Old 11-26-2020, 01:05 AM   #1
metalguitarist007
Human being with feelings

Default Disabling media items/clips/midi items?

To be clear, I searched and it seems most answers point towards disabling the whole track. What I'm looking for is a way to disable items on a track that is otherwise online (like deactive clip on Ableton)

Right now, I create a new track, mute it, and drag clips I want to disable into that track to get around this.
metalguitarist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 02:53 AM   #2
valy

valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:53 AM   #3
TonE

You can also mute items. I set my arrange so, if I click on upper half of item it toggle mutes. Another nice addition, if you have a long item, let us say 64 bars item, then having some small time selection somewhere, 1 bar time selection, clik to upper half will split at time selection, mute toggle that part. The idea is you can work quickly, starting from zero, with above technique you can mute/unmute anything you like. You need only two things:
- time selection
- click to upper half of item

Hope this helps, have a nice day.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 06:32 AM   #4
metalguitarist007

Default This is perfect!

This is actually fantastic for my workflow. I'm often testing parts and seeing what works, and was sick of having to create individual tracks for each idea (no big deal but it ends up cluttering the project as it grows), even more the FX button than the Mute button. Thank you both!
metalguitarist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #5
TonE

You can zoom in as deep as you want, even muting tiny pieces, then zooming even further, another tiny selection there, unmute again, very funny. Very precise work is possible this way. As the items are auto-splitted, you could even add item fx just on those tiny pieces, if you want.

The above suggestion I do not use, I want my arrange look as simple as possible so no names, no fx, no knob, no mute button there. Just rectangles.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote