Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 05-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #1
Human being with feelings

Default how to delete plugins \ how to insert midi track without affecting its tempo?

So I have 2 different questions, I thought it would be better to ask them in one thread.

1) How to completely delete plugins? back in a day I collected lots of freebies but use only 10% of them and they really make my navigation a little complicated. Even if I delete them lots of them are still in Reaper`s list, so maybe I do it wrong?
I`m on Windows

2) How to insert midi in a project but to retain it`s original tempo without adapting to project tempo?
111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
foxAsteria

1. delete the associated .dll file (windows). a better way to keep them organized while retaining compatibility with old projects you might've used them in is to simply create your own folders in reaper's fx browser and add only the plugins you use there. this way you won't have to sort through the ones you don't use.

2. set the track or project timebase to time.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:58 PM   #3

I delete DLL. but some of them are still in Reaper
111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
foxAsteria

then you did not delete them all. if they are vst3 then they will have the .vst3 extension.

if you go to preferences > plug-ins > vst, you will see all the locations reaper scans for plugins and you can even change this to a new location and start adding the plugins you know you use there.
Old 05-24-2018, 12:00 AM   #5
ivansc

And the most important of all: In Reaper use the Clear/re-scan option NOT just the Re-scan option. This will purge Reapers plugin cache and tidy things up for you once you have removed all traces of the plugins you want to lose.
As a matter of good practice it is always better to us a plugins own uninstall .exe if it has one rather than just deleting the .dll file - you never know what you are leaving behind.