reset" the unit so it stops loading that HUI configuration when it boots? I think that┤s the reason why I┤m having no success with Klinke┤s plugin.

Thanks very much in advance!

EDIT:
I found the way to change it, very straight forward but I didn┤t find it in the MCU pro┤s manual, I guess I overlooked it. Found it in youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OqpCsvFEGE

Press the 2 first select buttons in the unit lets you select the operation mode.

Last edited by SerchOH; 03-30-2020 at 01:20 PM.
SerchOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #842
nightscope

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:24 AM   #843
SerchOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post

ns
Thanks mate, I found the same video yesterday!

Working veery nice, thank you all, specially @Klinke !
SerchOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #844
jadedsean

Default Faderport V2

Hi guys, i have the Faderport V2 for two years now and it was functioning 50% of the time, today i was on a mission to once for all fix this issue and then stumbled upon this thread. I downloaded MUC Klinke and installed as the instructions say and also updated my V2 and too my horror noting works now. Is there anyone who can help resolve this issue? I read on a different thread i must set my input and output to logic which confused me because i don't see in my setup. Here is the instructions i followed.

"I figured it out. Kinda.

I was originall using a NanoKontrol 2 as a surface controller for Reaper so I had to install MCU Klinke V0.8 to get it to work. PS. it sucks. But while I was reading about .DLL files I found the faderport 2018 uses the the MCU .DLL terribly. Anyway I changed which DAW the Faderport is going to use (by holding the Next button while starting it up) to the Logic setup and HOLY ******* **** it worked. Everything works. Its a little spotty when it comes to the stop button, but other than that its perfectly fine.

TLR - Download the MCU Klinke V0.8 ( havent tried V0.8.3) and change the Faderports input to Logic (hold down Next on startup and press mute ( I think?) and under control surfaces go to Mackie Control Universal Klinke and set the MIDI in/out to Faderport and Boom.

Let me know if anyone else gets it working"
jadedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:45 AM   #845
Beginner

Hello,

I use Reaper with a Mackie Control Universal Pro with appropriate extenders. Version 3.0.0. By the way, an upgrade to 4.x is unfortunately not possible as I found out.

I could integrate the "Mackie Control Klinke" tool with my Mackie Control and use the extended functions. But the connection does not work with my two extenders. I know the problem is known. It has been a while and I wanted to ask if there is already a further development?
As wonderful as the ""Mackie Control Klinke"" tool is, I use the generic Reaper connection because I need my two extenders.

I would be very happy if there is already something new in this regard or already
other solutions are on the way.

Many greetings from Germany
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #846
nightscope

v0.6.4 works with extenders, I think. v8.0/4 doesn't.

ns

PS = https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:09 AM   #847
Beginner

Yes that's true, but with very limited features and without
the ingenious "Track Settings Editor". Unfortunately!

Last edited by Beginner; 05-11-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #848
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
I would be very happy if there is already something new in this regard or already other solutions are on the way.
Have you checked DrivenByMoss4Reaper (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206610)?

I plan to work on a final release soon, but this release will bring only some small improvements, and for sure no support for extenders.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:03 AM   #849
tomo34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I plan to work on a final release soon, but this release will bring only some small improvements, and for sure no support for extenders.
Thanks Klinke that you are still making something with this great soft !!!
tomo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:52 AM   #850
Beginner

Hello again,

first of all, thank you Klinke for the answer.

Regarding your recommendation I have installed "DrivenByMoss4Reaper ".

Everything according to instructions and I have to say that it does not work for me. The controllers do not do everything as described and behave very strange. Everything a little bit creepy. I took it out of my configuration immediately. So briefly for me no solution. I wonder how to implement it on Java today. There are better ones.
It's a pity that there is no extender development planned for "Klinke Tool". Which I can understand, because the development is connected with an extreme expenditure of time, which again is not recompensed at expenditures.

But it's a pity that it is just the way it is.

Many greetings
Old 05-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #851
musicbynumbers

Hey Klinke!

Just to say "thanks again" for your amazing plugin!

I've attached some studio photos to show how I'm now using it

It's actually worked out really well that there is the old version (for multiple units) and the new one as I've used the old one to give me 24 basic channels for mixing and then I've got another X touch on the left with the plugin window on a touchscreen above it and I use this with the much fancier new MCU version you did for mostly doing plugin control as the mapping function gives me exactly what I need and for actions etc Oh, and for the excellent folder option.

I'll donate a bit more again to you soon to reiterate on how important and powerful this extension has become to my workflow! Hope things are going well! All the best. MBN

Photos in link below - especially the new one with the left side x-touch
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ux...TrfwprtNCwm3m4

Old 05-23-2020, 04:57 AM   #852
musicbynumbers

hmm. How do I donate to you now? I don't see a paypal link or anything.