Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #121
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

"/action/40668" works on a push button. the action is cancel record, or stop record and trash items.

"/action/22" doesn't work. this is toggle something, I think solo for master track. this is on a push button. I made this for test purposes only to have one toggle and one push button to see if that made a difference.

"/action/16" not working. This is the one I want. Toggle FX bypass for master track. it is on a toggle button.

Both non working buttons have worked with other actions. both toggle actions and non toggle actions.

no toggle actions on the master have worked so far.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #122
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
So what is the OSC message that you're sending from the button that works, and what is the OSC message you're sending from the button that does not work?

In REAPER: Preferences > Control Surfaces > pick an OSC configuration > Edit > Listen.

I don't think so, it must be something you're doing wrong (but unfortunately, at this point I have no clue what that may be...).

I just checked here, "/action 16" works just fine here on REAPER's end, and so does "/action/16". And "/action/40668" and "/action 40668", or any other action Cmd ID I try.... all working as expected here.
the listen worked as expected. In that window I noticed an "allow binding to actions" checkbox. Checked that, and went and bound the button to an action. That works.

I don't understand why I had to do that for this action, and not others, but, if it works, I'm happy.

I don't understand what could be the issue over here though.

The only real downer is that the toggle state of the button on my controller cannot be dictated by reaper.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 10-03-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
the listen worked as expected. In that window I noticed an "allow binding to actions" checkbox. Checked that, and went and bound the button to an action. That works.

I don't understand why I had to do that for this action, and not others, but, if it works, I'm happy.
That is not something that needs to be done for any specific action, but for being able to use the MIDI/OSC Learn feature with any of REAPER actions. So you can trigger actions via OSC in two ways: by using the corresponding message patterns in the .ReaperOSC configuration, or by using the Learn MIDI/OSC feature with the Actions list.
Quote:
The only real downer is that the toggle state of the button on my controller cannot be dictated by reaper.
Well, that's the downside of using REAPER actions instead of the more sophisticated OSC "action descriptions". If you want bidirectional bindings (i.e. proper feedback from REAPER to your OSC control surface, so your toggle buttons always show the correct state) you should use action descriptions such as FX_BYPASS and TRACK_SOLO instead.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #124
Banned

Quote:
"/action/22" doesn't work.

[...]

"/action/16" not working.
What exactly is not working: is the button not sending that OSC message when you use it, or is REAPER not responding to that message as expected?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #125
Sound asleep

Quote:
Well, that's the downside of using REAPER actions instead of the more sophisticated OSC "action descriptions". If you want bidirectional bindings (i.e. proper feedback from REAPER to your OSC control surface, so your toggle buttons always show the correct state) you should use action descriptions such as FX_BYPASS and TRACK_SOLO instead.
If Woulda found an FX_MASTER_BYPASS in there, I woulda been all over it.

Not sure how I could use FX_BYPASS to specifically trigger the master only, on one page, but any track that is selected, from the other page.

Quote:
What exactly is not working: is the button not sending that OSC message when you use it, or is REAPER not responding to that message as expected?
It was reaper that was just not responding.

It was receiving the correct osc message.

I don't get it. What's really weird is that I then brought it to my proper DAW to hook it up, and it worked without binding. So, Idk, it's a mystery to me.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #126
fabiojanhan

Default Sending OSC to Reasurround Rotate

dear all,
I am new in this forum and I get in cause I am working with TouchOsc sending messages do Pure Data and then to Reaper. The main objective is to control a few of this plugin parameters. The problem I have is that I send the osc message to control the "rotate" parameter and it is not working. Can any of you help me with it? I thing it may be a bug cause all the other plugin parameters are working but not this one. Thanks
fabiojanhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 12:53 AM   #127
diemoories

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubvic View Post
hi Flippotto, i'm posting the touchosc maps, but, unfortunely... actually i made it for my android tablets, this means that are optimized for 1024x600 displays.
you may visualize strange things on ipad.

i'm not able 'till the WE to post the .reaperOSC files, i have it in my studio.
Does anybody know, where to find the reaperOSC files from lubvic's superp ReaperOSC_tablet1_3.touchosc and ReaperOSC_tablet2_3.touchosc layouts?

thank's a lot
ralf
Old 04-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #128
Ishaan

Where can this be downloaded? There is video of it in use on the TouchOSC website, I believe...
Ishaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:06 AM   #129
memyselfandus

Can you run Actions and that sort of thing from the iPad using these templetes?

