Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 02-01-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
bgrg
Human being with feelings

Default How to compress amplitude of envelope points around midpoint by an arbitrary amount?

Hello,

Recently, I have found some good use of this action called "SWS/FNG: Compress amplitude of selected envelope points around midpoint". The problem is, the amount of compression cannot be changed and is quite small. Sometimes I have run the same action a few dozen times to achieve the desired effect.

I know there is a script written by spk77 (spk77_Compress or expand selected envelope points.lua) that uses a slider to compress/expand the amplitude but it only works on volume envelopes.

Is there any other way? Or is it possible to modify the SWS script so one can set a percentage maybe?
bgrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 02:01 PM   #2
JamesPeters

You can create a custom action which has multiple instances of that SWS action within it, and name it accordingly ("compress envelope from center 10x" for instance).

I looked around for some other script which might do the job and I didn't find anything, so hopefully that solution is ok.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:24 AM   #3
bgrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
You can create a custom action which has multiple instances of that SWS action within it, and name it accordingly ("compress envelope from center 10x" for instance).

I looked around for some other script which might do the job and I didn't find anything, so hopefully that solution is ok.
Thanks, that's a good idea. However, it seems that the amount of compression is calculated at each step as a percentage of the actual amplitude so the effect is quickly diminishing. It takes more than 30 repetitions to reach 50% of the initial amplitude, and after that, it gets even slower...
bgrg is offline   Reply With Quote