Old 03-02-2015, 06:15 AM   #1
Shan
Human being with feelings
 
Shan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,277
Default WALTER: pantext_flags?

I know we have "*_voltext_flags x y" to format the volume text. Does such a thing also exist for pan?



If not, could these strings be changed via Localization?

Shane
Attached Images
File Type: png panString.png (10.0 KB, 564 views)
__________________
"Music should be performed by the musician not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
Shan
Human being with feelings
 
Shan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,277
Default

After checking out some language packs, it looks like I can do these via localization, unless WALTER has some type of pantext flags of course.

Shane
__________________
"Music should be performed by the musician not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM
Shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:00 AM   #3
Eraz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Hello, would like to accomplish the same. Want to display "C" instead of Center and L100 instead of 100%L on the tcp pan label. Is there a way to to that? Even with localization?

thanks
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:49 AM   #4
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,156
Default

A good question. And I wish I knew the answer.

I, too, would be interested in being able to alter the way pan text is show.



I have raised two similar posts recently,

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=228821

and

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229619

These are similar requests.

It seems to me that the reference documentation has not kept up with the actual software.


I wonder if it might also be worth raising a "Feature Request," on behalf of theme developers, asking for all reference documentation to be brought up to date.
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:06 AM   #5
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,156
Default

I have now raised a feature request asking for all the theme documentation to be brought up to date;

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229969
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:14 AM   #6
Eraz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I have now raised a feature request asking for all the theme documentation to be brought up to date;

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229969
Thank you Syn for doing that!
So do you maybe now how Shan would've done the pantext translation via localization?
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:14 PM   #7
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraz View Post
So do you maybe now how Shan would've done the pantext translation via localization?
I am afraid not, sorry.
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #8
oneammonday
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 28
Default

Good idea, Synkotron. Thanks for that. I wanted to do that a while back when I was playing around with making themes, but I'm flighty, (attention span of a gnat). Good luck and have fun.
oneammonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:13 PM   #9
Eraz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I have now raised a feature request asking for all the theme documentation to be brought up to date;

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229969
Thank you for raising the FR!
Would you mind letting us know here if you have any news about that?
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #10
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraz View Post
Would you mind letting us know here if you have any news about that?
I'm sorry, but I have done all I can.

That post is slowly disappearing to page two of the Feature Request forum with just one response and over 150 views, so the powers that be can only assume that no one cares.
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:40 AM   #11
Eraz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Maybe White Tie could chime in if that is even possible?
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:41 AM   #12
Eraz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I'm sorry, but I have done all I can.

That post is slowly disappearing to page two of the Feature Request forum with just one response and over 150 views, so the powers that be can only assume that no one cares.
I found 2 ways to tweak the pan text.

1) is by using a languagepack template, and only changing "center" to a custom word, or even none at all. Just

- download the language file https://landoleet.org/i8n/template_r...ReaperLangPack
- replace ;3BEB0AE437FA2F12=center with 3BEB0AE437FA2F12= <YOUR CUSTOM "CENTER" WORD> (remove the ";")
- load your template in Reaper as a language
- everything looks as it was before, just center is exchanged

Unfortunately you cannot change the 100%R 100%L format like this.

2) By editing the hex code of the Reaper.exe: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=177145
This way you can get rid of the "%"-sign too

Option 2 is less preferable though. Would prefer a native solution to this.
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:47 AM   #13
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraz View Post
1) is by using a languagepack template, and only changing "center" to a custom word, or even none at all. Just

- download the language file https://landoleet.org/i8n/template_r...ReaperLangPack
- replace ;3BEB0AE437FA2F12=center with 3BEB0AE437FA2F12= <YOUR CUSTOM "CENTER" WORD> (remove the ";")
- load your template in Reaper as a language
- everything looks as it was before, just center is exchanged
Interesting

I will have a look at that, thanks
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 04:09 AM   #14
synkrotron
Human being with feelings
 
synkrotron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Warrington, UK
Posts: 1,156
Default

I thought I'd do some more research before attempting this as I didn't want to break something.

In the Preferences dialogue box, under General, the very first setting is for language, and there is a link to download language packs. So I had a look at that. It takes you here:-

https://www.cockos.com/reaper/langpack/

And there is a link to a UK language pack, so I downloaded that and opened it in notepad.

The edit you mention is already done, as well as a load of other stuff.

I placed the language pack in the correct folder so that it would show up in the preferences drop down, selected it and restarted REAPER.

So now my pan text looks like this:-




Thanks for pointing this out Eraz


cheers

andy
__________________
Bandcamp // YouTube // SoundCloud
synkrotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 04:40 AM   #15
Eraz
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
I thought I'd do some more research before attempting this as I didn't want to break something.

In the Preferences dialogue box, under General, the very first setting is for language, and there is a link to download language packs. So I had a look at that. It takes you here:-

https://www.cockos.com/reaper/langpack/

And there is a link to a UK language pack, so I downloaded that and opened it in notepad.

The edit you mention is already done, as well as a load of other stuff.

I placed the language pack in the correct folder so that it would show up in the preferences drop down, selected it and restarted REAPER.

So now my pan text looks like this:-




Thanks for pointing this out Eraz


cheers

andy
You're welcome
Eraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.