Human being with feelings

Default Tu m'as sauvé

WBC Studio on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/7pyY

In looking forward for your critics.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:25 PM   #2
tspring

Hello again Losano. This is the best recording that you have posted on the reaper forum so far. Singers are good and on pitch. Good melody and harmonies. Good instrument and drum sounds, guitars all in tune. Great job. It is a good mix. Nice EQ, not too much reverb. There has been remarkable improvement from the first recordings you posted on the forum.
If I had to pick one thing to change I would say that arrangement gets a little too busy during the spoken word intro, but that is a personal preference, and probably not something that everyone would agree with.

I suspect that I have a bit more feel for your style of music than many of the other Reaper community members because I spent several years listening to Highlife music (which sounds a lot like your music) when I lived in West Africa years ago. Hearing this brings back fond memories of riding all over Liberia with music blasting from the radios of the "money busses" that we were in. Anyway, this recording is as catchy as anything I remember hearing there. Well done.

I suspect that you have a very specific audience in mind when you make your recordings, and you are not really trying to reach the broadest audience possible. There is nothing wrong with that, and sticking close to genre that your audience knows and likes is perfectly appropriate. But if you do want to try to reach a broader audience, you might want to consider trying to blend more elements of other styles of music with what you are doing. There is lots to explore in trying to do that, and it would be very interesting to hear. That is where Fela Kute started from, n'est-ce pas?

T
tspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
LOSANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspring View Post
Hello again Losano. This is the best recording that you have posted on the reaper forum so far. Singers are good and on pitch. Good melody and harmonies. Good instrument and drum sounds, guitars all in tune. Great job. It is a good mix. Nice EQ, not too much reverb. There has been remarkable improvement from the first recordings you posted on the forum.
If I had to pick one thing to change I would say that arrangement gets a little too busy during the spoken word intro, but that is a personal preference, and probably not something that everyone would agree with.

I suspect that I have a bit more feel for your style of music than many of the other Reaper community members because I spent several years listening to Highlife music (which sounds a lot like your music) when I lived in West Africa years ago. Hearing this brings back fond memories of riding all over Liberia with music blasting from the radios of the "money busses" that we were in. Anyway, this recording is as catchy as anything I remember hearing there. Well done.

I suspect that you have a very specific audience in mind when you make your recordings, and you are not really trying to reach the broadest audience possible. There is nothing wrong with that, and sticking close to genre that your audience knows and likes is perfectly appropriate. But if you do want to try to reach a broader audience, you might want to consider trying to blend more elements of other styles of music with what you are doing. There is lots to explore in trying to do that, and it would be very interesting to hear. That is where Fela Kute started from, n'est-ce pas?

T
Oui c'est justement la ou fela a commence. Thank you very much for your comment.