Old 11-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #1
Boubou
Human being with feelings

Default Stop-proof mode

Hi
I wonder if there is any functions to secure recording during recording process; a kind of record-lock or stop-proof mode option.

I do a lot of live recordings and I'm often scared of accidently stopping recording by hitting the wrong key. It would be great to have a button or command that prevents recording to be stopped just after been started. For exemple, you start recording, you clic on that button and then whatever you do on your keyboard the recording never stops. And if you want to really stop, you disable that fonction and then you stop record the way you normally do.

So far I have never found such a function, action or script that does that thing.

Any thoughts
Boubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
akademie

Hi Boubou,
I absolutely understand your worries.

In Reaper, you can have different keyboard assignment for actions in recording mode.
Look in Actions window, typically you'll be in "Main" section. You can see it in top right dropdown menu in Action window. There you can select "Main (alt recording)" and remove all (I mean all dangerous) keyboard shortcuts and leave only few essentials, or you can assign stop action some hard to press key combination (something like Ctrl+Alt+Win+Shift+Esc you know

Then in 'play' mode everything works as usual, but when recording (in 'record' mode) only key shortcuts assigned for this mode are active

Last edited by akademie; 12-06-2021 at 02:25 PM.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:38 PM   #3
Boubou

Thanks akademie
I'll try it!
Old 12-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
richair

So are you saying you can only remove preassinged keyboard short cuts but cannot assign new ones?
richair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:28 PM   #5
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richair View Post
So are you saying you can only remove preassinged keyboard short cuts but cannot assign new ones?
No, I am not saying that, absolutely.
You can add (even add more than one keyboard shortcut to one action) and remove as you like. And all that for different parts of the application (main, main-recording, media explorer. midi editor, etc.).

My specific reply was because of OP specific request (to avoid unintentional stopping of recording by unintentionally press some keys etc.).
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote