Old 03-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #81
snooks
Banned

Just a quick question... does this work with namespaces? I'm building a MIDI plugin with no errors that just passes MIDI straight through in the VST version (it does stuff with the MIDI in the JS version, honest!) and I can't think of much else it might be.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:40 AM   #82
snooks
Banned

It looks like using midirecv() in @block makes plugins not work (passes MIDI and audio straight through).

edit: I see that Geep Retro Keyboard which uses midirecv in @sample still works with midirecv in @block. There's something going on that's making other MIDI plugins not work at all.

I tried compiling MIDI Note Filter, from Reaper JS effect, but that doesn't work either.

So there's something inconsistent about midi functionality, but I can't put my finger on what is the cause.

An example. This is a plugin that silences the right channel in @sample. If any of the midirecv or midisend lines are uncommented the @sample stops processing (audio is passed through unchanged). So something is breaking something, but since Geep Retro Keyboard is working I have no idea what it is...
Code:
desc: Test Plugin

EffectName: Test Plugin
VendorString: Geep
VendorVersion: 1000
UniqueId: 0
InstallPath: C:\Studio\VSTPlugins\

slider1:8<1,16,1>Test slide

@init
testuyg = 1;

function returnZero()
(
  0;
);

@slider
a = slider1;

@block
a+=1;

//a>1000 ? (midisend(0, $x90, 64+(64<<8)); a=0);
//midirecv(offs,msg1,msg23);

while(returnZero())
(
  (msg1 & $xf0) == $x90 ? (
    1;//midisend(offs, $x90, 64+(64<<8));
  );
  1;//midisend(offs, msg1, msg23);
);

@sample
spl0 = spl0;
spl1 = 0;

Last edited by snooks; 03-15-2016 at 01:18 PM.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #83
Castanuelas
Human being with feelings

@derek.john.evans - Thanks for creating this great suite of tools!

I tested in REAPER some of the nice VSTs transpiled by Anomaly and you. The one thing I miss from JSFX sliders is the ability to fine tune parameters. With JSFX, I can press the ctrl key and get finer resolution with the mouse, or I can manually type in a value, which is interpreted as a double float. With the Geep Delay VST, for example, I can't set the feedback to zero.
Castanuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:09 AM   #84
Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castanuelas View Post
@derek.john.evans - Thanks for creating this great suite of tools!

I tested in REAPER some of the nice VSTs transpiled by Anomaly and you. The one thing I miss from JSFX sliders is the ability to fine tune parameters. With JSFX, I can press the ctrl key and get finer resolution with the mouse, or I can manually type in a value, which is interpreted as a double float. With the Geep Delay VST, for example, I can't set the feedback to zero.
Greetings,

All recent plugins I have released have the slider fine tuning feature. You need to press SHIFT key first and then click on the slider. I admit it may be a bit clunky at the moment, but it does what it's supposed to. Also CTRL + click will reset the value to default.
What comes to Geep plugins though, they are using Derek's own system.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #85
Castanuelas

@Anomaly - I appreciate the extra care you put into creating your VSTs. I did notice the features you mentioned when I tested them. Did you use the SWIPE JS GUI to get these features?

I am interested in tips from Geep Jeez users on how to get a VST knob or slider that supports manual text entry of double-type values. I use this for increased precision in tuning and to go beyond the limits of the knob/slider without having to recompile.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #86
Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castanuelas View Post
@Anomaly - I appreciate the extra care you put into creating your VSTs. I did notice the features you mentioned when I tested them. Did you use the SWIPE JS GUI to get these features?...
No, I use my own.
I have not put much thought to the manual value entering because I don't think it was possible to do with JS, at least in earlier days. Perhaps a method to input strings from user keyboard has been added to JS recently?
Old 04-12-2016, 11:39 AM   #87
Castanuelas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
Perhaps a method to input strings from user keyboard has been added to JS recently?
I have been using this feature in standard JS sliders since REAPER v4.x. Try it on existing JSFX with a gain slider. In my JS code, I quantize to the nearest integer when computing the samples in a delay, so floating-point slider values are no problem.