All of these layouts should be uploaded to the stash. There's only one! Thanks to the nice person who uploaded this one.

https://stash.reaper.fm/browse.php?q=Touch+osc&x=0&y=0
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #130
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subz View Post
Here is my Submission for the Smaller iDevices (iPod, iPhone)

this can not be used at all, or a tiny bit can be used i don't care personally

feel free to update &/or shear as you wish

.ReaperOSC file included

MAIN PAGE (Transport & Volume/Pan VU)
[IMG]http://img341.**************/img341/4431/img00761.png[/IMG]

SENDS & FX
[IMG]http://img401.**************/img401/3197/img00581.png[/IMG]

JOG & LAST TOUCHED FX PARAMETER (& Master VU)
[IMG]http://img703.**************/img703/4926/img00631.png[/IMG]

FOCUSED FX (currently last touched track also effects this page when it should not! help most welcome!)
[IMG]http://img708.**************/img708/5097/img00601t.png[/IMG]

SCROLL ZOOM & MAPPABLE SLIDERS
[IMG]http://img811.**************/img811/5854/img00641.png[/IMG]
This is great! I've detected one problem only - when trying to control FX parameters or last touched FX parameter on the device, it will be jumpy and won't be smooth.

On the other hand, volume controls for track work normally.
Is there a fix for this, or is it REAPER's fault? (I'm using latest REAPER pre)

Thanks!
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #131
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default osc feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip mcdonald View Post
I just scanned the TouchOsc docs - there is a way to provide vibrate/haptic feedback upon touching a push button/toggle switch?

any success with this anyone?

Would love to try implementation, haven't started the documentation yet.

Planning to develop various useful templates for iphone ios9, android

another quick q- translation of controllers, between lemur, touchosc, ctrlr... any possibility? I like ctrlr's developer UI, but guess the app is ipad only (not on the app store), and that control surfaces made in one app won't be usable in another (boo capitalism)

thanks
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:40 AM   #132
ivansc

Recently got TouchOSC working but I cant find the link to the Android editor. IS there one?

Ignore me! Silly old fool that I am, I had not scrolled down the TouchOSC page far enough!!!

Last edited by ivansc; 01-02-2016 at 04:59 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 05:06 PM   #133
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default praise earlabs and touchosc templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlabs View Post
Total rework. I have now made a design that is totally to my own liking. I use the iPad not in the traditional sense like the LogicPad but just as an extra quick pad for my left hand. I have the mouse in the right hand, a BCR in front and the iPad at the left hand side.

I have made a layout where the most often used buttons are to the lower left so that I can easily get there. The lower left is used to scroll between the tracks and then directly to the right of those are the transport buttons in a layout that I am used to. I hardly ever record stuff so that button is moved to the right. I work a lot with markers and so those buttons are directly next to the transport buttons.

The second screen is for send and FX stuff. As you can see the layout to the lower left is quite similar to the first screen. Directly above are the buttons controlling the various inserts, with a big button to open the vst window. The upper right is for controlling the parameters of the vst's. I think these could be more but I don't know how to connect more sliders to .ReaperOSC file. The other stuff is quite self explaining.
Kudos, sir.

there's a touchreaper.zip in this thread, is that the best resource to use to try and get touchreaper working?

just getting started (with reaper and MIDI and OSC), I WAS still using the logicpad layout... just worked out how to get the layout on iphone.... wow!

Is there a guide? Kinda worked out that the latch/read/touch/off is automation control, M is mute, S is solo, 'l' is toogle auto-record, what's R? It adds a show track fx input button...

Lots of other pages to seemingly connect to whatever vst ya wanna control, is that what the 'bind fx' feature is for, like a CC LEARN mode?

EDIT: ok, quick google and I found a really good vid. gonna have a good play and read and see what needs (re)configuring to make it fully reaper 5 compatible.

AWESOME

Last edited by aspiringSynthesisingAlch; 01-02-2016 at 05:12 PM.
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #134
Finnish

Still following this!
Old 03-28-2018, 06:16 AM   #135
ivansc

Me too - Just realised I may have to pay for TouchOSC again if I want it on my iPad! I may not bother.
Work fine o my Android tablet.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #136
Finnish

I bought also Lemur.. Wow, that's some super douped stuff!!!
Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #137
EpicSounds

What are the best layouts in 2019?

I'm looking for a basic fader and transport layout that follows selected tracks w/mouse. The ones I've tried so far can only set, not get track selection.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:02 AM   #138
Travesty

I'm also looking for the same thing, ideally to fit on a phone screen, basically a touch faderport
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:51 PM   #139
Vampire TNA

Hey guys, Happy New Year!
I got a question:
In LogicPad layout, page 3 (Channel Strip), there is a track selector going to previous/next track, and the volume slider is updated for the selected track. Is there a way to do the same thing with a selector for track, instead previous/next controls?
Adding the selector is not a problem. The problem is that the volume slider does not get updated.
Thanks in advance for the reply!

Last edited by Vampire TNA; 01-04-2019 at 01:07 PM.
Vampire TNA is offline   Reply With Quote