Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 11-05-2020, 10:43 AM   #1
TheRunawayFour
Human being with feelings

Default Unique Visual/Click track setup - Looking for help!

Hi Reaper forum. This is my first post. After doing hours of research I keep bumping into little issues on a project I'm working on.

I want to use Reaper for my band's live setup where we incorporate timed visuals. We play video game music medleys and so the songs we play, and subsequently the video that plays with us, changes almost every minute. We use a USB foot pedal to trigger the videos live and we've been using VLC which has a nice "stop on last frame" feature that pauses our video playlist before moving to the next video in case our live tempo is slow.

My project is to move this setup to a Reaper session. Video player integration is great, and while I'd like to be able to get us consistently on a click there are still some parts of our repertoire where a more free tempo is desired and we would need to fall back on reproducing the "stop on last frame" feature in Reaper. So far I've been able to use the SWS Extension to put markers on the timeline to pause playback. The issue I've run into now is in building set lists out of the project file.

We have about 6+ hours of material and I've set regions to each of our medleys. It seems cumbersome to have to move and reorder these regions around each time we want to rehearse or perform. The solution I've been trying to use, and where I am now in this project, is using Region Playlists to automate set lists. The problem is that Region Playlists do not work consistently with embedded markers.

Is there a workaround for embedded markers and Region Playlists? Is there a better solution for this project that I'm missing?

Last edited by TheRunawayFour; 11-05-2020 at 02:40 PM.
TheRunawayFour is offline   Reply With Quote