Old 04-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
archkali
Human being with feelings

Default Pin Tracks to Top

* Request
Like in Cubase or Excel - the ability to choose certain tracks to pin to the top that do not scroll with other tracks. For example a video track and the current focus track

* Benefit
The ability to see at all times the chosen pinned tracks while scrolling through potentially hundreds of other tracks. This would also help in post-production with a video track.

* Reason
When scrolling I can't easily see the track I am referencing against. I can create shortcuts to collapse tracks etc, but to my knowledge, this feature does not currently exists in Reaper. It does in Cubase Pro though.

* Implementation Suggestion
I would be able to freeze a track position - in Excel or Google spreadsheets this is called "freeze x number of rows" and those will be visible regardless of scrolling.

Thanks for looking
archkali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 07:58 PM   #2
Kenny Gioia

I think this has already been requested along with his brother, multiple mixers.
Kenny Gioia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 09:21 PM   #3
chema001

Quote:
Originally Posted by archkali View Post
* Request
Like in Cubase or Excel - the ability to choose certain tracks to pin to the top that do not scroll with other tracks. For example a video track and the current focus track

* Benefit
The ability to see at all times the chosen pinned tracks while scrolling through potentially hundreds of other tracks. This would also help in post-production with a video track.

* Reason
When scrolling I can't easily see the track I am referencing against. I can create shortcuts to collapse tracks etc, but to my knowledge, this feature does not currently exists in Reaper. It does in Cubase Pro though.

* Implementation Suggestion
I would be able to freeze a track position - in Excel or Google spreadsheets this is called "freeze x number of rows" and those will be visible regardless of scrolling.

Thanks for looking

Cool. It would be great.
chema001 is online now   Reply With Quote