Last edited by Castanuelas; 04-12-2016 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Embelish
Old 04-19-2016, 06:14 AM   #88
Castanuelas

Since my last post, I have been creating my own VSTs using Geep Jeez! v2.9. I find that these VSTs _do_ have the fine-tuning feature on standard sliders. Just like JS, fine tuning is enabled by pressing the CTRL key on Windows. The precision for fine tuning is determined by the number of steps in the slider declaration. The upper limit is somewhere between 1000 and 2000 steps. Above that, the VST slider will have fewer steps than in the slider declaration.

One small bug in Geep Jeez! v2.9 is that double clicking on a standard slider causes the value to reset to the middle of the range rather than the default value in the slider declaration. Keyboard entry for a standard slider value (like the JS slider) also remains on my wish list.

I am very impressed Geep Jeez! The VSTs I created so far work very well, and it was super easy to create them.

My next adventure is to manually optimize the C++ code. How do I use Geep Jeez! to use it for its compile and link steps? Or how can I do this manually?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:14 AM   #89
SaschArt

Use this command Castanuelas: "C:\Program Files\Geep Software\TDM-GCC\bin\g++" -std=gnu++11 -v -s -shared -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-unused-value -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-but-set-variable -fPIC -fmessage-length=0 -fno-exceptions -fpermissive -finline-functions -O2 -m32 -DVEST_VST=1 -DJES2CPP_INLINE=inline -DWDL_FFT_REALSIZE=8 "-IC:/Program Files/Geep Software/Jeez!/jes2cpp/" "-IC:/Program Files/Geep Software/Jeez!/jes2cpp/vest/" "C:/Program Files/Geep Software/Jeez!/jes2cpp/jes2cpp.cpp" C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Jes2Cpp/output.cpp "C:/Program Files/Geep Software/Jeez!/jes2cpp/vest/libvest32.a" "C:/Program Files/Geep Software/Jeez!/jes2cpp/exports.def" -luser32 -lkernel32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -lgdiplus -o C:/Users/ADMINI~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Jes2Cpp/output.dll

Take care at paths

play_position not work, in jes2cpp.jsfx-inc add this line before @sample to make it work:
play_position = beat_position*60*4/(ts_denom*tempo);
SaschArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:20 AM   #90
JEL

Derek, are you still developing the Geep?

I don't know if it's just for me, but VSTs made with the Geep won't open in OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) or Davinci Resolve.

It's for both 32bit and 64bit plugins.

Is there anything I can do on my end, or is this a limitation of how the Geep creates the VSTs?

Thanks.
JEL
JEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #91
JEL

It appears Derek is no longer active on this forum (Hope all is good with him. Maybe he got hired by a big developer and are away making big money now )

His tool is really great to make Windows-compatible VSTs, but are there any options to get them to work on mac platforms?

Derek's tool never got the mac-option implemented. And since he hasn't been active in a long time here, I'm guessing no further development of his tool will take place.

His website is also down, so it looks like he abandoned it completely.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:43 PM   #92
Rockum

https://github.com/derekjohnevans/Geep-Jeez
Rockum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:07 AM   #93
JEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockum View Post
Thanks.
However, that is not being updated either.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:33 PM   #94
whats_up

Default this is new

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2369192

the author of the geep project is very talent.
but seems to disappear and also its sources are not compiled anymore with Lazarus.

anyway my sources are totally different, designed and work much better
and includes more support,
except of the pseudo-namespace which is work in progress
whats_up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 04:25 AM   #95
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats_up View Post
but seems to disappear and also its sources are not compiled anymore with Lazarus.
I do have some experience with Lazarus. Should I try it ?

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #96
whats_up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I do have some experience with Lazarus. Should I try it ?

-Michael
why do you ask me.
lazarus sources are not mine.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:57 PM   #97
mschnell

I might be inclined to give invest some work on that only if somebody really is interested.
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 03:20 AM   #98
whats_up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I might be inclined to give invest some work on that only if somebody really is interested.
-Michael
it would be nice to have this project compiled again.
but really not that much.

so it's up to you ...

thank you anyway.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:41 AM   #99
_TIP_

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats_up View Post
it would be nice to have this project compiled again.
but really not that much.

so it's up to you ...

thank you anyway.
+1, that would be great!
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote