Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-10-2009, 04:35 AM   #1
.matt.
Human being with feelings

Default bluescreen when using guitar rig 2

Hi guys,

I had the problem since forever now. got an hp notebook with enough resources and I'm unsing a usb audio device. OS is windows xp professional SP 3. when I start guitar rig in reaper the system sometimes crashes immediately, quite often it crashes after a couple of minutes, rarely it doesn't crash at all. There is a certain bank in guitar rig I think it's 'FX' and when I click it windows crashes always immediately. the number appearing at the blue screen is

0x0000008E ( 0xC0000047 , 0x804FCF2C , 0xF78B29B0 , 0x00000000 )

I found out that "0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and "STATUS_SEMAPHORE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED is meant by 0xC0000047" but i have no clue what that's supposed to mean

please help!

.matt.
.matt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
jinko17

This could be a number of things. Is the version of guitar rig legit? Getting blue screened indicates system failure. It could be due to a virus or software incompatable with your OS. Try a virus scan and check to make sure the version of guitar rig you're running is compatable with your OS.
jinko17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #3
faze1

I had Guitar Rig 2 2 years ago which crashed my computer. Same blue screen of death. First and LAST bootleg program i ever used. Lost all my music and entire sample library. 2-3 years of digging through vinyl for great drums and various samples down the drain. I know GR2 had alot of bugs from what i read so im not assuming your copy is bootlegged, just telling you my tragic experience.
faze1 is offline   Reply With Quote