Old 11-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #1
fricia
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper 6 track layout editing broken

Hey gorgeous reaper theming comunity

I recently noticed that while reaper registers what layout is selected for a track, only adjustments for the default layout in the theme editor script actually change anything (see GIF). I'm not sure if it ever worked, but now that I want to actually use the functionality I would sure like it to.
I did a fresh (portable) install, but the problem persists. The funny thing is that when I switch to an older theme (V4 or V5) switching layouts works as expected. I use the default V6 theme so no other theming shenaningans going on...

Any hints are appreciated!

https://imgur.com/vDtkmjK

Last edited by fricia; 11-01-2020 at 04:02 PM.
fricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:04 AM   #2
fricia

Just updated to 6.15 and it works as expected now.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #3
fricia

Aaaand it is back to being broken in the same way as before on the same reaper install it worked two days ago. I just tried again with a second clean portable install and it's not working there either... Seems to be something with my system. Or is the portable version the problem?
Old 11-24-2020, 05:38 AM   #4
claypainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fricia View Post
Aaaand it is back to being broken in the same way as before on the same reaper install it worked two days ago. I just tried again with a second clean portable install and it's not working there either... Seems to be something with my system. Or is the portable version the problem?
I have the same issue when I access it through the Track>Track Layout pulldown menu (it doesn't work)

If I access it in the Options>Layouts>Track Panel pulldown menu, it does work...

Weird stuff
claypainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
xpander

There is indeed a difference depending on from where you have changed the layouts.

If you have changed individual track layouts from the track menu, they don't follow anymore the global layout switching under the Options/Layouts.

Easiest way to fix that is to select all the tracks, then select from the Track/Track layout/Track Panel, Global layout default. This will set all the panels to the currently set global layout, and they all should follow the layout switching together after that.

Thing to remember is that when layouts are switched from the Options/Layouts menu, they apply to every track, except for the tracks for which the layouts have been changed individually from the Track menu.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote