Old 02-01-2020, 11:43 PM   #1
The Bunker
Human being with feelings

Default Grouping takes across multiple tracks

Is there a way to group takes across multiple tracks so that you can audition them simply by clicking on the different takes and having Reaper select the corresponding takes for auditioning on the other tracks? I know you can do this by using keyboard shortcuts for 'next take' and 'previous take' which is fine most of the time but it doesn't let you use the mouse to quickly jump from, say, take 3 and take 12 instead of scrolling through a bunch of takes you don't want to audition.
The Bunker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 11:55 PM   #2
The Bunker

Actually upon closer inspection it appears that even using the next take/previous take commands doesn't actually work across tracks for grouped items unless all the items are manually selected first... which defeats the whole purpose of grouping them in the first place.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:16 AM   #3
The Bunker

Ah actually this whole observation was incorrect, apparently I had item grouping disabled which means even if you group items they won't behave as grouped unless you enable item grouping. This also allows selecting takes using mouse so all is good, my bad.