Old 03-06-2020, 10:09 AM   #441
Thonex
Human being with feelings

Mind blowing!
Thonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:04 PM   #442
wjmwpg

Seriously love that Stockholm. Hopefully there's a way forward that suits everyone. Would be a shame for it to die on the table.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:34 PM   #443
birdlives1955

Default What happened?

Hey y'all, I don't mean to stir up any old flames or anything, just honestly asking: What happened here? This was such a cool theme, I loved the old Imperial theme for Reaper. What caused the developer to become upset and cease development? I hope they finish the new version someday. Looked so cool in the previews...
birdlives1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #444
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlives1955 View Post
Hey y'all, I don't mean to stir up any old flames or anything, just honestly asking: What happened here? This was such a cool theme, I loved the old Imperial theme for Reaper. What caused the developer to become upset and cease development? I hope they finish the new version someday. Looked so cool in the previews...
read posts #427 & #434 on page #11 of this thread.

::
lucas_LCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:08 AM   #445
birdlives1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
read posts #427 & #434 on page #11 of this thread.

::
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I had seen that, but I didn't understand it... Did WT mean that a user named "coachz" posted again in the thread against his directions? Because I didn't see a user with that screen name posting after post #427, unless it was removed by a moderator before I noticed it...

Either way, that's super too bad, because this theme was super awesome. I used it exclusively when I was using Reaper a lot. I know, mix with your ears, but there was nothing more badass than the WT Imperial theme in the land of DAWS! I'd pay for it. Especially this updated version which looked so amazing. And I can't believe it was free to begin with... Such talent out there in the world.

Anyway, I hope this resumes at some point down the road. Thanks for sharing your talents WT!

Cheers.
birdlives1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 03:57 AM   #446
jeranx

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Sorry folks, it seems my terms were rejected.

I'll think about it again some other time.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
...to get angry that they haven't received updates to their free theme ...sheeesh.
Indeed, why don't you pay us for testing it.
I hope you didn't take this one from me for something serious.
jeranx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 05:29 AM   #447
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedjit bwoy View Post
Yes indeed- it's the reason i never upgraded reaper license fwiw.. terrible decision? from the powers that be imo.A real shame to be honest.
White tie must be gutted,along with all the users that clearly wanted this theme! smh.
I don't see how White Tie would be gutted; it was his decision to put the development of this theme on hold. Nothing to do with any "powers that be".

He found the attitude of some users posting in this thread off-putting enough to drop work on the theme for the foreseeable future. That is all there is to it.

The WALTER code is still there for the taking, and he has provided graphical assets in his modders' supply pack. Everything is there for anyone to pick up and run with, they just can't use the image assets from this theme.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #448
Judders

Quote:
Hmmm.. well not everybody wants to or can programme anything- they just want to use.. and if the images are not there..it's all about imagery eh? the looks of themes?

Not so much the function. People want great looking stuff,not just text style editors all the time??
WhiteTie even mentioned "Work on this theme may resume soon, if time allows." which gives some hope..there's always hope right?
Sure! He hasn't said that it will definitely never happen.

Just saying that it was all White Tie's decision, and there was no conspiracy by "the powers that be".
Old 04-05-2020, 12:04 PM   #449
Judders

Quote:
Are you a mind reader or someone that interacts with these guys 1 to 1?
I would consider whitetie a power to be.
Would you not?
maybe if this theme appears (within the next ten years or so?) will rea_consider rea_licensing
Obviously a theme makes 0 difference to inputs+outputs,but it sure does look pretty!
I obviously misconstrued your post. I thought you meant White Tie must be gutted because someone stopped him from releasing this theme. Sorry.